Pats Fans

Ranger

I won't spoil the ending for you.... :lol::lol:

It's a good read - especially for a Pats fan. Shows the human side of BB - who, btw, is extremely loyal to his friends but can surely hold a grudge! Ask Tom Jackson! :wink:

Thanks PatsFanTX. I known it is written with a little bias, but they all are.

rbnljet, I thought it was a pretty good read. Two things that really fascinated me were:

1). How BB put together the game plan for the Rams in the Super Bowl.

2). How the Pats went about the 2002 draft.

Holley provides excellent details on these two and you get a pretty good understanding of BB's thought process.

As Garb also mentioned, there are quite a few zingers in there from BB. Not only the one for Tom Jackson (which was a classic), but he also craps all over the Buffalo Bills in one chapter.

Holley, a Cleveland native who wrote for the Cleveland paper before defecting to the Globe - then went to the Chicago Paper - quit after three months -went back to the Globe - quit the Globe to write this book - was the "guest" host of I-Max (thank God that train wreck was cancelled) and is now the 10-2 radio talk show co-host on Sports radio WEEI.

Anyway, when BB first became the NE Pats as HC - Holley (with the Globe) was one of the more vocal opponents of the signing - sighting his poor performance in Cleveland and how he was disliked by the Cleveland fans because of his detached, unfeeling demeanor among other things. Well - Holley changed his tune in time.....with BB's perfromance the past few years, how could you not? So, is Holley a "homer" or just someone that has come to appreciate what BB has accomplished?

13 - you are about as objective as Jetbosox fan is on the Baseball Forum.

Holley, a Cleveland native who wrote for the Cleveland paper before defecting to the Globe - then went to the Chicago Paper - quit after three months -went back to the Globe - quit the Globe to write this book - was the "guest" host of I-Max (thank God that train wreck was cancelled) and is now the 10-2 radio talk show co-host on Sports radio WEEI.

Anyway, when BB first became the NE Pats as HC - Holley (with the Globe) was one of the more vocal opponents of the signing - sighting his poor performance in Cleveland and how he was disliked by the Cleveland fans because of his detached, unfeeling demeanor among other things. Well - Holley changed his tune in time.....with BB's perfromance the past few years, how could you not? So, is Holley a "homer" or just someone that has come to appreciate what BB has accomplished?

13 - you are about as objective as Jetbosox fan is on the Baseball Forum.

actually I am about as objective as you are on a Jets message board

I have seen Holley, along with his brother patsie* lover Michael Smith on Around The Horn many times...throw them in with Bob Ryan and before you know it Tony Riali will started sounding like a chowd too..since you don't seem to get it, its ok to be a homer ON YOUR OWN FORUM...try it sometime

Bob Ryan is pretty darn objective.... a New Yorker, btw. Michael Smith writes for ESPN (and he picked the Eagles to win the SB). You haven't a clue 13. Me thinks you are one of those fans that believes purchasing team merchandise and participating in a message board banter makes you a good, knowledgable fan. When it comes to the Pats fan here, I am one of the more objective (Troy Brown, Doug Flutie excluded). Try this: The Jets will be a playoff team. At minimum, they will have a top five defense. The offense will take some time to gel. Penny is an average QB. Herm, is a very good coach, but a poor manager.

Try this: The Jets will be a playoff team. At minimum, they will have a top five defense. The offense will take some time to gel. Penny is an average QB. Herm, is a very good coach, but a poor manager.

Damn Garb is hitting the sauce again. [-X

Bob Ryan is pretty darn objective.... a New Yorker, btw. Michael Smith writes for ESPN (and he picked the Eagles to win the SB). You haven't a clue 13. Me thinks you are one of those fans that believes purchasing team merchandise and participating in a message board banter makes you a good, knowledgable fan. When it comes to the Pats fan here, I am one of the more objective (Troy Brown, Doug Flutie excluded). Try this: The Jets will be a playoff team. At minimum, they will have a top five defense. The offense will take some time to gel. Penny is an average QB. Herm, is a very good coach, but a poor manager.

CHILL WOMAN...I am as objective as I need to be...just because Ryan was born in NY doesn't mean he isn't a patsie* faithfull, where does he work NOW? you have never heard me claim Jets dominance, you have never heard me claim we were gonna win or even go to the Super Bowl..you have never heard me say that the patsies* weren't a very good team (except an occasional patsies* suck)..you are the one without a clue Bonzo..and you never heard me say that Cindy sucks, onlt that he is gay :D

you really shouldn't lump all Jet fans remarks into one group ,it makes you look like you aren't paying attention

Do you ever listen to Ryan? For someone who has spent the last thirty years in Boston - he's pretty darn objective....unlike you, the man with writes Patsie* :roll: I am far more objective than you could ever think of being. Perhaps you have spent too much time in that Florida sun.

Do you ever listen to Ryan? For someone who has spent the last thirty years in Boston - he's pretty darn objective....unlike you, the man with writes Patsie* :roll: I am far more objective than you could ever think of being. Perhaps you have spent too much time in that Florida sun.

no, you have spent to much time in the NE ice & snow...you need to get out into that Fla sun & let your brain defrost

We agree there! This past winter was brutal.

I'm getting away for an extended weekend this coming weekend and will be doing just that! Hanging out in the sun.....I'll post my OBJECTIVE thoughts on Tuesday.... :lol:

What was the name of the book written recently on the behind the scenes action of the Patriots org? It was written by Michael something. I was wanting to check it out and read it.

I'm not sure about the book, but they just put out a Patriots video called "Throat Yogurt Part III"

I'm not sure about the book, but they just put out a Patriots video called "Throat Yogurt Part III"

How the hell can you follow-up your MILF line from the other day with something so friggn' weak? :shock::shock:

Sad, very sad.

And Max said you were funny. #-o

Bob Ryan isn't objective... he hates everything... sheesh! :wink:

Archived