Yanks must go 20-7

nj meadowlands

Sorry everyone, was in Mass. this weekend.

10-3

That's OK, I will handle last night's Yankee update.

The Royals literally bent over for the Yankees, then proceeded to concede the game. After the Royals, the Yankees will play my old Little League team because they are said to want a real challenge. Pathetic!

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's OK, I will handle last night's Yankee update.

The Royals literally bent over for the Yankees, then proceeded to concede the game. After the Royals, the Yankees will play my old Little League team because they are said to want a real challenge. Pathetic!

Arn't these the same Royals who beat Boston 2 out of 3 last week?:character42:

Yankees last three opponents during 11-3 run:

Jays 50-50

Rays 38-61

Royals 43-56

And yes, I am raining on your parade.

:cool0044:

No sweat, I realize most agenda driven fans as opposed to objective baseball fans continually leave out the fact that the Yankees went 5-2 against the twins and angels prior to the break. World beaters? No. Far better quality opponents than they've faced since the break. Yes. So lets go ahead and call it what it is. It's not an 11-3 run, it's a 16-5 run that started with taking 5 of 7 from one good team, and one VERY GOOD team. Don't worry, you're not raining on my parade, you're just trying to.

Minnesota 51-49

LA Angels 57-42

and the Royals still wish they were playing the Sox. Sadly, I suspect Igawa and Mussina have it in them to make the Roysls feel a whole lot better if they come away with a split. Hughes (or any other half way decent SP) can't get here soon enough.

Yankees last three opponents during 11-3 run:

Jays 50-50

Rays 38-61

Royals 43-56

And yes, I am raining on your parade.

:cool0044:

Um... Moses, you do understand that the poor quality of the opponents is the purpose behind the thread, don't you? Looking at the level of competition 20-7 was picked as a legit goal to keep the Yanks alive in '07. Nobody said they were facing world beaters.

Um... Moses, you do understand that the poor quality of the opponents is the purpose behind the thread, don't you? Looking at the level of competition 20-7 was picked as a legit goal to keep the Yanks alive in '07. Nobody said they were facing world beaters.

So the Yankees have won 10 of their last 12 you say? Well apparently these were MUST wins.

How many games are they up in the standings anyway?

So the Yankees have won 10 of their last 12 you say? Well apparently these were MUST wins.

How many games are they up in the standings anyway?

7.5 behind Boston

4.5 behind Cleveland

No matter what happens in the Red Sox / Indians series, it helps us either way, and as long as we keep winning it can't hurt us by a losing ground stance.

WTF are you talking about?

WTF I am talking about is THE TITLE OF THIS G'D THREAD IS "Yanks MUST go 20-7" (duuuuuuuuuuuuuuh)

and Im saying that even if they do that, they dont control their own destiny as the teams they are chasing are in a much more advantageous position!!!

The Red Sox (best record in all of baseball) and Indians (great all around young team) both have far superior pitching!!! Whether or not the Yankees beat the terrible teams that they are playing means very little.

No such thing as MUST wins for NYY this year.

Thats WTF I am talking about.

Sigh.

WTF I am talking about is THE TITLE OF THIS G'D THREAD IS "Yanks MUST go 20-7" (duuuuuuuuuuuuuuh)

and Im saying that even if they do that, they dont control their own destiny as the teams they are chasing are in a much more advantageous position!!!

The Red Sox (best record in all of baseball) and Indians (great all around young team) both have far superior pitching!!! Whether or not the Yankees beat the terrible teams that they are playing means very little.

No such thing as MUST wins for NYY this year.

Thats WTF I am talking about.

Sigh.

Just setting yourself up for a bigger fall. I love it.

He does it every year. Jizzes all over himself while Boston is ahead, them watches them finish second to the Yankees and disappears.

At least they won their first WS since his grandfather sprouted pubes. He'll always have that. Good thing they changed the rules to let second-place teams in the tournament.

Good point. ;)

And with KC, Baltimore, Chi and Toronto on deck, they will in all likelihood do better than 20-7.

I'm thinking 22-5.

He does it every year. Jizzes all over himself while Boston is ahead, them watches them finish second to the Yankees and disappears.

At least they won their first WS since his grandfather sprouted pubes. He'll always have that. Good thing they changed the rules to let second-place teams in the tournament.

Meanwhile, there are 6 year old Yankee fans walking arounf wondering if they will ever see a championship in the Bronx.

Meanwhile, there are 6 year old Yankee fans walking arounf wondering if they will ever see a championship in the Bronx.

I wondered the same thing when I was 11. Thank god I got to see four.

It tickles my heart to know how many old goats died never seeing the blo sux win anything. Teddy the Frozen Popsicle being one of them.

You know whats sad, is that there are probably a few people, maybe more than a few, who died really wanting to see whatever team they follow win a championship of some sort before they died. Of course, if that somehow made their life less enjoyable or was of some great consequence to them, then that is the true tragedy.

It's only a game folks.

It tickles my heart to know how many old goats died never seeing the blo sux win anything. Teddy the Frozen Popsicle being one of them.

Oh Max, oh Smizzy...

either delete this unfunny hack's post and issue a warning to him or its gonna be a long night of Thurmon Munson airplane jokes!!!!

That statement was pathetic. Was that meant to be a dig at Yankees fans?

More like a dig at the team that has spent over $1 billion for the past 6 seasons with nothing of substance to show for it! I think I figured out the personal attack thing......

my statement was pathetic you say? Well your reply back was nonsensically moronic/retarded/lame, say nothing about the poster who posted it of course.

More like a dig at the team that has spent over $1 billion for the past 6 seasons with nothing of substance to show for it! I think I figured out the personal attack thing......

my statement was pathetic you say? Well your reply back was nonsensically moronic/retarded/lame, say nothing about the poster who posted it of course.

Personal attacks aren't my thing. I would say that you have market cornered on all things personal.

Oh Max, oh Smizzy...

either delete this unfunny hack's post and issue a warning to him or its gonna be a long night of Thurmon Munson airplane jokes!!!!

It has been deleted, he has been warned, and your leash just got choked up as well.

11-3

The Yankees have been getting it done since the All-Star break. The offense has been excellent and the pitching has been decent.

The Red Sox have also helped by stumbling out of the gate and then getting things together in Cleveland.

The Sox beating the Tribe the last two nights has really helped the Yankees in the Wild Card race.

Oh Max, oh Smizzy...

It tickles my heart to know how many old goats died never seeing the blo sux win anything.

There, I kept out the bad part. The rest of the post stands and I will continue to laugh at the "other" comment.

The Yankees have been getting it done since the All-Star break. The offense has been excellent and the pitching has been decent.

Maybe this post will be what FINALLY pushes you over the edge and makes every JetNation Yankee homer officially "like" you!!! Here's hoping for your sake. Im just not sure you have any room left on your tonsils for the nuts@ck of anyone new who may join though.

Maybe this post will be what FINALLY pushes you over the edge and makes every JetNation Yankee homer officially "like" you!!! Here's hoping for your sake. Im just not sure you have any room left on your tonsils for the nuts@ck of anyone new who may join though.

I hate to break it to you but what I posted was a fact.

You can live in your bizzaro world but the rest of us will live in reality.

Archived