Mangini=Herm

4HCrew

Try to find something positive is hard right now IrishJet.

The jello shot were goood. Thanks, Cant Hackett, and it was great seeing everyone. even though the Jets lost today. BTW, its time to see what the young guy has. At 1-4 there's not much to lose at this point.

:cheers:

It's just more cruel irony.

Herm took over a solid 3-4 team and trashed it. Mangini took over a 4-3 train wreck and insisted on turning it back into a 3-4, rather than salvaging it.

7 years later and Jets fans are still taking it up the stove pipe.

And Woody couldn't give two sh*ts otherwise.

It's just more cruel irony.

Herm took over a solid 3-4 team and trashed it. Mangini took over a 4-3 train wreck and insisted on turning it back into a 3-4, rather than salvaging it.

7 years later and Jets fans are still taking it up the stove pipe.

And Woody couldn't give two sh*ts otherwise.

POTW.

Mangini's smoke and mirrors were only ok for a season. Except for special teams, exactly which area has he improved for us?

POTW.

Mangini's smoke and mirrors were only ok for a season. Except for special teams, exactly which area has he improved for us?

Mangini took the job, and he knew who the players were. Due to contracts, you couldn't just dump Vilma, Robertson, and all the other players that were specifically geared towards a 4-3 (albeit a horribly mismanaged 4-3) that good ol' Herm and terrible Terry Bradway signed to crazy contracts.

When somebody hands you a bag of lemons, you make lemonade. Mangini is trying to make an egg salad.

Mangini took the job, and he knew who the players were. Due to contracts, you couldn't just dump Vilma, Robertson, and all the other players that were specifically geared towards a 4-3 (albeit a horribly mismanaged 4-3) that good ol' Herm and terrible Terry Bradway signed to crazy contracts.

When somebody hands you a bag of lemons, you make lemonade. Mangini is trying to make an egg salad.

Agreed.

the play calling and the attitude is the same and so are the results...genius my a$$

what a coincidence, they both had to gear the play calling towards their QB. you can only do so much with a rag-arm QB like that

they could have easily traded vilma to a 4-3 team for a first rd pick. at this point they should feel lucky to get a 2nd. i actually think vilma has more value as a rodney harrison type safety than a 3-4 lb.

What is the one constant between Mangini and Herm? Chad Pennington.

He is the problem. Not Mangini's defense that scored 10pts today and was 6th in scoring defense last year.

Did you watch the second half, Barty? The defense has played exactly one decent half this year. That was the first half today.

A defense that gives up nine yards per carry is a problem.

they could have easily traded vilma to a 4-3 team for a first rd pick. at this point they should feel lucky to get a 2nd. i actually think vilma has more value as a rodney harrison type safety than a 3-4 lb.

I doubt that. I think they DID try to move Vilma & there were no takers. Not for first-round value.

And if those rumors from this past off-season are not true & we made zero attempt to trade him, then at least it's good to see people realizing what I said before this year started. When it was considered "insane" or "stupid" or take your pick of insulting retorts. All the people who were praying to the great Vilma deity you see what he is: garbage. Puny garbage with a fast combine time. A player who finally brings down a ball-carrier after the damage is done. If I was an opposing OC, I'd be doing the exact same thing our opponents our doing now: running straight at Vilma as often as possible. Make SURE he leads the Jets in tackles b/c not one of them will be for a loss of yardage & quite a few will be big gains.

Jets fans who have been worshiping demigods like Vilma & Pennington are now seeing that only the most perfect scenario with superstar lineups all around both of them would make the presence of either even appear like an asset.

Vilma = the Anthony Schlegel of OSU's LB corps. Others around him made him look better than he was.

Oh - but he's the QB of the defense, right? I guess that's applicable on this team: he is absolutely the Pennington of the defense.

I'm afraid Tyson is dead on about this.

BTW - unless Clemens is going to play defense, putting him in a game isn't going to change a thing.

Its reallynot about Clemens coming in and the team making some playoff run. This team is absolutely atrocious. We just need get him ready for next year.

Did you watch the second half, Barty? The defense has played exactly one decent half this year. That was the first half today.

A defense that gives up nine yards per carry is a problem.

Bob, no doubt the defense has its problems. Certainly not a SB caliber defense. Its going to take a few years to get up to snuff but the offense is a whole different problem. They just suck and its amazing because we have 2 very very good receivers. And I am convinced Baker can be a legit top 15 TE in the NFL with a very good QB, he has that kind of ability.

Its reallynot about Clemens coming in and the team making some playoff run. This team is absolutely atrocious. We just need get him ready for next year.

Even as a Pennington fan, I don't disagree with this. This season is lost. Might as well get the kid some reps. If it were still about winning anything, Pennington would be the choice. Unfortunately, it's not.

This guy is far worse than Herm. It took at least 3-4 years for Herm to prove he was an absolute buffoon. It took Mangini about a year. This is essentially the same roster Herm managed 9-7 and 10-6 seasons with. Herm managed to make CP just look conservative, but not atrocious. Mangini is taking this team when it's healthy right into the tank. Herm had the balls to switch out an ineffective VT at 1-4 for a noodle arm QB he had no faith in. Mangini apparently doesn't, and is busy giving Chad verbal fellatio.

And say what you will about Herm, his defenses were never this terrible.

Archived