Final JetNation opinions on West Side Stadium

nj meadowlands

West Side Stadium? Yay or Nay  

1 member has voted

1. 1. West Side Stadium? Yay or Nay

The polls are closed. Jets fans choose the stadium by an overwhelming 2 to 1 margin (actual count). I am not satisfied with the staus quo. Playing in Giants stadium is an embarassment, the Jets need their own stadium (even though I'd prefer it in Queens or Long Island)

Let's do a litle pro's and con's here:

Pro's

1- The Jets will have their OWN building and it will be the greatest, most modern stadium, in all of sports.

2- It will re-energize the West Side. When I come to NYC, I rather enjoy not having the threat of being gang-raped and/or beaten like I was in some kind of Ed Koch primordial wasteland. I am all for any project that ousts the poor from my sight and allows pure, unadulterated capitalism to ooze from every pore of Manhattan concrete.

3- No more green tarps over the Giant Blue.

Con's

1- No tailgating: My own personal view on tal-gaiting is that it's a nasty, putrid thing for grown men to stand in a parking lot drunkenly throwing footballs with one hand, while holding a longneck in the other, spending 4 hours talking about how "this is <puke burp> our year when the team is under .500. And then they piss on their car tires. Nasty.

2- PSL's: Yes, this will suck. I do not have season tickets, so it doesn't affect me, but to those who will be shut out by paying an extra grand, too bad suckers. Stop being selfish by begging the team to continue playing in Giants Stadium's laugh-at-able urinal.

3- Location: All you New Jersey-ites will be screwed, but too bad again. I would rather enjoy taking the subway to the Stadium as opposed to sitting in somebody's '88 Jeep Cherokee sneaking sips of warm beer out of a paper bag on the 3 hour trek to Giants Stadium. Suckers.

Let's do a litle pro's and con's here:

Pro's

1- The Jets will have their OWN building and it will be the greatest, most modern stadium, in all of sports. Absolutely, HOWEVER, if we go in with the Giants (it could be called Meadowlands Stadium or something), a plan which has been signed as our backup, we will still be ensured the most modern stadium in the NFL

2- It will re-energize the West Side. When I come to NYC, I rather enjoy not having the threat of being gang-raped and/or beaten like I was in some kind of Ed Koch primordial wasteland. I am all for any project that ousts the poor from my sight and allows pure, unadulterated capitalism to ooze from every pore of Manhattan concrete. No argument here

3- No more green tarps over the Giant Blue.

heheh

Con's

1- No tailgating: My own personal view on tal-gaiting is that it's a nasty, putrid thing for grown men to stand in a parking lot drunkenly throwing footballs with one hand, while holding a longneck in the other, spending 4 hours talking about how "this is <puke burp> our year when the team is under .500. And then they piss on their car tires. Nasty.

I feel very differently about tailgating. My crew has always been alcohol free and that's probably why. Tailgating is a heritage in the parking lot and I'm not looking forward to giving it up in the least. As a matter of fact I propose JETNATION TAILGATE LOT 7B THIS YEAR

2- PSL's: Yes, this will suck. I do not have season tickets, so it doesn't affect me, but to those who will be shut out by paying an extra grand, too bad suckers. Stop being selfish by begging the team to continue playing in Giants Stadium's laugh-at-able urinal.

Here is an aspect where you TS have to bend a little. I have 6 tickets in my subscription. That means when the stadium goes up, it may cost $60,000 just for the RIGHT to purchase tickets. I really don't know if I'll be able to afford that, and as a long time loyalist I'm not sure that this is right.

3- Location: All you New Jersey-ites will be screwed, but too bad again. I would rather enjoy taking the subway to the Stadium as opposed to sitting in somebody's '88 Jeep Cherokee sneaking sips of warm beer out of a paper bag on the 3 hour trek to Giants Stadium. Suckers.

A

Screw you Rochester fruit. The Meadowlands is 20 minutes from me. I travel on 3 roads TOTAL to get there. F driving the winnebago all the way to the west side. F IT AND F YOU

vote... no : )

An extra grand?

If that stadium ever comes to fruition (and it won't) PSL's for lower level seating will be in the $10,000 range.

Screw you Rochester fruit. The Meadowlands is 20 minutes from me. I travel on 3 roads TOTAL to get there. F driving the winnebago all the way to the west side. F IT AND F YOU

vote... no : )

Boo ******* hoo.

The Jets deserve their own stadium. It's high time this second class citizen sh*t ends. Whether or not it puts a cramp in your style is irrelevant. At least you get to watch the damn team play.

Believe it or not, dickbag, the Jets fans that actually GO to the stadium (most likely, not you) are very different from the Giants fans that go to their games. Jets fans are harder working, more blue collar citizens, most of whom will not be able to afford $10,000-$15,000 PSL's. Our stadium right now contains some pretty intense fans, but if this new stadium gets built, the fan base will be entirely corporate and just as tame as the Giants fans. Think before you open your mouth and spew retarded crap, especially to this ''second class citizen''

By that logic, you'd go see them play in a sandlot as long as it was close to your house. Well, at least they may actually be able to put their own NAME on the sandlot. Burn in hell, puke-boy. The Jets are getting their ripe new flashy stadium, even if they have to throw white trash like yourself out of your seats and give them to some corporate bigwigs who wouldn't know a first down from a third quarter. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA! But it'll look reeeeal nice on TV!

Lets cool it with calling our fellow Jet fans names guys- just state your opinions without that

Faba...don't even bother warning jethead80 from this point on. Just delete him when he mouths off.

If he keeps this up he won't be around much longer anyhow.

Is it OK for me to call Jet fans names?

You know the rule. You can say whatever you want. As long as it makes Gang Green Girl laugh you are exempt from our wrath.

But the second you stop being funny, the normal rules will apply to you as well.

By that logic, you'd go see them play in a sandlot as long as it was close to your house. Well, at least they may actually be able to put their own NAME on the sandlot. Burn in hell, puke-boy. The Jets are getting their ripe new flashy stadium, even if they have to throw white trash like yourself out of your seats and give them to some corporate bigwigs who wouldn't know a first down from a third quarter. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA! But it'll look reeeeal nice on TV!

LOL [-o<[-o< Nah man, I just think for the sake of the real fans who suffer with this team that building a super stadium under the name of MEADOWLANDS STADIUM would be great. I think the Jets' management's biggest problem with the current situation is that it is called GIANTS STADIUM, which would be fixed by this backup proposal we have.

and Troll- no hard feelings. [-o<

You know the rule. You can say whatever you want. As long as it makes Gang Green Girl laugh you are exempt from our wrath.

But the second you stop being funny, the normal rules will apply to you as well.

oh holy moses. this is just what we need.. giving Tx carte blanche. :roll: Way to go Oh powerful Weblord... OY!

Holy crap--enough already. You are so jealous because TX is soooooo MUCH funnier than you. How many times are you going to write this, Max. Not too many more, I hope.

Let's see how funny Tx is when he gives up a Saturday to babysit you!

oh holy moses. this is just what we need.. giving Tx carte blanche. :roll: Way to go Oh powerful Weblord... OY!

See sweetie? I was right all along... so Max, when are you going to ban Tx, anyway? He stopped being funny like in 2003. Everything he says now has been said by him, or he's ripped off from FE, PK, or Garb. Off with his head already!

Boo farging hoo.

The Jets deserve their own stadium. It's high time this second class citizen Sh#t ends. Whether or not it puts a cramp in your style is irrelevant. At least you get to watch the damn team play.

By the by, this is so seconded. I'm not from the New York/New Jersey area, but I'd be more tempted to go to a game in their own stadium than go to the toilet in the Meadowlands, where they're not even the main draw!

If the stadium deal is so great for everyone and Woody so badly wants a stadium then you know what ?

Build it. On your own freakin dime Woody.

And this goes to the Steinbrenner's, and Ratner's of the world who are in the process on getting new stadiums built. If this thing passes how long do you think it will George or Ratner to suddenly come out and say "Hey what about us ?"

Woody has the land now. Go and build it and shut your mouth and reap the benefits if it is such a great deal.

This disaster is the worst thing the Jets have tried to do to their fans since the hiring of Rich Kotite.

Anybody who disagrees with me hates the Jets, Jets fans, kittens, America and Jesus.

I voted yes....I just want a stadium we can call our own. I love tailgaiting, but it wouldn't matter to me if I did it or not. I love the game itself. I'll just have to get tanked while on the LIRR... :lol: . Or the 7 train, or whatever mass transit will get me to the stadium. It's kind of annoying now driving to Jersey. That traffic sucks ass...sorry.. :shock: and so does the could be 2-3 hr trip it presents. I just want some place I can be proud of and all Green.. :D

This disaster is the worst thing the Jets have tried to do to their fans since the hiring of Rich Kotite.

Anybody who disagrees with me hates the Jets, Jets fans, kittens, America and Jesus.

...Damnit Bob, that ISP thing is invading my privacy... :shock:

though i still think there's a chance it will happen, for the first time i'm voting 'no'. i don't think silver will pass it with all of the competing office space, and i don't think they can remove the office space and still pay for the stadium.

Archived