Sharing A Stadium In NJ

Maxman

What are your feelings if that were to happen? Personally I really wanted the Jets to have their own place. But being from NJ the current location is convienent.

Ultimately the only way I would be happy about sharing a new stadium would be if there were no PSL fees.

I wanted for the Jets to have their own stadium wherever that might be- if we have to share a stadium with the Giants as long as we are equal partners and not shafted I can live with it- a brand new state of the art stadium.

I live 25 minutes from Giants Stadium, and yes it is very convenient. However, as long as there is a sliver of hope, I want them on the west side. Everything else to me is a distant second.

NJ is easier for me...but I did want that WSS. The Jets would have a true identity there.

I think there is a bigger chance of PSL's with a shared stadium in NJ than with the Jets having their own home in NYC. Where does the additional revenue come from in the Meadowlands? Why would anyone go there other than a football game?

In NYC there would something going on at the expanded convention center/stadium on a weekly basis.

Silver is a fool.

No matter where they build it or what they build you can be sure there will be PSL's assigned to it. No one is going to leave free money out on the table.

Even if they built a stadium that would be 50/50 for both teams it would fans would still associate it the Jets as being the tennants and the Giants the owners.

If the WSS does actually fall through then let's see what Woody does. If he really gives a rats @ss about the fans and this team then he will build them their own stadium probably where it should be.

Queens or Long Island.

If we get a joint home with the Giants in the Meadowlands (by combining our resources we'd be able to get a MEGA stadium anyway) and it is named something neutral, MEADOWLANDS STADIUM, and partnership is joint.. i would be ecstatic

I agree that playing in Giants Stadium is unacceptable, but this will no longer have to be the case. People need to realize that the reason we are the only two teams that share a stadium is because we are the only two teams in the same damn ''city''

I hope Xanadu gets us a mega stadium

I think there is a bigger chance of PSL's with a shared stadium in NJ than with the Jets having their own home in NYC. Where does the additional revenue come from in the Meadowlands? Why would anyone go there other than a football game?

In NYC there would something going on at the expanded convention center/stadium on a weekly basis.

Silver is a fool.

There IS & always has been the possibility of PSL's for any type of stadium.

A merged stadium or a Manhattan Stadium would not be any different.

You have to remember that a PSL HAS TO BE USED TO REFUND A TEAM FOR EXPENSES. It's not a spur of the moment thing.

In Manhattan, we had a $220 Million dollar shortfall due to the Prohibition of the use of PILOTS.

In East Rutherford, we'll have a $150 million dollar shortfall for the retractable Dome over a stadium that intially, has only been designed as an OPEN-STADIUM.

They are eventful. The difference between both locations is the fact that the PSL will be Dramatically less. It's all a difference in cost.

As for Silver being a fool. It is a difference in GREED.

If we get a joint home with the Giants in the Meadowlands (by combining our resources we'd be able to get a MEGA stadium anyway) and it is named something neutral, MEADOWLANDS STADIUM, and partnership is joint.. i would be ecstatic

I agree that playing in Giants Stadium is unacceptable, but this will no longer have to be the case. People need to realize that the reason we are the only two teams that share a stadium is because we are the only two teams in the same damn ''city''

I hope Xanadu gets us a mega stadium

It's bullsh#t, no matter how the deal is structured, it will always look like we are playing at Gints Stadium to anyone not a Jets fan, just the way it will be. And why should both of the home teams of the greatest world city be playing in the swamps of a lesser neighboring state? The answer to that is Shel Silver? WTF is that???? By an Assemblyman???? If he is so concerned about downtown why doesn't he go out and get some tenants for 7 Word Trade, that thing is sitting EMPTY and he is holding up development elsewhere in the city until 4 more office towers and the freedom tower are built right next to the empty one there now!!! What an ass, silver can suck my c@ck!!

Listen, woman, a "cesspool" is a complete, rickety dump that might kill people. The old Kingdome was a cesspool. A sh*thole is a place that's just gross, like the old Patriots stadium in Foxboro. Remember those "lights" they used to have for night games? It looked like 20 dudes holding flashlights on the field. Now, a "urinal" is a nasty, ugly stadium that isn't necessarily defective in any way, it's just ugly as a mofo. Shea is ugly as a mofo and is just nasty to look at from corner to corner. Hell, even the home run apple looks like sh*t.

Cesspool:

1. A tank or well for the collection and storage of sewage and waste (pick anyone of the Mutts roster).

2. A rotten and putrid place.

Keep us in Jersey.

110% in favor of staying here and sharing the stadium. What is so bad about sharing a stadium as long as it doesn't say Giants Stadium anymore and knowing that it's 50/50.

I don't see what is so bad about it.

Archived