Jay Cross ~ NY Post

Maxman

DEFEAT has left a bitter taste in the mouth of New York Jets prexy Jay Cross, who gave a blistering post mortem on the demise of the West Side Stadium yesterday at '21.' Before a group that included Jets owner Woody Johnson, Howard Rubenstein, Bill Rudin, Cristyne Nicholas and Democratic bigwig Robert Zimmerman, Cross placed most of the blame on Cablevision's James Dolan, who spent tens of million of dollars in its campaign to preserve Madison Square Garden's arena monopoly. But Cross also pointed his finger at the New York Times, "which did 30 editorials against us . . . and only 11 editorials concerning education" during the past four years. He attributed the Times' anti-stadium stance to "snobbery . . .

They were horrified at the thought that someone might have - God forbid - a tailgate barbecue on the streets of their precious Manhattan." Former Gov. Mario Cuomo said, "This is a democracy. Not a dictatorship. And the people have spoken. But this is not over yet. Things still might happen on this." Asked, "What's next for you?" Cross said: "I'm leaving on a plane tonight for the rest of the month."

You know who Woodman should hire to front his next West Side push? Donald Trump. The Donald would have had that Stadium built already.

See that would work except Donald Trump has much more money than Robert Wood Johnson. To the best of my knowledge people with more money don't do stupid seemingly cheap projects for people with less money than they have.

See that would work except Donald Trump has much more money than Robert Wood Johnson. To the best of my knowledge people with more money don't do stupid seemingly cheap projects for people with less money than they have.

2 words:

Trump Stadium

He attributed the Times' anti-stadium stance to "snobbery . . .

They were horrified at the thought that someone might have - God forbid - a tailgate barbecue on the streets of their precious Manhattan."

I totally agree with that. It was the liberal pseudo-intellectual/ museum-theater goers who were lined up protesting the WSS.

Archived