Prisco Rates the Running Backs

PatsFanTX

This guy is a complete idiot and a tool. He doesn't know anything about football.

How did I do? :wink:

-----------------------------------------------------------

1. LaDainian Tomlinson, Chargers He doesn't get the attention he deserves. He's a true superstar. Best all-round back in the game.

2. Clinton Portis, Redskins A speed runner who seemed to struggle some in his first year with the Redskins. Portis will have a big year if the line plays better this season.

3. Jamal Lewis, Ravens How much will the prison sentence affect him? That's the big question with Lewis. If he's mentally right, he's a 1,500-yard rusher.

4. Priest Holmes, Chiefs Injuries have started to slow him some, but he's still a big-time runner. Can he stay healthy?

5. Ahman Green, Packers The only knock on him is that he fumbles. He's a strong inside runner who can also excel in the passing game. Green doesn't get the due he deserves.

6. Deuce McAllister, Saints Slowed by an ankle injury last season, McAllister should bounce back in a big way. He has that home-run speed that scares defenses, yet he's strong enough to run inside.

7. Fred Taylor, Jaguars There is an injury concern with him heading into the season, but the team insists he will be there when the first game rolls around. When healthy, he's an explosive runner.

8. Edgerrin James, Colts The contract issue is a cloud hanging over him. Since he signed the one-year franchise tender, he will be playing for a big deal. The question is whether his skills have started to erode.

9. Curtis Martin, Jets He led the league in rushing last season, which is an amazing feat for a man his age. But eventually he will start to slow down and that could be this season.

10. Tiki Barber, Giants Barber had his best season in 2004 and should be even better with an improved Giants offense. He's a multi-dimensional player who can kill a team with his receiving skills.

Throwing out a couple of guys off the top of my head not on this list Alexander of Seattle and I am surprised no comments Dillon from our Pat fans.

Do I think Dillon should be on the list? Yes.

I can see why some were picked over him. I do not agree with it, but I can see why.

IMHO the biggest crime is Tiki. It took him 6 years to be a consistent 1000 yard back. Dillon minus one injury season has been a 1000 yard back and for a horrible team for most of those seasons.

Even and I agree with you, Alexander was at 10 or higher and Dillonn was off the list, I could see it, but not agree with it.

Have you not learned all Patriots fans are objective? :roll: :wink:

BTW Prisco is on the Giants and Jets payroll.

Throwing out a couple of guys off the top of my head not on this list Alexander of Seattle and I am surprised no comments Dillon from our Pat fans.

It's just that we don't feel the need to take it as a personal insult every time some writer doesn't put one of our guys on a best of list.

I'm surprised that no one quibbles with Portis at number 2. Can you imagine if you drafted Portis in your fantasy league this year that high? I also think a case can be made for Shaun Alexander.

While I think Portis is too high, I think he deserves a place on the list as does Alexander.

I think LT is clearly the best RB in the league bar none. Then there is a group of 10-12 backs that can be penciled into that original list to include Dillon, Alexander, Rudi Johnson and potential stars like Julius and Kevin Jones.

There are alot of real good backs.

1. LaDainian Tomlinson, Chargers He doesn't get the attention he deserves. He's a true superstar. Best all-round back in the game.

2. Clinton Portis, Redskins A speed runner who seemed to struggle some in his first year with the Redskins. Portis will have a big year if the line plays better this season.

3. Jamal Lewis, Ravens How much will the prison sentence affect him? That's the big question with Lewis. If he's mentally right, he's a 1,500-yard rusher.

4. Priest Holmes, Chiefs Injuries have started to slow him some, but he's still a big-time runner. Can he stay healthy?

5. Ahman Green, Packers The only knock on him is that he fumbles. He's a strong inside runner who can also excel in the passing game. Green doesn't get the due he deserves.

6. Deuce McAllister, Saints Slowed by an ankle injury last season, McAllister should bounce back in a big way. He has that home-run speed that scares defenses, yet he's strong enough to run inside.

7. Fred Taylor, Jaguars There is an injury concern with him heading into the season, but the team insists he will be there when the first game rolls around. When healthy, he's an explosive runner.

8. Edgerrin James, Colts The contract issue is a cloud hanging over him. Since he signed the one-year franchise tender, he will be playing for a big deal. The question is whether his skills have started to erode.

9. Curtis Martin, Jets He led the league in rushing last season, which is an amazing feat for a man his age. But eventually he will start to slow down and that could be this season.

10. Tiki Barber, Giants Barber had his best season in 2004 and should be even better with an improved Giants offense. He's a multi-dimensional player who can kill a team with his receiving skills.

How is LaMont Jordan not in the top 10?? He's better than Martin!! :shock:

{insert sarcastic comment by Savage}

Archived