Movie review- High Tension

Mean Papi Green

What do you get when you combine:

A) a French Director with a passion for 80's American horror flicks

B) Female masterbation

C) Child Murders

D) a lesbian kiss

E) Grotesque murder sequences with no redeaming values????

This is the combination that French Director Alexandre Aja used to stir up his crazy concontion called High Tension. Originally filmed and shown in France, Aja rereleased this subtitled version in the US in May 2005. For those of you that dont care for panzyish foreign subtitled films, trust me you wont even realize this film is in French. Strictly a phsycological nerve racker with little in terms of dialogue and low on the cheese factor, you wont miss the dialoque by any means. The film is set on a farm that receives a surprise midnight visitor and the residents plight for survival.This film takes you to the extreme in terms of pure unadulterated horror and gore. For those like me that grew up watching films like the Fog, Jason, Freddy, Basketcase and the like will reminesce of the old days when heads were decapitated just for the sake of it, or in the case of High Tension you'll be amused at the sight of seeing a throat getting cut down to the spine!!! Imagine all this with the classic twist ending that of course will leave more plot holes than if they had left it out....ahhhhh but how can you have a classic gore slasher flick without plot holes??? I definately reccomend this flick for those with a penchant for blood and gore, but you definately don't wanna drag the wife and kids along.....

Papi's rating...two and a half helmets

"I haven't see a scary movie in a long time"

I could have answered:

You sure have, whenever you think of your pathetic life.

or

That dream I had about maxman, kevin mawae & bob in a bathroom stall

If I was tx

I could have said

"Just think about doug brien"

I could have answered:

or

If I was tx

I could have said

:lol::lol:=D> Those are good!

BANNED!!!!!

I could have answered:

or

If I was tx

I could have said

But then we just would have all laughed at how incredibly weak the jokes were. =D>

But then we just would have all laughed at how incredicly weak the jokes were. =D>

I dunno, I think the maxman, mawae and bob in the bathroom stall joke has alot of potential......but I guess that depends on how shane feels about them....

Archived