Hey Jets, THROW IT DOWN THE FIELD - From todays Star Ledger

They are not as fast as Santana Moss.. .sorry..

I was disputing someone's claim that you have to bet all to be a downfield threat, that's demonstrably false.

As for speed, okay, fine, why wasn't Santana Moss a downfield threat when we had him? The common denominator is the QB. Chad does not have the arm to lead a vertical passing attack, he is simply not physically capable of it. When a QB isn't mentally capable he is ridden out of town, but for some reason being physically incapable is okay. I don't get it, I'd figure that's even more of a reason because you can't coach physical skills.

Why do we always have these physically inferior "athletes" on our team. DRob, Vilma, D'Brick, even Coles to be honest is small. We had Kendall who was small too. Wtf is it, it's obviously too much to be coincidental. Is it like some sort of front office mission or philosophy to try and build the smallest and weakest team possible? I bet that's why we didn't even try for Randy Moss, he is much too tall, he'd make all the midgets on our team cry.

And before anyone starts, yes, KC is a midget too. Stupid draft choice and I am sick of it. I want to overpower people instead of this stupid "lets trick 'em!" bs that only works once.

Coles is a burner. And Cotchery is going to surprise you when Chad eventually get benched.

Suprise us how? He's been outstanding this year. He's our MVP through the first 4 games. The only way he would suprise us if he was fast. And though he's a good WR he doesn't have blazing speed to say the least.

Thats what I was hoping people would see from this thread. LC does not seem happy with the way the offense is running and Mr. Pennington right now. You can see it start to form up again already that there are teammates on offense who want the switch to be made.

I know he likes those perfectly thrown TD receptions though.

This QB thing is a strawman fellas. We got ourselves a defense problem. Yeah Our "O" has issues. The line blows for one, but theyhave a good game now and again.

Take ANY team in the league and start their backup against us, you have an automatic QB controversy in that town.

Take ANY player whose struggling this year, usually, like, a high draft pick RB not panning out and he will have his breakout game against us.

If your a star in this league, whoever has you on their fantasy team when they play us is in for a treat. A star RB is good for a buck and a half. Brady, Manning, same s---.

Any QB that's good enough to be in pads and on the sidelines in the NFL can look good with no pass rush.That's howthey got there.

When you play a ROOKIE QB and a ROOKIE RB YOU BLITZ and then YOU BLITZ MORE. and then you bring safeties and corners and you rattle them. You don't rush three punks

that get pushed out of the camera pan by the time he dropped his fourth step back.

We used to play the same Defense Mangenius uses in our neighborhood in the Bronx, it's called 10 "mississippi", rush!

Suprise us how? He's been outstanding this year. He's our MVP through the first 4 games. The only way he would suprise us if he was fast. And though he's a good WR he doesn't have blazing speed to say the least.

He doesn't have blazing speed but he can still get downfield and outfight DBs for the ball. He is more a possession guy but I think he can be used downfield.

I know he likes those perfectly thrown TD receptions though.

This QB thing is a strawman fellas. We got ourselves a defense problem. Yeah Our "O" has issues. The line blows for one, but theyhave a good game now and again.

Take ANY team in the league and start their backup against us, you have an automatic QB controversy in that town.

Take ANY player whose struggling this year, usually, like, a high draft pick RB not panning out and he will have his breakout game against us.

If your a star in this league, whoever has you on their fantasy team when they play us is in for a treat. A star RB is good for a buck and a half. Brady, Manning, same s---.

Any QB that's good enough to be in pads and on the sidelines in the NFL can look good with no pass rush.That's howthey got there.

When you play a ROOKIE QB and a ROOKIE RB YOU BLITZ and then YOU BLITZ MORE. and then you bring safeties and corners and you rattle them. You don't rush three punks

that get pushed out of the camera pan by the time he dropped his fourth step back.

We used to play the same Defense Mangenius uses in our neighborhood in the Bronx, it's called 10 "mississippi", rush!

Our O managed only 2 TDs and turned the ball over twice against the worst D in the league, you don't think that is a concern? Our O sucks.

The offense is bad. Chad cannot get the ball down the field. NFL defenses can stop the run, not give up any big plays. That dink and dunk crap aint gonna work, especially in the red zone. Not to mention on 3rd and long, if opposing defenses are playing nickel, Jet cant fit it into tight spaces down the field. He needs to dump it off and hope guys make tackles.

On defense...we have 4-3 players playing a 3-4. Its ridiculous. Vilma is an All Pro in 4-3. D-Rob is better (solid) in 4-3. You add a speed rusher and its on.

Quote:

If the Bills committed all those players to stop the run, why couldn't the Jets beat them with the pass? Pennington hit a career-high 32 of 39 passes -- including 15 straight at one point -- for 290 yards, one touchdown and two interceptions, but nearly all of his completions were of the dink-and-dunk variety and didn't really hurt Buffalo.

Therein lies the problem with the Jets offense, which ranks 28th in the NFL (283.3 yards per game). Opponents are able to commit to stopping the run and Pennington isn't making them pay by stretching the field with deep balls despite having a pair of game-breaking receivers in Laveranues Coles and Jerricho Cotchery.

"I'm going deep, it's just when I'm going deep, I'm clearing out (for short underneath passes),'' said Coles.

Against the Bills, Cotchery caught eight passes for 106 yards, including two 28-yard receptions on which he did a lot of the work on his own with yards after the catch. He had receptions for 50 and 44 yards against the Ravens but the strong-armed Kellen Clemens was the quarterback. This season, Cotchery has 26 receptions for 382 yards (14.7-yard average) and no touchdowns.

Coles had eight catches for 65 yards and a touchdown against the Bills. He has 24 receptions for 211 yards (a paltry 8.8-yard average) and four touchdowns this season. His longest catch was for 24 yards and that came against the Ravens with Clemens again at quarterback.

I have been saying this for yrs.

Do you think the fact that we averaged <10 yards per completion against the Bills, with at least half of that being YAC, might have something to do with the problem? I thought the term "four yards and a cloud of dust" applied to running the ball. ;-)

Yeah. Chads Yards per completion avg is sinking fast.

Year.....Yards per completion

Our O managed only 2 TDs and turned the ball over twice against the worst D in the league, you don't think that is a concern? Our O sucks.

you never read the ENTIRE post do you? I said we have issues, good agames and bad. How many did we put up last week?

The Defense is stuck on "suckk" mode, forever.

The offense is bad. Chad cannot get the ball down the field. NFL defenses can stop the run, not give up any big plays. That dink and dunk crap aint gonna work, especially in the red zone. Not to mention on 3rd and long, if opposing defenses are playing nickel, Jet cant fit it into tight spaces down the field. He needs to dump it off and hope guys make tackles.

On defense...we have 4-3 players playing a 3-4. Its ridiculous. Vilma is an All Pro in 4-3. D-Rob is better (solid) in 4-3. You add a speed rusher and its on.

we drafted one in the 1st round like all of our 4-3 players, his name is Bryan Thomas DE for UAB, crappy pick, but he was comingon a bit, he was just behind Abraham or slapping his wife around. LT he's not.

They are not as fast as Santana Moss.. .sorry..

I think you are wrong. Coles is supposedly super fast. Coming out of Florida St. he supposedly ran a 4.27. I think he blew a 4.35 at the combine which is slower than Moss' 4.31, but not significantly, when you consider the questionable timers and the fact that some had Coles as fast as 4.19. Coles is no slower than Moss in pure speed, he just doesn't have the wiggle.

I didn't know! And i realase the Jets when was playing in 4-3 isn't good. In 3-4 its better, but the all D-players need to accept that. We can work with this formations on D#, if the Mangini is smart, he can use most plays the Vilma and D-Rob does their best!!!

I'm sorry if i saying some bull****s!!! But its way i analyse the thing the Jets D#, because too give me a break, i can watch the Jets games.

Cya!

I think you are wrong. Coles is supposedly super fast. Coming out of Florida St. he supposedly ran a 4.27. I think he blew a 4.35 at the combine which is slower than Moss' 4.31, but not significantly, when you consider the questionable timers and the fact that some had Coles as fast as 4.19. Coles is no slower than Moss in pure speed, he just doesn't have the wiggle.

In the roster of receivers, Coles is the best. If have Coles and S. Moss, we were the best offense entire NFL teams. But is a dream hun.

Well, good luck to all of us, in the rest off season.

In the roster of receivers, Coles is the best. If have Coles and S. Moss, we were the best offense entire NFL teams. But is a dream hun.

Well, good luck to all of us, in the rest off season.

Well, we had them both but ****ed it up. Not having both was a nightmare. What a waste. They'd have matched up well with Cotchery and we have really missed Moss on punt returns IMO.

Archived