K-Rhodes25

Pretty bad, but really what's so wrong with recognizing your limitations?

Oh yeah, you probably shouldn't be making $64M if you're not even gonna try and be a superhero.

I heard him on the radio the other day saying that his job as a QB was "to move the chains." He could not be more wrong. As Parcells said: a QB in the NFL has one job-- to put points on the board. Moving chains is hardly the function of such a high-priced performer. Getting a few first downs and then losing a drive because one play goes wrong is not productive. "Not losing the game" is the job of a mediocre QB. The kind of money he gets requires a larger payback.

God forbid he be saying something he should, and him not get criticized. Ever think for a second that the reason "smart" Pennington has disappeared is because he's trying to go Brett Favre superhero at times, only to find out...he's not Brett Favre?

Chads a game manager, even his greatest fans agree with that, and game managers cant try to be super heros every play out there. This is what we need to hear, but some of you are too pissed off at him(and understandably so, but still) to see that.

God forbid he be saying something he should, and him not get criticized. Ever think for a second that the reason "smart" Pennington has disappeared is because he's trying to go Brett Favre superhero at times, only to find out...he's not Brett Favre?

Chads a game manager, even his greatest fans agree with that, and game managers cant try to be super heros every play out there. This is what we need to hear, but some of you are too pissed off at him(and understandably so, but still) to see that.

Again, no matter what he says or does, he'll always be the fall-guy to some people. If he had taken a sack instead of throwing one of the INT's, you can bet people would be on here saying "don't take the sack there, try to make something happen".

Again, no matter what he says or does, he'll always be the fall-guy to some people. If he had taken a sack instead of throwing one of the INT's, you can bet people would be on here saying "don't take the sack there, try to make something happen".

Are you a man? If you are please grow some balls.

Sounds like his spirit is broken... expect other players to follow...

Tough TC... nobody has job security... and they are losing big time...

Tangini did not bring in the proper talent to help the JETS compete... Chad wont be the only one to lose interest in risking his body on the field...

Following me around now? Typical troll.

If someone responds to a post they're trolls now? If so you just trolled back, and I just trolled you. Also I could accuse you of doing the same thing to me. That was just a stupid thing to say KS, Gainzo isn't really a troll, he's just a Pats fan. It's hard to tell the difference sometimes but there is a difference.

Chad is supposed to be a smart accurate quarterback who doesn't make many mistakes. If he loses (or has lost) that, then he should lose the starting job too, imo. Its up to the coaches to determine if/when he has lost it.

Chad is supposed to be a smart accurate quarterback who doesn't make many mistakes. If he loses (or has lost) that, then he should lose the starting job too, imo. Its up to the coaches to determine if/when he has lost it.

Yup, I have faith in the coaching staff. Who ever they decide is our starting QB gets my full support. I would think , IMO, that if things don't turn around fast (as in this week) a change at QB will come soon.

Of course you don't take the sack, YOU THROW IT OUT OF BOUNDS. There are three things that Chadwick could've done.

1. Throw it away - Good

2. Throw it into double / triple coverage - Bad (even if there's a freakin' catch by the offense thats still lucky for ol' Noodle Arm and that would only happen once out of every 1,000 times for him)

3. Take a sack - Bad

I hear about this Rhodes Scholar crap all the time. Really Chad? Where the F do you show it? I don't care if you know English 103, I want to know what the hell you do in a pressure situation on the football field. Thats all you are worth to me as a fan.

Sounds like his spirit is broken... expect other players to follow...

Tough TC... nobody has job security... and they are losing big time...

Tangini did not bring in the proper talent to help the JETS compete... Chad wont be the only one to lose interest in risking his body on the field...

Yeah, you mean the same exact offense from last season with Thomas Jones in the back field? All that is missing is Pete Kendall and in the last three games Chad has started the OLine has let up only 1 sack per game. Don't give us this crap.

When he first burst on the Jets scene- his intelligent decisions made up for his lack of arm strength and mobility- as we have seen the last two years more and more bad decisions on where he is throwing the ball.

More upsetting to me is what he said after that, which was he needed to "lt the game come to him". This has always been his attitude and quite frankly I hate it. Don't wait around for the game to gome to you, set the friggin tempo! You don't get ahead by sitting around waiting for things to happen for you.

More upsetting to me is what he said after that, which was he needed to "lt the game come to him". This has always been his attitude and quite frankly I hate it. Don't wait around for the game to gome to you, set the friggin tempo! You don't get ahead by sitting around waiting for things to happen for you.

That's the kind of qb he is. He simply does not have the arm to impose his will on teams. He does set the tempo, that's why they run the no-huddle. He still has to take what they give him. IF they can't succeed against the base D, then they can't jump the opponent and keep beating that package through the no huddle.

It's not good, but it's nothing new. They've won plenty of games with his weak arm. He's not a super hero and frankly I'm glad he knows that. Joe makes a point about him throwing the ball away. It's a good point. He tried against Buffalo and he couldn't reach. I am not satisfied with what he's been doing, but IMO he's not the main difference between this year and last.

He's just giving the standard struggling quarterback line. The truth is his interceptions have not been caused by him "trying to be a super-hero" they have been caused by his ****ty arm and tendency to choke under pressure. What is he going to say?

"Nobody respects my arm and I'm a choke artist. I'll try and work on that."

That's the kind of qb he is. He simply does not have the arm to impose his will on teams. He does set the tempo, that's why they run the no-huddle. He still has to take what they give him. IF they can't succeed against the base D, then they can't jump the opponent and keep beating that package through the no huddle.

It's not good, but it's nothing new. They've won plenty of games with his weak arm. He's not a super hero and frankly I'm glad he knows that. Joe makes a point about him throwing the ball away. It's a good point. He tried against Buffalo and he couldn't reach. I am not satisfied with what he's been doing, but IMO he's not the main difference between this year and last.

Exactly.

And as 124 mentioned he was almost a Rhode Scholar....Meaning he's a smart guy. Because he is so smart sometimes he almost thinks too much and gets nervous instead of just going out and playing football IMO.

Look back the past few years, the "not thinking too much" and "letting the game come to me" have been two very popular chadisms.

Yup, I have faith in the coaching staff. Who ever they decide is our starting QB gets my full support. I would think , IMO, that if things don't turn around fast (as in this week) a change at QB will come soon.

ur absolutely correct

if all the kellen lovers in here are right about benching pennington and the jets coaching staff is wrong then wtf do we need coaches for

they know whats right we dont

Archived