How Did You Feel When Belichick Quit On Us?

SoFlaJets

I said "GOOD!" Shows how much I know. I figured from what I saw out of him in Cleveland that he was gonna be another one of those great second banana guys who would never be a great top guy-kind of like Wannstedt was in Dallas and then at Miami as HC

F#$K Belicheck. You know, this whole Pats thing is all Mo Lewis' fault. If he didn't crush Bledsoe's lung that team would have been in dead last and Brady might never have played there.

:Nuts:

You left out Herm. if he doesn't coach terrified in that home game in 2001 against the Pats after the Vinny T INT, they never go on that run. also, if he doesn't win the last game of the season against the Raiders, the Pats do not have a bye and a home game.

How did I feel? Honestly, I felt betrayed, sad and upset with the words "same old jets" ringing in my ears.

That last part may have just been my buddy the giants fan, my memory is not so good.

Btw, BB is a good coach and he is also the guy that gave our HC a chance to learn and craft his style.

or FG kicker....

Some clutch field goals and some great coordinators got it done for him... otherwise he is out of a job and thought of as a slob... well he is still a slob... lol

He hasnt and wont win it all without a great staff around him...

He's a great coach as of now, but without Brady, how many SB would this guy have won? He was never a great coach in Cleveland

in 1991 with the Browns he went 6-10

in 1992 with the Browns he went 7-9

in 1993 with the Browns he went 7-9

in 1994 with the Browns he went 11-5 (Impressive)

in 1995 with the Browns he went 5-11 (whats with the dop off?) And that was his last year as the coach of the Browns.... 36-44 record with the Browns... Was never a Great or even GOOD coach with Cleveland.

in 2000 with the Pats he went 5-11

In 2001 Tom Brady who is a HOF QB took over as the starting QB because of a injury to Drew... Remember... It took a Injury to the Patriots Starting QB inorder for BB to name Tom Brady as the starter, so lets just sit here and say BB has a magic eye for HOF QB's.

In 2001 the Pats went 11-5

In 2002 the Pats went 9-7

in 2003 the Pats went 14-2

In 2004 the Pats went 14-2

In 2005 the Pats went 10-6

In 2006 the Pats went 12-4

says alot

I had no reacton really because he never settled into the position. I felt like crap when Parcells left though...I'm telling you as a fan from the 60's of this team, I have never had the feeling of being in every game we played like when Parcells coached this team...always felt when I saw him on the sidelines that we had a chance to win.

Hopefully Mangini will give me that same type of feeling...haven't felt that yet.

Just 2 consecutive AFCE Championships and 3 post season wins.

Yeah, hes a real fraud alright. When NE wins it all again his season you will be changing your tune.

Seriously, if he does damage w/o Brady at the helm then you can anoint him whatever you want. Until then all he is doing is riding a nice ship.

Yeah, hes a real fraud alright. When NE wins it all again his season you will be changing your tune.

He's a great coach as of now, but without Brady, how many SB would this guy have won? He was never a great coach in Cleveland

in 1991 with the Browns he went 6-10

in 1992 with the Browns he went 7-9

in 1993 with the Browns he went 7-9

in 1994 with the Browns he went 11-5 (Impressive)

in 1995 with the Browns he went 5-11 (whats with the dop off?) And that was his last year as the coach of the Browns.... 36-44 record with the Browns... Was never a Great or even GOOD coach with Cleveland.

in 2000 with the Pats he went 5-11

In 2001 Tom Brady who is a HOF QB took over as the starting QB because of a injury to Drew... Remember... It took a Injury to the Patriots Starting QB inorder for BB to name Tom Brady as the starter, so lets just sit here and say BB has a magic eye for HOF QB's.

In 2001 the Pats went 11-5

In 2002 the Pats went 9-7

in 2003 the Pats went 14-2

In 2004 the Pats went 14-2

In 2005 the Pats went 10-6

In 2006 the Pats went 12-4

says alot

I said "GOOD!" Shows how much I know. I figured from what I saw out of him in Cleveland that he was gonna be another one of those great second banana guys who would never be a great top guy-kind of like Wannstedt was in Dallas and then at Miami as HC

I was happy of course.

The Jets brought misery all upon themselves. Thats what they wanted and thats what they got.

It never would have happened, but NY tampered with Parcells when he was still NE's HC and then messed with C Martin. The whole thing blew up in their faces. Now, NY is stuck with a Tuna draft pick in Penny. Martin never got a ring. I dont feel the least bit sorry for him either.

Seriously, if he does damage w/o Brady at the helm then you can anoint him whatever you want. Until then all he is doing is riding a nice ship.

BB told Dick Rebien to go out and find a QB. Rebien came back and said this guy Brady is the next Montana.

BB isnt riding anything, but a Limo to the HOF in Canton OH.

Its shows how little you people know about your fiercest rival.

Bledsoe was on thin ice before he got hurt. BB did not like Bledsoe for a number of reasons. Mo Lewis, bless his heart, simply set the Patriots Dynasty into motion sooner.

yea he was on thin ice as you say. The gutsy move was made when BB went against the conventional NFL wisdom at the time which said-a starter should never lose his job b/c of an injury and when Bledsoe was healthy he did just that kept Brady in there

Its shows how little you people know about your fiercest rival.

Bledsoe was on thin ice before he got hurt. BB did not like Bledsoe for a number of reasons. Mo Lewis, bless his heart, simply set the Patriots Dynasty into motion sooner.

also PR-at the time NE WASN'T our fiercest rival the Dolphins were-they were coming off a 9-7 1999 and into back to back 11-5 seasons in '00 and '01

The Patriots were 8-8 in '99 5-11 in 2000 before their 11-5 '01 season so forgive us if we weren't paying too much attention

BB told Dick Rebien to go out and find a QB. Rebien came back and said this guy Brady is the next Montana.

BB isnt riding anything, but a Limo to the HOF in Canton OH.

Like I said, let's see him do it w/o Brady at the helm.

And straight up, I thought he was a good coach when he was here and still think he's a good coach.

Beyond that, he's a pos that is dead to me.

One more thing that I need to point out after reading this thread title again, you have added absolutely nothing to this discussion and until you do should see your way out of it. This is just bullsh!t trolling.

I concur that Mo Lewis just accelerated the process. I have no doubt BB would have yanked Bledsoe mid-way through the season. It's not like BB hasn't done something like that before. He was vilified for benching Kosar and starting VT in Cleveland. It was the right thing to do, of course, but those smaht Browns fans thought otherwise.

Belichick is a lousy human being and that pathetic "concession speech" just proved it. Parcells was just as bad. What really sucked about the whole thing was that that pair of scumbags held on and kept us from getting a new regime. Instead we had that half of a Parcells deal. As far as I'm concerned the tuna should have stayed or left, but not done that half-assed GM **** which he wasn't any good at anyway. FWIW, BB is a great defensive coach, but I'm not impressed with his leadership and I don't think he'd have lasted three years in NE without Brady. Doubt he'd have lasted any longer in NY, unless they picked Brady.

I'm saving this post to shove it down your trollest throat when the Panzies fall short again. Why don't you READ the thread titles BEFORE you post?

I was VERY disappointed, upset what ever when Belliprick left as HC. Writing it on a piece of scrap paper ! What a POS I thought, and I've never waivered on that. He was hand picked by Parcells and then butt slammed him. I could never foigure why he hated the Jets so much after that. Gee didn't WE give HIM a 2nd chance as an NFL HC? Why's he pissed at us? Should it be the other way around? Then HE gets pissed at Mangini when he bolts NE for our Jets. What a POS hypocrite.

I'm saving this post to shove it down your trollest throat when the Panzies fall short again. Why don't you READ the thread titles BEFORE you post?

His comprehension problem is not with the thread title. It's with the posts he's responding too. They are claiming Belly can't win without Brady and his response is "oh yeah, wait until we win this year!" Whether they have a valid argument or not, I don't see the relevance. Unless Patrain thinks Brady is going down and they are winning with Matt Cassell.

I was bummed about seeing the Tuna leave

His comprehension problem is not with the thread title. It's with the posts he's responding too. They are claiming Belly can't win without Brady and his response is "oh yeah, wait until we win this year!" Whether they have a valid argument or not, I don't see the relevance. Unless Patrain thinks Brady is going down and they are winning with Matt Cassell.

If he DOES believe this, then he's stupider than I gave him credit for. ;)

I was still more bummed out that Parcells left.

BB was still a brilliant DC who had failed (albeit in tough conditions) in Cleveland.

I honestly think that if Parcells had stayed for the 2000 season the Jets would have been probably playing the Ravens in the AFC Championship.

That team, even though they were getting older was still one of the elite teams.

Parcells steps down, Keyshawn ends up going to Tampa, Groh is the new coach, he runs them into the ground and the Jets don't even make the playoffs.

Typical Jets. Get to the brink and fall back.

You left out Herm. if he doesn't coach terrified in that home game in 2001 against the Pats after the Vinny T INT, they never go on that run. also, if he doesn't win the last game of the season against the Raiders, the Pats do not have a bye and a home game.

It amazes me that in a thread regarding Belicheck people still find ways to bash Herm. To speak to the thread... I was pissed we had great personnel and he would have been a good coach for us. That was a real act of disrespect.

Who cares? He's a good coach. obviously 3 Super Bowl rings attest to that. i dn't care if he had Knute Rockne and Vince Lombardi as his coaching assistants winning 3 rings is going to say something about your head coach.

He didn't want to coach here. Not the first time someone has turned down an offer to be coach of the Jets. Give it a rest already.

Who cares? He's a good coach. obviously 3 Super Bowl rings attest to that. i dn't care if he had Knute Rockne and Vince Lombardi as his coaching assistants winning 3 rings is going to say something about your head coach.

He didn't want to coach here. Not the first time someone has turned down an offer to be coach of the Jets. Give it a rest already.

hey what the heck Mav...I start getting tired of all the pre-season prognostication threads after a while and figured it could be a good topic to discuss...what strikes me most is how the Pats fans think we have always been worried about them-they were the doormats for a while too-just like us in the mid 90's...Miami and Buffalo were our main rivals until Mo Lewis' hit-NOT New England

Archived