CB: Dwayne Joseph

CB: Aaron Beasley

CB: Don Boyd Odegard

FS: Erik McMillian

SS: Scott Frost

P: Toby Gowin

K: Doug Brien

PR/KR: Dexter Carter

Bryan Thomas is a good player. BJ Askew is a good player. Santana Moss is one of the most dangerous PR in NYJ history, plus a good WR. John Abe is a 3x all pro. Erik McMillian was defensive ROY once upon a time. Gastineau may be a flake but he was also one of the greatest pass rushing DE in history.

this is my beef - seems to me that sometimes the fans would rather bash the team and it's players then actually root for them. It's bad karma and in general counterproductive. When you make posts that NE fans stop by and agree with that's not a good sign.

Bryan Thomas is a good player. BJ Askew is a good player. Santana Moss is one of the most dangerous PR in NYJ history, plus a good WR. John Abe is a 3x all pro. Erik McMillian was defensive ROY once upon a time. Gastineau may be a flake but he was also one of the greatest pass rushing DE in history.

this is my beef - seems to me that sometimes the fans would rather bash the team and it's players then actually root for them. It's bad karma and in general counterproductive. When you make posts that NE fans stop by and agree with that's not a good sign.

Homey, all of the players I listed can be not only bashed, but crushed. John Abe sat out playoff games because of a contract. EMac was a malcontent cancer every second he was a Jet. BJ Askew has been cashing checks for two years, and if Sowell's agent wasn't retarded, Askew would be on the pine again next year. And Bryan Thomas, pass-rusher, has 1 1/2 career sacks after being picked in the first round.

I hear you about being overly negative toward the players, but this is not a true slap at the franchise. You can go through every team and make up a team of Wastes of Life. Even the almighty Pats.

You can't leave out DE Ron Faurot. I'm pretty sure he was a first rounder.

Reggie McElroy almost got Esiason killed against the Bills. Bruce Smith bitch slapped him and could have sodomized him freely if he was so inclined.

1. WR Alex Van Dyke

2. how can you have coslett ahead of hackett

3. Mo Lewis was one of the all-time great jets, he just played 2 years too long. for a long time he was the bright spot on a miserable team.

4. erik mcmillen was awesome for about 3 years, how can he make this team?

5. S damien robinson

When you make posts that NE fans stop by and agree with that's not a good sign.

bit, I would have agreed with TS if he put DFat on the list as well.

He has yet to live up to two 1st rounders and a 4th. :wink:

When a team gives up that much, the player needs to be a Pro Bowl player.

Why is Mo Lewis on the list? He got old and saw too much playing time towards the end but for a great portion of the 90's Mo was the man. You weren't calling him a waste when Parcells was HC.

Plus he knocked out that bum Bledsoe and sent the Pats organization into a tailspin with that no name QB who had to step in. Whatever happened to that bum anyway? #-o

John Abe sat out playoff games because of a contract.

Yep - he damn sure did. And I, for one, will have a hard time forgetting that. It's corny and way over used, but Johnny Abe is one of the guys they wrote the no I in Team adage for.

Yep - he damn sure did. And I, for one, will have a hard time forgetting that. It's corny and way over used, but Johnny Abe is one of the guys they wrote the no I in Team adage for.

Gee Hackett was on the List and he wrote the

Game plan for 3 out of 4 years in the playoffs!

So if he sucks how can a Guy who just slaps

Butts and BBQ's be a Good HC?? And If Johnny

Abe showed there no I in Team All the carries

Martin showed there's definitely a ME in Team! :roll:

Gee Hackett was on the List and he wrote the

Game plan for 3 out of 4 years in the playoffs!

So if he sucks how can a Guy who just slaps

Butts and BBQ's be a Good HC?? And If Johnny

Abe showed there no I in Team All the carries

Martin showed there's definitely a ME in Team! :roll:

I'm confused Savage :?

We should have kept Hackett and waivered C-Mart? Oh, and Herm, we just keep him around because he's a smooth as silk press interface.

I say this is more tom shanes all time sour grapes team than than anything else. As musch as I Abe disgusts me with his lack of heart, he still is an all time all pro. Mo Lewis, he may be the best jets linebacker ever (at least till VIlma plays 10 years). Did you forget Joe walton??????????????? Other than Joe Kleko who do you think has earned the right to wear the green?

Head Coach: Rich Kotite

Offensive Coordinator: Bruce Coslet

Defensive Coordinator: Ted Cottrell

ST/Clock Manager: Herm Edwards

QB: Browning Nagle

HB: Blair Thomas

FB: BJ Askew

TE: Johnny Mitchell

RT: Everett McIver

RG: Mike Haight

OC: Roger Duffy

LG: Dave Cadigan (To think I actuall thought this guy was going add 5 years to Ken O'Brien's life.)

LT: Jeff Criswell

WR1: Johnny Lam Jones

WR2: Reggie Rembert

WR3: Curtis Conway

DE: Ron Farout

DT: Scott Merserau

DT: Rick Terry

DE: Karl Barzilauskas

OLB: Matt Monger

ILB: Troy Benson

OLB: Alex Gordon

CB: Dwayne Joseph

CB: Aaron Beasley

CB: Donald Dykes

FS: Sam Garnes

SS: Scott Frost

P: Toby Gowin

K: Doug Brien

PR/KR: Dexter Carter

Homey, all of the players I listed can be not only bashed, but crushed. John Abe sat out playoff games because of a contract. EMac was a malcontent cancer every second he was a Jet. BJ Askew has been cashing checks for two years, and if Sowell's agent wasn't retarded, Askew would be on the pine again next year. And Bryan Thomas, pass-rusher, has 1 1/2 career sacks after being picked in the first round.

the term "waste of space" should not be applied lightly. All of those players have positive attributes, all of them at the very least are starter quality, hence cannot be considered waste of space.

What about Rick Mirer ? I always thought Lucas should have been playing over him when Vinny went down....

I hated Parcells for having f-ing RICK MIRER as our starting QB....ahh..that still chaps my *ss to the day..!!

the term "waste of space" should not be applied lightly. All of those players have positive attributes, all of them at the very least are starter quality, hence cannot be considered waste of space.

Dude, I have positive attributes, but I didn't cost the Jets a high draft pick and millions of bucks in return for nada. Who cares if they're "starter material" when they can't even get on the field without an injury to the guy who starts over them?

shane cmon - Askew, Abe and Thomas are all under the age of 26. You want to call them a waste of space that's a little premature.

Also nothing personal but i have to seriously question the football knowledge of anyone that calls Bryan Thomas a waste of space. im not talking about you specifically since it happens all the time with this player in particular. The dude is capable of playing his ass off, and if you don't believe me, pop in 2004 vs. Ravens. his contributions to the team don't reflect well in the stat sheet but then again neither did Shaun Ellis in 2002, another guy everyone called a waste of space... until he wasn't???

When i think of waste of space i think of JP machado - the manatee was the definition of waste of space - some of these other guys tho - i think you are just being too hard on...

shane cmon - Askew, Abe and Thomas are all under the age of 26. You want to call them a waste of space that's a little premature.

Also nothing personal but i have to seriously question the football knowledge of anyone that calls Bryan Thomas a waste of space. The dude is capable of playing his a$$ off, if you don't believe me, pop in 2004 vs. Ravens.

When i think of waste of space i think of JP machado - the manatee was the definition of waste of space - some of these other guys tho - i think you are just being too hard on...

Ahhhhh, no bro, I called them "wastes of life," meaning, that I culled my personal agenda against them into it. Certainly, Mo Lewis and John Abe, when they feel or felt like it, were/are great players for us, but both of them all but admitted to dogging it--Abe with hi "injury" that he had to "think about his future" with, and Mo Lewis with his constant bitching towards the end of his career, punctuated by his infamous "This is the NFL, I get a chance to try again next week" quote after a particularly pathetic game where he was highlighted several times doing NOTHING on the field but getting his ass kicked. I don't hate those guys because they're bad players, per se, I hate them because they're scumbags.

As for Askew, I actually think he has a real nice chance to be an interesting H-Back type player for us if used right, and I'm looking forward to seeing him earn some of the loot he has so far stolen from the Jets. Bro, this guy could barely be used on special teams, so up til now he is the definition of wasted space.

And Bryan Thomas, I hear you, hustles and tries hard, and does a great job against the run for a smaller DE, but let's face it, as a first rounder he has sucked. You can get a fifth, sixth rounder to come in and hustle for you and try to play the run as well as BT. Hell, look at it this way, if I showed you every game from the 2004 season, Trevor freaking Johnson was a better, more effective player than BT. And so was Matt freaking Walters before that. One and one-half sacks bro. Career. That's just sad. And he was the guy that was supposed to replace Abe, but because BT sucks so bad, we had to Franchise that drunken malingerer, so Thomas loses points for that, too.

Also nothing personal but i have to seriously question the football knowledge of anyone that calls Bryan Thomas a waste of space. im not talking about you specifically since it happens all the time with this player in particular. The dude is capable of playing his a$$ off.

How about a waste of space "for a #1 draft pick that was selected 22nd overall"?

bit, this guy hasn't done squat in 3 years and you are here defending him like he will be the next coming of Reggie White? :shock:

The guy is a 1st round bust with a capital B.

I'd love to know what the percentage of defensive snaps were over the last 3 seasons when Thomas was actually on the field? :shock::shock::shock:

Archived