No Respect

nj meadowlands

I fail to see how, after coming within a kick of the AFC Championship last year, and having a decent offseason, the Jets are still receiving no respsect around the NFL. I just looked at a poll on ESPN.com about who would win the AFC East, and the Jets finished dead last.

So I wonder where this lack of respect for our team comes from. If Chad is recovered, it is my unbiased belief as a fan of football and a knowledgeable follower of this league, that the Jets are a legitimage Super Bowl contender. So why can't we be mentioned in this way?

What is everyone's opinion? Pats fans especially, are the Jets ready/deserving to be respected?

the way i see it, respect is overrated - this team plays its best football when they are under radar and disrespected - when they get good they tend to read their own clippings and drop easy games. More disrespect the better.

nuthin' new Jethead the only year in recent memory where we DID get the proper respect due was in 98-the year after our championship game with Denver and we all know what happened then.Anyone with half a brain HAS to see the upgrades and Tinstar did a good job of naming them on the Greenhouse-I'll find and paste.

Here's a quick synopsis of Tinstar's take;

"it`s a better team.

Better Offensive strategy.

Better Options at WR

Better option at TE

Stronger DLine/Abe

Vilma assuming the leadership role

speed and playing making ability at Safety

More options at CB/Mickins/Strait/Miller"

I fail to see how, after coming within a kick of the AFC Championship last year, and having a decent offseason, the Jets are still receiving no respsect around the NFL. I just looked at a poll on ESPN.com about who would win the AFC East, and the Jets finished dead last.

So I wonder where this lack of respect for our team comes from. If Chad is recovered, it is my unbiased belief as a fan of football and a knowledgeable follower of this league, that the Jets are a legitimage Super Bowl contender. So why can't we be mentioned in this way?

What is everyone's opinion? Pats fans especially, are the Jets ready/deserving to be respected?

These polls are a bunch of poppycock.

Just my opinion, but I think the majority of Jet fans underestimate all the questions surrounding PennyBoy's surgery.

Other fans (and media personnel) can see a starting QB who had major surgery (rather late on) to his throwing shoulder.

Couple that with the importance of learning and executing a totally new offense and the need to be 100% by the start of training camp (NOT the start of the season), and there are large question marks regarding the Jets.

Jet fans on the other hand (not all, but certainly most), view PennyBoy's situation as "minor" surgery and claim he will have no problem learning the new offense and he will revert back to his 2002 performance level.

That's what you call the "best case scenario" for the Jets.

How many "best case scenario" play themselves out at 100%??????

See what I mean. :wink:

Hmmm... Lets see which Team (I'f I was a writer)

I would respect more..A Team that won 3 out of

4 super Bowls or a Team that fell short each year

in the Playoffs?? :roll: Respect is earned! Lets

Win a Championship and the respect will follow! :wink:

Get used to this headline during training camp:

"Pennington Suffers Another Setback"

And these phrases to appear throughout the season:

"...It's nothing. Just a little soreness..."

"...swelling..."

"...labrums are tricky..."

"...he'll be back throwing by..."

"...he just fell awkwardly..."