Max coaches like Herm!

Gang Green Girl

On Saturday, I was graciously invited by Mr. and Mrs. Maxman to their lovely home for a barbeque. Before the barbeque, their 10-year old son had a baseball game.

Being the coach for the home team, Max was responsible for checking the playing field conditions. When we arrived ten minutes early for a 2:30 PM start, the field was muddy and unplayable. Max hadn't checked it and we needed to move to another park clear across town. Way to follow through, Max! [-X

The first pitch was thrown after Max gave his Herm-esque pep talk: "Boys, it doesn't matter if you win or lose. What matters is that you have fun and put forth your best effort". :roll:

When the home team came up to bat, the batter swung (about ten seconds too late) at a pitch that could have hit a bird or low-flying plane to which Max cheered, "good cut, good cut!!!" :shock:

I think you get the idea. That was pretty much the theme for the entire game.

Giddy Max yelled, "Kool-aid for everyone. We'll get 'em next week", as the home team lost a nailbiter by the score of 13-11 in extra innings.

Is it any wonder that Max idolizes Herm?

As for the barbeque, my veggieburger was horribly undercooked. But I gotta say, Max's flat-screen, high-def tv is just as impressive as he has gushed in his 500+ threads on the subject...although he should probably use the Windex to remove his lip prints.

Max, when I can I expect my invitation to the next barbeque?

On Saturday, I was graciously invited by Mr. and Mrs. Maxman to their lovely home for a barbeque. Before the barbeque, their 10-year old son had a baseball game.

We invited you? I seem to remember you begging us to come over.

Being the coach for the home team, Max was responsible for checking the playing field conditions. When we arrived ten minutes early for a 2:30 PM start, the field was muddy and unplayable. Max hadn't checked it and we needed to move to another park clear across town. Way to follow through, Max! [-X

Man that was totally my fault. If I didn't have to pick someone up at the train station, I am sure I would have had time to check out the field. :mrgreen:

The first pitch was thrown after Max gave his Herm-esque pep talk: "Boys, it doesn't matter if you win or lose. What matters is that you have fun and put forth your best effort". :roll:

I told those boys that the playoffs were attainable. I then said boys, if you are scared...call the police.

When the home team came up to bat, the batter swung (about ten seconds too late) at a pitch that could have hit a bird or low-flying plane to which Max cheered, "good cut, good cut!!!" :shock:

You forgot the part about my goofy Herm smile. You know when things are going real bad and the parents look over at me. I smile just like Herm...my way of saying, it is under control. I think. :^o

Giddy Max yelled, "Kool-aid for everyone. We'll get 'em next week", as the home team lost a nailbiter by the score of 13-11 in extra innings.

Those boys have never been more motivated in their life. With a record of 9 and 4 my results speak for themselves. We have made the playoffs 2 out of 3 seasons you know!

As for the barbeque, my veggieburger was horribly undercooked.

I did NOT dedicate any grill space to a "veggieburger". I simply let it bake in the sun for 5 minutes. If it is not a dead cow, it doesn't deserve grill time.

But I gotta say, Max's flat-screen, high-def tv is just as impressive as he has gushed in his 500+ threads on the subject...although he should probably use the Windex to remove his lip prints.

UH those were not my lip prints. Nevermind.

I am real busy right now setting up online chats and trying to get us linked on the Jets official website. Once I take care of both of those things you will be invited over again! :P

Max can not be like Herm- if he did the barbecuing technique would be down pat as an expert- I figured I would say it before Savage.

How to do you expect Max to run a web-site and coach little leaguers at the same time- both end up suffering GGG

Max can not be like Herm- if he did the barbecuing technique would be down pat as an expert- I figured I would say it before Savage.

How to do you expect Max to run a web-site and coach little leaguers at the same time- both end up suffering GGG

Faba...I told her the day wasn't good for us. I said I had to make out the lineup and go over the advanced scouting reports.

She responded...any good head coach\manager will simply delegate that work to his assistants. So that is what I did and we lost.

I am going to throw them under the bus.

Faba...I told her the day wasn't good for us. I said I had to make out the lineup and go over the advanced scouting reports.

She responded...any good head coach\manager will simply delegate that work to his assistants. So that is what I did and we lost.

I am going to throw them under the bus.

In the baseball leagues that I know around New Jersey-coaching in them is tougher than any problems on a internet web-site- those parents are blood thirsty.

GGG has this thing about complaining about performances- whether is cooking on a grill, coaching kids baseball or performance of servers on a internet site

As for the barbeque, my veggieburger was horribly undercooked. But I gotta say, Max's flat-screen, high-def tv is just as impressive as he has gushed in his 500+ threads on the subject...although he should probably use the Windex to remove his lip prints.

For a broad, Cubed is pretty damn funny. =D>

For a broad, Cubed is pretty damn funny. =D>

She gives you 1,000 compliments and she finally gets one back!

But you are right...she is hysterical. I especially like the way she heckled my son when he was at bat. That was really funny.

Cmon kid hit the damn ball. Don't be a loser like your Dad.

Did Max try and put 13 players on defense, only to still allow the other team to bat around? What a frikkin loser. If I was coaching that club, you best believe those kids would be on steroids, using corked bats and manipulating the rule book to win multiple championships. And if a kid who has been with the club for a few years starts to see his average dip by .002 points, you bet your ass I'm throwing him out in the street, baby. You know, just like Belichick.

Did Max try and put 13 players on defense, only to still allow the other team to bat around? What a frikkin loser. If I was coaching that club, you best believe those kids would be on steroids, using corked bats and manipulating the rule book to win multiple championships. And if a kid who has been with the club for a few years starts to see his average dip by .002 points, you bet your a$$ I'm throwing him out in the street, baby. You know, just like Belichick.

Max could not have screwed up one thing in coaching the kids- no time clock in these baseball games-

Did Max try and put 13 players on defense, only to still allow the other team to bat around? What a frikkin loser. If I was coaching that club, you best believe those kids would be on steroids, using corked bats and manipulating the rule book to win multiple championships. And if a kid who has been with the club for a few years starts to see his average dip by .002 points, you bet your a$$ I'm throwing him out in the street, baby. You know, just like Belichick.

You underestimate me. The kids were pumped in the middle of the 4th when I got them together and gave them the "You play the game to win" speech. It lead to an 8 run outburst.

9 and 4. My record speaks for itself. Much like Herm was given a bad roster by Bradway, I inherited a .500 team.

I am pretty sure Disney is going to make a movie about this magical season. I wonder if Denzel will be available to play me. I liked the job he did in Remember The Titans.

You underestimate me. The kids were pumped in the middle of the 4th when I got them together and gave them the "You play the game to win" speech. It lead to an 8 run outburst.

9 and 4. My record speaks for itself. Much like Herm was given a bad roster by Bradway, I inherited a .500 team.

I am pretty sure Disney is going to make a movie about this magical season. I wonder if Denzel will be available to play me. I liked the job he did in Remember The Titans.

Are you assuming that Kevin James won't be available? It's times like these that you truly realize the value of a guy like Chris Farley.

Are you assuming that Kevin James won't be available? It's times like these that you truly realize the value of a guy like Chris Farley.

They contacted Kevin James. But he wasn't willing to add the weight necessary to play me.

He was afraid that he would be labeled as a "Fat Actor" and future parts would be hard to come by.

Good one, Garb. But now we're gonna have to hear AGAIN how Max got taken at the pancakes breakfast for about $50. I think he may have mentioned that once or 25 times already.

How the F*CK do you have a breakfast buffet with NO pancakes anyway? That is f*cking ludicrous. I would have flipped the buffet, myself. No one ****s with the King. No ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good one, Garb. But now we're gonna have to hear AGAIN how Max got taken at the pancakes breakfast for about $50. I think he may have mentioned that once or 25 times already.

Damn I am getting slammed today. I didn't lose $50. But a $20 buffet for ten people = $200. When 10 people hand me $20 that means Max owes the tip.

No big deal. It wasn't like I was just meeting all these people for the first time or anything!

Besides GGG did actually offer extra money. There are many things wrong with GGG. Too numerous to list here. But being cheap is not one of them.

Damn I am getting slammed today. I didn't lose $50. But a $20 buffet for ten people = $200. When 10 people hand me $20 that means Max owes the tip.

No big deal. It wasn't like I was just meeting all these people for the first time or anything!

Besides GGG did actually offer extra money. There are many things wrong with GGG. Too numerous to list here. But being cheap is not one of them.

There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with GGG. N-O-T-H-I-N-G. Nada.

Take it back before I ban myself again.

There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with GGG. N-O-T-H-I-N-G. Nada.

Take it back before I ban myself again.

I just PMed you a list of what is wrong with her. I have spent lots of time researching this. Actually this is just the first half of the list, the entire thing would not go through (bandwidth issues).

I took out minor things like the limp etc. Just left the major defects on there.

Max, while I'm sure you spent much time listing my faults, perhaps your time would be better spent lining up a guest for the on-line chat? BTW, have you made any progress on that?

I just PMed you a list of what is wrong with her. I have spent lots of time researching this. Actually this is just the first half of the list, the entire thing would not go through (bandwidth issues).

I took out minor things like the limp etc. Just left the major defects on there.

Max, while I'm sure you spent much time listing my faults, perhaps your time would be better spent lining up a guest for the on-line chat? BTW, have you made any progress on that?

I have a NY Daily News beat writer who assured me he was locked on for Wednesday night.

Now I haven't heard back from him for a few weeks.

Do you think I should be worried? I find it hard to believe that he would blow us off.

He's hosting a live chat on another Jets message board on Wednesday night. #-o

Rich is a man of his word. He wouldn't back out on this site! :wink:

Despite my requests at confirmation that he has ignored. I am sure he realizes that it is a privilege to post on this message board. Even more so to do online chats!

Archived