Bought 2 more preview Mags today

And they say:

Athlon Sports:

- Jets finish 2nd in AFC East, behind Patriots, get a Wild Card berth.

- AFC divison champs:

New England

Indianapolis

Baltimore

San Diego

- AFC Wild Cards:

JETS

Pittsburgh

- NFC divison champs:

Philadelphia

Atlanta

Minnesota

Seattle

- NFC Wild Cards:

Green Bay

Carolina

- AFC Championship: Baltimore over New England

- NFC Championship: Philadelphia over Atlanta

- Super Bowl: Baltimore over Philadelphia

Lindy's:

- Jets finish 3rd in AFC East behind New England and then Buffalo

- AFC Division Champs

New England

Pittsburgh

Indianapolis

San Diego

- AFC Wild Cards

No predictions

- NFC Divison Champs

Philadelphia

Detroit

Atlanta

St.Louis

- NFC Wild Cards

No predictions

Super Bowl / Playoffs - no prediction

Thanks Joe.

Buffalo will suck so much pud this year it will almost be sad. I kid you not. I just read yet another interview with Boy Genius JP Losman where he whines about people comparing him to Rob Johnson. No lie. Rob Johnson. Unreal.

Earlier, Losman has complained about being compared to three time Super Bowl Champion Tom Brady and also he has stated his goal is not to win rings, but to prove that the starting QB gig was not "handed to [him]." Almost laughable. The guy, I tell you, will flop.

Thanks Joe.

Buffalo will suck so much pud this year it will almost be sad. I kid you not. I just read yet another interview with Boy Genius JP Losman where he whines about people comparing him to Rob Johnson. No lie. Rob Johnson. Unreal.

Earlier, Losman has complained about being compared to three time Super Bowl Champion Tom Brady and also he has stated his goal is not to win rings, but to prove that the starting QB gig was not "handed to [him]." Almost laughable. The guy, I tell you, will flop.

i totally agree about losman. i just don't see all of the talent that all of these writer's do. i watched him play in college and he just couldn't make the easy throws.

the thing about buffalo is the defense and running game. if the d is top 5 they have a chance, especially those december games in buf.

The most interesting team in the NFL will be Baltimore. If Neuheisel and Fassel can get into Boller's head and make him into a serviceable QB, that team can be dominant. between Fassel, Neu and Brian Billick, there's not a better coaching brain-trust in the league on the offensive side of the ball, and the defense has enough talent to get beyond losing Mike Nolan. Still, I would not want to be the team that rests all its hopes on Boller at all. If Boller fails, they have Anthony Wright ho showed some real promise last season. If I'm Billick, I give Boller exactly twenty snaps on opening day to prove he's the QB. If he doesn't get you 10 points in 20 plays, staple him to the bench.

i totally agree about losman. i just don't see all of the talent that all of these writer's do. i watched him play in college and he just couldn't make the easy throws.

the thing about buffalo is the defense and running game. if the d is top 5 they have a chance, especially those december games in buf.

Bro, there are already rumors that his teammates think he's a hopeless dope.

The most interesting team in the NFL will be Baltimore. If Neuheisel and Fassel can get into Boller's head and make him into a serviceable QB, that team can be dominant. between Fassel, Neu and Brian Billick, there's not a better coaching brain-trust in the league on the offensive side of the ball, and the defense has enough talent to get beyond losing Mike Nolan. Still, I would not want to be the team that rests all its hopes on Boller at all. If Boller fails, they have Anthony Wright ho showed some real promise last season. If I'm Billick, I give Boller exactly twenty snaps on opening day to prove he's the QB. If he doesn't get you 10 points in 20 plays, staple him to the bench.

agreed about baltimore. i think another sleeper team is the panthers. they had so many injuries last year they couldn't get it together, and they still made a run at the end. the defense is scary and delhomme continues to be one of the most underrated QB's in the league. he is 3x the player harrington will ever be and you never hear him mentioned.

2 other teams:

san diego - are the 1 year wonders or for real, especially drew brees. LT takes so much pressure off him and they had a decent draft.

raiders - i think they are the most interesting in the league. i have no idea how they will be. my guess is the most inconsistent team in the league, 1 week they will put up 40 and the next get blown out.

Raiders have no defense. Denver, I just don't like, and I see those 2 battling it out for 3-4 in the AFC West.

Baltimore, I tell you man, even though I want our Jets to win it all, they're my pre-sesaon favorite, although of course I will predict the Jets.

i think another sleeper team is the panthers. they had so many injuries last year they couldn't get it together, and they still made a run at the end. the defense is scary and delhomme continues to be one of the most underrated QB's in the league. he is 3x the player harrington will ever be and you never hear him mentioned.

I agree about the Panthers as well.

There is no more under rated QB in the NFL than Jake Delhomme.

I agree about the Panthers as well.

There is no more under rated QB in the NFL than Jake Delhomme.

Agreed here.

I've said all along offseason and even at the end of last season, watch out for the Panthers again this season as long as they stay healthy.

Steve Smith

Stephen Davis

DeShaun Foster

Kris Jenkins

Those were 4 huge losses to that team last year and they are all back and healthy.

I love the Panthers, too. John Fox, I think, is on his way to becoming the best coach in the league, and that includes Belichick and Parcells. Of course, by the time Fox is ready to assume the mantle (3-5 years), both Beli and Parcells will most likely be out of the league. My question about the Panthers is if they'll get enough offense after losing Muhammed. Steve Smith will be coming back from injury, and you just can't count on DeShaun Foster to stay healthy.

Defensively, if that D-Line suffers alot of injuries again, the rest of the defense will get exposed like last year. Their corners suck, though Gamble might end up being good if he stays off the crack and learns to play hurt. Manning Jr. was exposed to extremes last season, and their safeties are slow. Still, Fox makes it work as long as Jenkins and Peppers stay healthy.

Tom...don't forget, the Panthers picked up Ken Lucas which pushes the 5'8 Manning to nickel, which is a position where he should likely succeed better at then at starting CB, sorta like Ray Mickens, but with more ball-hawking ability. If Jenkins / Peppers stay healthy, that line is great. Peppers can play OLB and DE, whatever, he's insane and in my mind, the best all-around DE in the game because of that. You see the Dolphins trying to use Jason Taylor like that, he's not gonna be successful at that, no freakin' way. That defense, if it stays healthy on the line, is one of the best. The offense, Steve Smith is back and that gives Delhomme his favorite target again and yes Foster is injury proned but so is Davis, but if they are both around, that running game is the best 1-2 punch in the league.

Top 3 NFL Coaches right now:

1) Hermy........I mean BB

2) John Fox

3) Andy Reid

I'd say this:

1) BB by a metric mile

2) Parcells- Just can't take him out of the top three yet.

3a) Reid

3b) Billick

3c) Fox

It would have been interesting to see these guys operate prior to the salary cap era, if they were allowed to keep great teams together. Parcells and Billick, for instance, have been undone the past few seasons because of sh*tty QB play. Belichick is constantly rebuilding that team on the fly, and Fox, oddly enough, is still in the process of building his team. Beli and Reid clearly have mastered the cap, but for the rest of the league it's the great equalizer. We'll probably never see another team like those Cowboys and 49ers and Steelers squads with 4-5-6-7 Hall of Famers on it because you just can't pay them. Instead, these coaches spend all of their time devising game plans not so much finding opponents weaknesses, but instead masking their own. Somewhere at key positions on every team you'll find a 6th or 7th round pick starting, or a street free agent starting where in years past it was a veteran that teams just can't afford anymore. Regrettably, it's taken great coaches and turned them into accountants.

Tom...don't forget, the Panthers picked up Ken Lucas which pushes the 5'8 Manning to nickel, which is a position where he should likely succeed better at then at starting CB, sorta like Ray Mickens, but with more ball-hawking ability. If Jenkins / Peppers stay healthy, that line is great. Peppers can play OLB and DE, whatever, he's insane and in my mind, the best all-around DE in the game because of that. You see the Dolphins trying to use Jason Taylor like that, he's not gonna be successful at that, no freakin' way. That defense, if it stays healthy on the line, is one of the best. The offense, Steve Smith is back and that gives Delhomme his favorite target again and yes Foster is injury proned but so is Davis, but if they are both around, that running game is the best 1-2 punch in the league.

Good points, Joe. Ken Lucas is a turducken, though. Total stopgap player.

I'd say this:

1) BB by a metric mile

3a) Reid

3b) Billick

3c) Fox

TS - billick is the best coach in football, just ask him.

seriously though, i just don't buy billick as a great HC. he was supposed to be this offensive genius and he has failed to put together a legit pro offense without randy moss and daunte culpepper.

the common theme for all your HC's (except parcells) is the strength of the FO. i think Philly and NE have changed the way all FO's look at the game. While they do it totally differently their cap mgmt and ability to select the right players have allowed them to get where they are.

I'd say this:

1) BB by a metric mile

3a) Reid

3b) Billick

3c) Fox

1 more thing - BB, while a great coach, is not the second coming. yeah i know 3 superbowls, but he had to get some great breaks to get those 3.

1. mo lewis puncturing drew bledsoe's lung. w/o that break who knows what happens.

2. tuck rule call - that could easily have gone the other way

3. vinatierri - this guy never misses big kicks. for all the hype around BB and his gameplans, the pats got torched by delhomme in the SB. contrary to what the media would have you beleive BB did not make the game winning kick, vinatierri did.

4. weiss/crennel - this will be a big year for BB to prove that he can win without them. i think weiss is more important than crennel so we'll see what happens w/o them.

I have a feeling that Losman won't be that good, but he does have raw talent, and let's face it, anyone can do what Bledsoe did last year. If Losman struggles, he still won't be much of a downgrade if any. If he plays well, it's a big upgrade.

There is no way in hell buff gets the #2 spot in the afc east..no way!

Losman is a dewbag who is so cocky he will get injured by game 4.

Carolina is probably my second favorite team. If the Jets were to break my heart and move to NJ or Cali...I think I would start rooting actively for carolina!

LL

LL

How come all the national publications are picking the Jets to finish 2nd or 3rd in the AFCE?

Only place that people pick the Jets to win the AFCE is right here on this message board. #-o

Go figure.

Losman is a dewbag who is so cocky he will get injured by game 4.

Carolina is probably my second favorite team. If the Jets were to break my heart and move to NJ or Cali...I think I would start rooting actively for carolina!

LL

Aren't the Jets already in New Jersey Carolina's newest fan?

How come all the national publications are picking the Jets to finish 2nd or 3rd in the AFCE?

Only place that people pick the Jets to win the AFCE is right here on this message board. #-o

Go figure.

I think we'll know by Week Three just how well Mr. Belichick is handling the play-calling AND if they were able to compensate for the loss of Romeo. Just you wait, buddy. :lol:

I think we'll know by Week Three just how well Mr. Belichick is handling the play-calling AND if they were able to compensate for the loss of Romeo. Just you wait, buddy. :lol:

Shouldn't we wait until after the season? In 2002 after three weeks, who would have thought the Patriots would not win the division and that the Jets would?

Pats-38

Raiders-13

Pats- 31

Panthers- 10

Pats- 24

Steelers- 6

Doesn't look like a problem to me. :wink:

Pats-38

Raiders-13

Pats- 31

Panthers- 10

Pats- 24

Steelers- 6

Panthers- Pats game is a game I will be very interested in- Panthers are my favorite to bounce back from last year injuries to be one of the top teams this year John Fox is an excellent coach- proven more to get them at 8 and 8 last year than the year before making the Super Bowl with all the injuries last year

Pats-38

Raiders-13

Pats- 31

Panthers- 10

Pats- 24

Steelers- 6

Unlike last year when it appeared Belichick took it easy on the team because of the screwy early schedule, I think this TC will be 100% harder with our opening schedule.

Archived