Wes Welker? Seriously?

Thor99

Wes Welker has ONE... thats right... ONE Touchdown as a WR in 3 seasons... ONE!

That TD came last season in his best year of 687 yards.... He has 1,121 yards in his 3 year career... TOTAL

Dont compare him to those guys rago... he has done nothing and will do nothing...

You are a joke.

He has played two seasons. He was PS his first year. While Miami's QBs were a joke, he led the team in receptions that had Marty Booker, Chris Chambers and Randy McMichael entering the season.

He will not be a TD machine. He will be Troy Brown circa 2000-2002. He will catch alot of passes between the 20s and once in the redzone, Randy Moss, Benjamin Watson or someone else will score the TDs.

Welker is the best pick-up. He is not as physically gifted as Moss or the beast that Adalius is, but he best fits what the Patriots' need. A Troy Brown type receiver.

Wes Welker is the perfect reciever for the Patriots, he was their best pick up all offseason. He's going to be very good with Brady throwing to him.

I agree

I live in South Florida and watch a lot of Dolphins football. Welker at this point in their lives is a more valuable receiver then Moss.

Hate to say it but the kid is good.

You are a joke.

He has played two seasons. He was PS his first year. While Miami's QBs were a joke, he led the team in receptions that had Marty Booker, Chris Chambers and Randy McMichael entering the season.

He will not be a TD machine. He will be Troy Brown circa 2000-2002. He will catch alot of passes between the 20s and once in the redzone, Randy Moss, Benjamin Watson or someone else will score the TDs.

Welker is the best pick-up. He is not as physically gifted as Moss or the beast that Adalius is, but he best fits what the Patriots' need. A Troy Brown type receiver.

People are talking about him in here like he will be great... and the Patriots gave up 2 picks for him...

and... FWIW... dont call me a joke and then post lies about you beloved WR...

He was not a PS player his rookie year... he had alomst 2,000 return yards in 14 games...

Dont talk **** until you know your ****... try again

Wes Welker has scored ONE touchdown in the NFL

Wes Welker has never come up big in a big game

Wes Welker is a ****ing punt return man... nothing more

How can you watch a guy with 1 TD and 1100 yards in 3 years and call him a good WR?

Far from true

Welker isn't anywhere near the level of a TO, Chad Johnson or Marvin Harrison, but he would be welcomed on almost every team in this league because he is a good wr who will do whatever it takes to make the catch. He was never really used as a WR until last year, and he became a fan favorite for his hardnosed play and disregard for his own body. Putting him on a team with the talent that the Patsies have will only make him better. He isn't going to score 10 TD's, he's just going to make plays when it matters. To label him a return man and nothing more is seriously short sighted.

• Upvote 1

Far from true

Welker isn't anywhere near the level of a TO, Chad Johnson or Marvin Harrison, but he would be welcomed on almost every team in this league because he is a good wr who will do whatever it takes to make the catch. He was never really used as a WR until last year, and he became a fan favorite for his hardnosed play and disregard for his own body. Putting him on a team with the talent that the Patsies have will only make him better. He isn't going to score 10 TD's, he's just going to make plays when it matters. To label him a return man and nothing more is seriously short sighted.

He is to the Pats, what Tim Dwight was to the Pats... flashes here and there... but it boils down to him being a return man...

and the fact that he puts his body on the line will only land him on the injury list anyways...

He is to the Pats, what Tim Dwight was to the Pats... flashes here and there... but it boils down to him being a return man...

and the fact that he puts his body on the line will only land him on the injury list anyways...

Actually I'm not all that impressed with Welker as a return man. I don't see him being much of an improvement for the Pats in that area.

But when it's 3rd down and Brady is looking for a reliable receiver who he has confidence in, it will be Welker or Watson. Again, Wes isn't a #1 WR and he might not even be a #2, but he's the best damn #3 WR in the game IMO and he will make his contributions felt when it matters. He was one of the only bright spots for Miami because the OL was horrible and the offense didn't have time to develop, so he was the recipient of alot of dump offs from a pressured QB. Now in NE, he will be playing with a QB that has a great OL and the time to find him.

I expect Wes to have as good a year as he did last year with Brady throwing the ball.

Actually I'm not all that impressed with Welker as a return man. I don't see him being much of an improvement for the Pats in that area.

But when it's 3rd down and Brady is looking for a reliable receiver who he has confidence in, it will be Welker or Watson. Again, Wes isn't a #1 WR and he might not even be a #2, but he's the best damn #3 WR in the game IMO and he will make his contributions felt when it matters. He was one of the only bright spots for Miami because the OL was horrible and the offense didn't have time to develop, so he was the recipient of alot of dump offs from a pressured QB. Now in NE, he will be playing with a QB that has a great OL and the time to find him.

I expect Wes to have as good a year as he did last year with Brady throwing the ball.

Jmac will have a better year than him

I'm thinking of picking him up on my fantasy team. Might have to drop Cotch, Moulds or Clayton for him though. He probably has a better shot of doing well that Moulds...right now I'm starting Clayton as my third. I expect Cotch to crack the starting lineup at some point though. Wayne was a monster for me, and I don't like having Hines Ward as my #2, so I expect at some point it'll be Wayne, Cotch and maybe Welker.

How so? McCariens had 23 receptions last year and 43 in 2005. The most he has ever had was 56 in 2004.

Welker went from 29 receptions in 2005 to 67 in 2006.

Welkers numbers have improved over the last 2 seasons while McCariens have declined.

Since you are the same guy who has stated that Chad will throw for more yards than Brees & Brady this year I'm not surprised!

How so? McCariens had 23 receptions last year and 43 in 2005. The most he has ever had was 56 in 2004.

Welker went from 29 receptions in 2005 to 67 in 2006.

Welkers numbers have improved over the last 2 seasons while McCariens have declined.

Since you are the same guy who has stated that Chad will throw for more yards than Brees & Brady this year I'm not surprised!

To be fair, having a better season than Justin McCareins is nothing to brag about.

• Upvote 1

Sorry, ecurb, I ususally agree with you because you're a Pennington guy, but I lived in South Florida for some timr now and with brady throwing the football to him, he will be NE's Wayne Chrebet, he will play the slot all year and they'll realize the guy is special.

I'm PISSED we didn't go after him!!! Not only is he straight up better that McCareins, but he is much better for CHAD than McCareins. He is a made for Chad receiver, over the middle, he'll grab those floaters right out of the sky. Give McCareins to Mr. Rocket Arm, throw 200 yards in the air Brady. I'll take that 3rd and 6 guy that's gonna get open and Chad(2nd best ever at doing so) is going to get it to him.

First down. That's my brand of Football.

DAMNN ITT!!!!!!!I wanted Welker! We coulda dangled McCareins and Barrett and gotten a bad a$$ LG, a LG worthy to line up between Brick and Goldie. Bender? Bend----lmao--der? what?

Dream land:

Welker,Coles ,Cotch, Jones, Barnes the "Punsher",Neon Leon, #2 ALL TIME, watching his last name: The Brick, Any LG picked up for Justin McCareins and David Barrett would've been a top half starter in the league.

I like that.

Back to Reality

Coles and Cotch, #2 All-Time, Brick and Gold with a with a 300lb snowman between them. This guy, barnes, better be The Jugernaut or screen right to neon with brick pulling all day,which isn't his game anyway.

wow.

i see a problem. I hope it's a mirage. I swear to all of you I do. I swear I hope Bender comes out and puts these guys d&*ks in he dirt, but I'm having visions, bad visions.

The Welker vision were great, these reality ones are real bad.

People are talking about him in here like he will be great... and the Patriots gave up 2 picks for him...

and... FWIW... dont call me a joke and then post lies about you beloved WR...

He was not a PS player his rookie year... he had alomst 2,000 return yards in 14 games...

Dont talk **** until you know your ****... try again

Mea Culpa.

However, he still remains a guy that as an UDF was not looked at as a rookie, came out of nowhere as a second year player with 29 catches and then he became the leading catcher with three more established players ahead of him.

BTW the 2nd was worth it (compared to Bethel and Chad Jackson two other 2nd rounders) and the 7th is a joke.

Mea Culpa.

However, he still remains a guy that as an UDF was not looked at as a rookie, came out of nowhere as a second year player with 29 catches and then he became the leading catcher with three more established players ahead of him.

BTW the 2nd was worth it (compared to Bethel and Chad Jackson two other 2nd rounders) and the 7th is a joke.

Chansi Stuckey was drafted in the 7th... no 2nd round pick required

I would rather have Stuckey for a 7th than Wlker for a 2nd and a 7th

:rolleyes:

One, Welker, will be on the field contributing.

Yours, is on the sideline and will sniff the field when? Special Teams? No. All those five wide sets after Cotchery, Coles, Leon, Baker, JMAC?

Good luck with that 7th. :yawn: