Predict the Jets '05 Record (Way in Advance)

TomShane

@KC

Miami

Jacksonville

@Baltimore

Tampa Bay

@Buffalo

@Atlanta

BYE

San Diego

@Carolina

@Denver

NO

@NE

Oakland

@Miami

NE

Buffalo

Starting off in KC, one of the loudest stadiums in the world, with Chad calling audibles after being limited in camp with his shoulder will be tough, but I can't see KC scoring alot against Donnie Defense:

W

Miami will be atrocious this year while Nick Saban cleans house:

W

It will be a slugfest against Jacksonville, but I see a 14-10 type game where Jacksonville gets it. Those two DT's will stuff Curtis all day long.

L

Herm's humiliation against Brian Billick last year will sting, but Herm won't have to worry about it this year. Baltimore, with an improved O, will destroy the Jets. Fassel and Neuheisel will get a QB somewhere and the defense will be better in Baltimore:

L

Tampa Bay will be a rejuvenated team, but I will never predict a team led by Brian Griese will ever win a game:

W

Buffalo will take six games before they realize that JP Losman has the mental make-up of a weak-willed cosmetologist. A total disgrace:

W

If Vick is healthy at this point in the season, the Falcons should win this going away. Vilma is quick, be he's not as quick as Vick.

L

San Diego will lose every time they play the Jets. SD is just not physical enough to match up. Schottenheimer goes back to being Schottenhemier.

W

Playing at Carolina, the Jets will get punched in the mouth. I think Carolina is the Super Bowl favorite the NFC if TO stays away from the Eagles:

L

At Denver, Woody has a candlelight dinner with Gary Kubiak as they discuss football, contract demands and the taste of a fine Cabernet. Jets lose:

L

I will never predict a Jim Haslett team to win a game. Jets beat New Orleans:

W

I will never pick a Herm Edwards team to beat a Bill Belichick team. Ever. Jets lose to the Pats:

L

Oakland finally comes to town and Donnie Abraham gets matched up on Moss. Lamont Jordan back-pedals his way to 96 yards and two scores. Mike Heimerdinger looks at Herm and says "Why is he on their team again?":

L

Playing at Miami, Nick Saban has benched half of his starters and begins the re-building process. Jets win:

W

New England:

L

Buffalo, having benched Losman, finds a way to squeak one out, because that's how the Jets-Bills rivalry goes:

L

Ouch. I predicted 7-9 there.

@KC

Miami

Jacksonville

@Baltimore

Tampa Bay

@Buffalo

@Atlanta

BYE

San Diego

@Carolina

@Denver

NO

@NE

Oakland

@Miami

NE

Buffalo

quote]

Yawn... I am getting tired of shane's bitchin

here we go for real

@KC - W

Miami - W

Jax - W

@ Bal - L

TB - W

@ Buf - W

@ Atlanda- L

BYE

San Diego- W

@ Carolina- L

@ Denver- L

New Orleans- W

@ New England- L

Oakland- W

@ Miami- W

New England - W

Buffalo- W

Win our last four, including a home game against NE, to finish up at 11-5. I think this COULD be good for a tie with New England for first place.

when you have your own site you can start rediculous threads like this to get post counts too... :lol::lol::lol:

:lol: Shhhhh. Max said if I get to 100,000 posts before he comes back from vacation he'll get me a hot JetNation T-Shirt. :lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol:

Vick - the most over-rated QB of all time. I am soooooo sick of Vick! 1) he's usually less healthy than Chad for crissakes. 2) He is lightening fast, can throw on the run but can't make a designed toss from the pocket to save his life 3) a good defensive game plan has him hemmed in the pocket most of the time which almost assures the opponnets victory.

Baltimore - Ugh! If a team can stop the run game, you stop the entire offense. I mean, Kyle Boller? Please.... :roll: Ray Lewis - old and living on guts and reputation. Bruschi was MUCH better than him last year.

There - I just gave the Jets two more wins, Tom.

Vick - the most over-rated QB of all time. I am soooooo sick of Vick! 1) he's usually less healthy thanh Chad for crissakes. 2) He lightening fast, can throw on the run but can't make a designed toss from the pocket to save his life 3) a good defensive game plan has the him hemmed in the pocket most of the time which almost assures the opponnets victory.

Baltimore - Ugh! If a team can stop their run game, you stop the entire offense. I mean, Kyle Boller? Please.... :roll: Ray Lewis - old and living on guts and reputation. Bruschi was MUCH better than him last year.

There - I just gave the Jets two more wins, Tom.

Jim Fassel and Rick Neuheisel are re-building Boller. Those two are geniuses. They could make Browning Nagle an All-Pro.

As for Vick, I agree, but the Atlanta D should be better, and Vick will have to score just enough to win.

Okay Tom,

We are certainly 3 games worse than we were last year. Certainly. :shock:

Bro, the schedule is that much harder. Also factor in that we're playing some teams with ferocious pass rushes--Tampa, Carolina, and Atlanta--and we'll be lucky if Chad stays in one piece. Hell, I did my prediction with CHad staying healthy for 16 games.

Bro, the schedule is that much harder. Also factor in that we're playing some teams with ferocious pass rushes--Tampa, Carolina, and Atlanta--and we'll be lucky if Chad stays in one piece. Hell, I did my prediction with CHad staying healthy for 16 games.

It's BETTER that we have a tougher schedule. We'll be ready when December rolls around and it's time to play the Pats. Your beloved Donnie defense will be a top 5 unit, and we will finally have an imaginative offense. Chad will stay "in one piece". His injuries so far in his career have been total flukes.

11-5 is my prediction, with a 9-7 basement and a 12-4 ceiling.

out of those 3 teams..carolina is the only one that scares me....screw vick and atlanta and screw tampa and hacket.

i didn't realize just how hard the schedule was going to be until you went through it game by game. you never what happens in a season - hell, if brady goes down the NE games may turn into w's.

while 8-8 is a real possibility there is not 1 game on the schedule that you look at and say the jets have no chance of winning. i truly believe they find a way to win 10 and make the playoffs. unfortunately 10 wins is usually a quick exit.

Jets on paper are playing a lot tougher schedule this year- playing on the road aganinst some tough teams and places to play- KC, Denver, Ravens, Carolina.

I will say 10 and 6 being the optimist that I am

@KC W First game of the season, the boys will be up for it. That and KC doesn't have an defense.

Miami W Miami still sucks. And it's the home opener.

Jacksonville W I'm not a believer in Jacksonville. This will be a tight defensive game, though.

@Baltimore L The first loss, and it comes on the road.

Tampa Bay W I just don't think Tampa is that good.

@Buffalo L First division loss.

@Atlanta W I'm not a believer in Atlanta or Mike Vick.

BYE

San Diego W Playing them twice last year, and beat them both times... and they do it again.

@Carolina L Carolina's a damn good team.

@Denver W It's Denver. I hate Denver.

NO W It's New Orleans.

@NE L Loss in Foxboro.

Oakland W In a shoot out, the Jets have last possession and win.

@Miami W Miami still sucks.

NE W Here's where Tx will jump all over me, cause I predicted the Jets to beat his Pats. Well, it's in the Meadowlands. I just think they're due.

Buffalo W It's at home, and they did lose to the Bills earlier in the season.

Snap! I have them going 12-4... sh*t... I'm out of any prediction contest. :lol: They'll probably end up losing to Atlanta, Denver, New Orleans, and Oakland... so they'll go anywhere from 8-8 to 12-4. Why those four games? Cause, they're the Jets.

@KC W First game of the season, the boys will be up for it. That and KC doesn't have an offense.

Miami W Miami still sucks. And it's the home opener.

Jacksonville W I'm not a believer in Jacksonville. This will be a tight defensive game, though.

@Baltimore L The first loss, and it comes on the road.

Tampa Bay W I just don't think Tampa is that good.

@Buffalo L First division loss.

@Atlanta W I'm not a believer in Atlanta or Mike Vick.

BYE

San Diego W Playing them twice last year, and beat them both times... and they do it again.

@Carolina L Carolina's a damn good team.

@Denver W It's Denver. I hate Denver.

NO W It's New Orleans.

@NE L Loss in Foxboro.

Oakland W In a shoot out, the Jets have last possession and win.

@Miami W Miami still sucks.

NE W Here's where Tx will jump all over me, cause I predicted the Jets to beat his Pats. Well, it's in the Meadowlands. I just think they're due.

Buffalo W It's at home, and they did lose to the Bills earlier in the season.

Snap! I have them going 12-4... Sh#t... I'm out of any prediction contest. :lol: They'll probably end up losing to Atlanta, Denver, New Orleans, and Oakland... so they'll go anywhere from 8-8 to 12-4. Why those four games? Cause, they're the Jets.

At first I had us a 12-4 but the Denver game was throw up in the air and I just chose Atlanta because we're the Jets and we need to **** up at some point. :shock:

At first I had us a 12-4 but the Denver game was throw up in the air and I just chose Atlanta because we're the Jets and we need to F#ck up at some point. :shock:

It goes against anything I believe in to predict Denver or Atlanta beating anyone. I even picked the Lions over the Falcons last year (I was right!)

:shock::shock::shock:

KC had the #1 ranked offense (418.4 yards) in the entire NFL last year.

How can you say KC doesn't have an offense?

I got offense and defense mixed up... I woulda swore I put defense. My bad.

I figured you woulda jumped over me for the beating the Pats in the Meadowlands instead.

I will most likely change some games and many opinions come early September when the Pre-Season is finished and the regular season is a week away.

Here goes nothing:

2005 NEW YORK JETS PREDICTIONS:

Week 1: @ Kansas City - 1pm, CBS --- W

The Jets enter this game with a HEALTHY and 100% ready to go Chad Pennington and with the Chiefs defensive unit still not gelled together, capped off by a late 52 yard game winner from rookie Mike Nugent, the Jets take this one:

JETS - 31

Chiefs - 28

Week 2: vs Miami - 4:15pm, CBS --- W

The home opener excites all the fans in the stadium as the return of Laveranues Coles brings new life to the crowd and Coles, now with only 1 good Miami CB left, puts up great numbers posting his first 100 yard recieving game of the season along with 2 touchdowns. Ricky Williams stands on the sideline smoking his imaginary blunt wishing he was back in Africa as Ronnie Brown struggles to gain 60 yards, but the DLine holds Martin / Blaylock in check to keep it within 10:

Dolphins - 7

JETS - 17

Week 3: vs Jacksonville - 1pm, CBS --- W

Marshall Bowl 2 is on between Pennington and Leftwich and much like Marshall Bowl 1, it's a defensive game. But late in the game, LB Jonathan Vilma picks off a Leftwich pass entended for workout hero Matt Jones to seal the deal:

Jaguars - 10

JETS - 13

Week 4: @ Baltimore - 4:05pm, CBS --- L

It's Donnie Henderson's return to Baltimore but it isn't a good one. The Jets struggle to do much at all against the league's best defense, but Justin Miller does return a KO for a Touchdown. The Jets defense does their share of keeping it close, but a late pass by Kyle Boller to Todd Heap beating LB Victor Hobson downfield for a 30 yard gain kills the Jets. Unfortunately, Matt Stover hits a game winning FG as time expires and the Jets fall:

JETS - 10

Ravens - 12

Week 5: vs Tampa Bay, 1pm, FOX --- W

Back at home the Jets feel like they need to get Herm a win against his former team and they do just that. The Bucs offensive attack led by rookie RB Carnell Williams is shut down and sophmore Michael Clayton can only manage 3 receptions for 47 yards against David Barrett. Jets win this one in a blowout thanks to a strong performance from Pennington, throwing 3 TD's with 200 yards in just the 1st half.

Bucs - 6

JETS - 27

Week 6: @ Buffalo, 4:15pm, CBS --- W

This is usually a tough game for the Jets but it's earlier than usual in Buffalo and JP Losman still doesn't know what he's doing, so the Bills give the ball to Willis McGahee who tears up the Jets defense but thanks to a late 45 yard hook-up between Pennington and Justin McCareins, the Jets' rookie Mike Nugent comes on for his 2nd GW FG of the year and hits it from 47 yards out, his 3rd FG of the day.

JETS - 16

Bills - 13

Week 7: @ Atlanta - 9pm, ABC --- L

The Jets use a heavy dose of Curtis Martin to keep Michael Vick off the field and when Vick does get on, MLB Jonathan Vilma holds him in check for the most part except for one 35 yard TD run, but unfortunately costs the Jets the game. Late in the game, Martin gets his 5th TD run of the season to push the Jets close but not close enough as the Falcons run out the clock:

JETS - 21

Falcons - 24

Week 8: BYE WEEK

Week 9: vs San Diego, 1pm, CBS --- W

The Jets have San Diego's number coming into the game and the harsh early winter effects the Chargers' game. LaDainian Tomlinson is held in check and Martin has his best game of the year to carry the Jets to a decent victory:

Chargers - 14

JETS - 20

Week 10: @ Carolina, 4:05pm, CBS --- L

In a preview of what many people at the time view as a possible Super Bowl, the Jets forget to bring their A game and the offense struggles to get their lone touchdown on an interception return capped in by a 4th and goal TD run by Derrick Blaylock. DeShaun Foster runs rampid over the Jets after Steve Smith takes advantage of Donnie Abraham.

JETS - 7

Panthers - 24

Week 11: @ Denver, 4:15pm, CBS --- L

Denver in late November is no easy cupcake and the Jets come into the game trying to get back onto the winning track but fail. The Jets offense keeps it more close than the defense, the unit still shakey from last week's poor performance but Chad Pennington's 3 TD's passes along with Curtis Martin's 130 yards arn't enough as the Jets fall just short:

JETS - 24

Denver - 28

Week 12: vs New Orleans, 8:30pm, ESPN --- W

After 2 straight and losing 3 of the last 4, all on the road, the Jets are back at home where they are perfect so far on the season. Jonathan Vilma, David Barrett and Shaun Ellis carry the defense but the special teams ruins a shutout with a KR touchdown by Michael Lewis, but none-the-less, the defenses regained their confidences as they shut down Duce McAlister and Joe Horn. Martin and Blaylock both run for 100 yards, similar to the Martin-Jordan combo vs Miami in 2004 and the Jets roll:

Saints - 7

JETS - 24

Week 13: @ New England, 4:15pm, CBS --- L

Division bragging rights are on the line as the Jets come in just 1 game back of the Pats who are 8-3 and the Jets at 7-4.

Tom Brady has an off day throwing for just 1 touchdown and 2 interceptions but the Pats hold Martin in check and Pennington and his WR's can only manage a TD, but Mike Nugent does hit 2 long distance FG's to keep the Jets close, but not enough in the end:

JETS - 13

Patriots - 16

Week 14: vs Oakland, 1pm, CBS --- W

The Jets assign David Barrett to cover Randy Moss and although Moss has a pretty good game (8 receptions-95 yards-2 TD's), the front 7 is able to keep former Jet LaMont Jordan in tact as he gains just 43 yards. The Raiders defense is no match for Martin, Pennington, Coles and co., as the Jets win this game in double digits:

Raiders - 17

JETS - 31

Week 15: @ Miami, 1pm, CBS --- W

Ricky Williams starts this game due to an injury Ronnie Brown suffered against the Chargers a week ago and Williams barely is able to crack 50 yards and the Jets shutdown the Dolphins passing game in the 2nd half after a Chris Chambers touchdown early in the first. McCareins has his 1st 100 yard recieving game as a Jet finally and also has 2 TD's as the Jets roll:

JETS - 28

Dolphins - 7

Week 16: vs New England, 9pm, ABC --- W

The teams come in with the Patriots leading the division by 2 games with a 11-3 record to the Jets' 9-5. The Jets know they must win this game in order to have a chance to win the division. The Jets come out pumped up with the crowd on it's feet and Pennington throws a 25 yard TD to Coles in the opening minutes which ignites the crowd. Tom Brady has no room to run as his offesnive line collapses and John Abraham, actually playing in a full season as well as Pennington, racks up 2.5 sacks on the day. Going into the fourth it's all tied up at 10 when Patriots S Rodney Harrison knocks WR Wayne Chrebet out of the game with a vicious crown hit that moves the Jets from midfield to the New England 35. The Jets manage just 2 yards more and rookie Mike Nugent comes in and hits a 51 yard game leader at the time. Next possession, RB Corey Dillon is stripped by LB Eric Barton of the ball who then picks it up and runs it to the endzone to give the Jets a 20-10 lead. The Jets defense holds on till 25 seconds to go when the Pats get a late TD. A tried onside kick is unsuccessful and the Jets win it!:

Patriots - 17

JETS - 20

Week 17: vs Buffalo, 1pm, CBS ---W

The Jets enter this game knowing a win and a Dolphins win over the Patriots gives them the division, if not, then they get the 5th seed (#1 Wild Card) spot in the playoffs. Willis McGahee again has his way with the Jets defense but WR's Eric Moulds and Lee Evans are no where to be found. Martin is shut down for the most part and finishes the season with just 1245 yards but still sets the NFL record for most consecutive 1,000 + yards seasons to start a career. Pennington and Coles hook up for their 9th and 10th TD's together on the year. The Bills keep it close but the Jets prevail:

Bills - 13

JETS - 17

Meanwhile in Foxboro:

The Dolphins come into the game playing for pride and Ricky Williams finally shows some of his old self against a banged up Pats defense, gaining 75 yards, his best performance of the season. Tom Brady throws a late interception to Sam Madison in the 4th quarter who then takes it back for a TD to give the Dolphins a 10-9 lead. The Pats take it down the field but Adam Vinatieri from 49 yards out finally chokes and it goes wide right, the Jets take the division and the Pats the #1 Wild Card Spot!

11-5, Division champs by Tie-Breaker

Wild Card Weekend, January 8th, 8pm

Pittsburgh @ JETS

First time these 2 face off since last seasons playoff loss for the Jets and this time around there are no kicking f-up's. It again is a game of defense and FG's and this time the Jets pull away with Mike Nugent showing his 47th selection worth, giving the Jets all 9 of their points as the Jets finally defeat the Steelers:

Steelers: 7

JETS: 9

Divisional Round: Sunday January 15th, 1pm

JETS @ Colts

This game is a game of high powered offense but the better defense for sure takes this game. The Colts come out firing and take an early 14-0 lead but by halftime the Jets cut it down to 14-10. Late in the 4th the Colts still lead 28-24 when Pennington hits TE Doug Jolley for a TD to give the Jets a 31-28 lead. The Colts go down the field and tie it up with a Vanderjagt FG with just 2:35 remaining. The Jets go down the field and as time expires, Mike Nugent hits a chip shot 38 yard field goal attempt and the Jets prevail 34-31.

AFC Championship Game: Sunday January 22nd, 1pm

San Diego @ JETS

After the Chargers surprisingly knock off the Ravens with a heavy dose of LaDainian Tomlinson in Baltimore, it's back to New York and Jets fans love the AFC Championship home game. The Jets know they have the Chargers number and get a little too cocky early on, allowing the Chargers to open up to a 10-0 half-time lead. The 2nd half was just as it was for the Jets in New England, A SHUTOUT. Tomlinson had already 85 yards rushing on the day and finished with just 98. Drew Brees was picked off twice, both by Safety Erik Coleman and with 2 Curtis Martin touchdown runs the Jets took the lead 14-10. On San Diego's last try, the Chargers were at the Jets 7 with just 8 seconds to go, 4th and goal and the Jets knew that it was going towards Antoino Gates' way. Brees rold out and Gates was running towards the corner when, (yes he made a freakin playoff game!) John Abraham hits Brees as he throws it and the lame duck is caught by Jonathan Vilma in the endzone as time expires. The Jets go onto the Super Bowl!!!

Super Bowl XL - Detroit, MI - February 5th 2006

NEW YORK JETS

vs

Philadelphia Eagles

The Eagles return to the Super Bowl for a 2nd straight year but this time, T.O. was healthy and ready to go. The Jets had to double team Owens and thanks to a strong game by Donnie Abraham on Todd Pinkston, Owens was the only one who was racking up yardage. The Jets didn't do as well against Owens as the Pats did in the previous Super Bowl, but he was held without a touchdown but still did have 11 receptions for 120 yards. Jets WR Laveranues Coles seemed to go at it with Eagles CB Lito Sheppard and put up 8 grabs for 96 yards and a touchdown, still nothing Owens did. Curtis Martin rushed for only 69 yards but did have 2 touchdowns, one right before the 2 minute warning as the Jets took the lead 21-17. The Eagles were faced with a 4th and 5 at the Jets 25 with just 26 seconds to play and they opted to go for it all. Eagles QB Donovan McNabb looked for Owens but when he under threw Owens and CB David Barrett deflected it and as the ball hit the ground, the Jets sideline errupted. Pennington came on to neal the ball and that was it.

NEW YORK JETS = SUPER BOWL XL CHAMPIONS!!!

Later that night it was spotted that GOB, 124, TS, Max, Faba, GGG, Brenda, GG, Faba, StormShadow, Jetheelz, Jethead, Smizzy, Bob, and others were all seen getting wasted and trashing the streets of Detroit! =D>

Nice to see PennyBoy continue to lead the offense into the end zone in key playoff games. :shock:

:shock::shock: hey 124..not saying much for chad and/dinger on this one huh..lol...

note to 124:DO NOT LEAVE AMMO FOR TEX #-o

@KC-Win

Miami-Win

Jacksonville-Win

@Baltimore-Loss

Tampa Bay-Win

@Buffalo-Loss

@Atlanta-Win-big-there is already a sense that Vick's head hasn't caught up with his feet; this team figures tot ake a giant step back

BYE

San Diego-Win

@Carolina-Loss-if the Jets can win this road game, look out. This is the belleweather on the schedule to tell if they can get far or will just tease.

@Denver-Win

NO-Win

@NE-Loss

Oakland-Win

@Miami-Win

NE-Loss

Buffalo-Win

11-5; AFCE 2nd place, getting to the AFC title game to get spanked by...(I cannot type it; it pisses me off too much!). Thjis is satricly a best case scenario.

I will most likely change some games and many opinions come early September when the Pre-Season is finished and the regular season is a week away.

Here goes nothing:

2005 NEW YORK JETS PREDICTIONS:

Week 1: @ Kansas City - 1pm, CBS --- W

The Jets enter this game with a HEALTHY and 100% ready to go Chad Pennington and with the Chiefs defensive unit still not gelled together, capped off by a late 52 yard game winner from rookie Mike Nugent, the Jets take this one:

JETS - 31

Chiefs - 28

Week 2: vs Miami - 4:15pm, CBS --- W

The home opener excites all the fans in the stadium as the return of Laveranues Coles brings new life to the crowd and Coles, now with only 1 good Miami CB left, puts up great numbers posting his first 100 yard recieving game of the season along with 2 touchdowns. Ricky Williams stands on the sideline smoking his imaginary blunt wishing he was back in Africa as Ronnie Brown struggles to gain 60 yards, but the DLine holds Martin / Blaylock in check to keep it within 10:

Dolphins - 7

JETS - 17

Week 3: vs Jacksonville - 1pm, CBS --- W

Marshall Bowl 2 is on between Pennington and Leftwich and much like Marshall Bowl 1, it's a defensive game. But late in the game, LB Jonathan Vilma picks off a Leftwich pass entended for workout hero Matt Jones to seal the deal:

Jaguars - 10

JETS - 13

Week 4: @ Baltimore - 4:05pm, CBS --- L

It's Donnie Henderson's return to Baltimore but it isn't a good one. The Jets struggle to do much at all against the league's best defense, but Justin Miller does return a KO for a Touchdown. The Jets defense does their share of keeping it close, but a late pass by Kyle Boller to Todd Heap beating LB Victor Hobson downfield for a 30 yard gain kills the Jets. Unfortunately, Matt Stover hits a game winning FG as time expires and the Jets fall:

JETS - 10

Ravens - 12

Week 5: vs Tampa Bay, 1pm, FOX --- W

Back at home the Jets feel like they need to get Herm a win against his former team and they do just that. The Bucs offensive attack led by rookie RB Carnell Williams is shut down and sophmore Michael Clayton can only manage 3 receptions for 47 yards against David Barrett. Jets win this one in a blowout thanks to a strong performance from Pennington, throwing 3 TD's with 200 yards in just the 1st half.

Bucs - 6

JETS - 27

Week 6: @ Buffalo, 4:15pm, CBS --- W

This is usually a tough game for the Jets but it's earlier than usual in Buffalo and JP Losman still doesn't know what he's doing, so the Bills give the ball to Willis McGahee who tears up the Jets defense but thanks to a late 45 yard hook-up between Pennington and Justin McCareins, the Jets' rookie Mike Nugent comes on for his 2nd GW FG of the year and hits it from 47 yards out, his 3rd FG of the day.

JETS - 16

Bills - 13

Week 7: @ Atlanta - 9pm, ABC --- L

The Jets use a heavy dose of Curtis Martin to keep Michael Vick off the field and when Vick does get on, MLB Jonathan Vilma holds him in check for the most part except for one 35 yard TD run, but unfortunately costs the Jets the game. Late in the game, Martin gets his 5th TD run of the season to push the Jets close but not close enough as the Falcons run out the clock:

JETS - 21

Falcons - 24

Week 8: BYE WEEK

Week 9: vs San Diego, 1pm, CBS --- W

The Jets have San Diego's number coming into the game and the harsh early winter effects the Chargers' game. LaDainian Tomlinson is held in check and Martin has his best game of the year to carry the Jets to a decent victory:

Chargers - 14

JETS - 20

Week 10: @ Carolina, 4:05pm, CBS --- L

In a preview of what many people at the time view as a possible Super Bowl, the Jets forget to bring their A game and the offense struggles to get their lone touchdown on an interception return capped in by a 4th and goal TD run by Derrick Blaylock. DeShaun Foster runs rampid over the Jets after Steve Smith takes advantage of Donnie Abraham.

JETS - 7

Panthers - 24

Week 11: @ Denver, 4:15pm, CBS --- L

Denver in late November is no easy cupcake and the Jets come into the game trying to get back onto the winning track but fail. The Jets offense keeps it more close than the defense, the unit still shakey from last week's poor performance but Chad Pennington's 3 TD's passes along with Curtis Martin's 130 yards arn't enough as the Jets fall just short:

JETS - 24

Denver - 28

Week 12: vs New Orleans, 8:30pm, ESPN --- W

After 2 straight and losing 3 of the last 4, all on the road, the Jets are back at home where they are perfect so far on the season. Jonathan Vilma, David Barrett and Shaun Ellis carry the defense but the special teams ruins a shutout with a KR touchdown by Michael Lewis, but none-the-less, the defenses regained their confidences as they shut down Duce McAlister and Joe Horn. Martin and Blaylock both run for 100 yards, similar to the Martin-Jordan combo vs Miami in 2004 and the Jets roll:

Saints - 7

JETS - 24

Week 13: @ New England, 4:15pm, CBS --- L

Division bragging rights are on the line as the Jets come in just 1 game back of the Pats who are 8-3 and the Jets at 7-4.

Tom Brady has an off day throwing for just 1 touchdown and 2 interceptions but the Pats hold Martin in check and Pennington and his WR's can only manage a TD, but Mike Nugent does hit 2 long distance FG's to keep the Jets close, but not enough in the end:

JETS - 13

Patriots - 16

Week 14: vs Oakland, 1pm, CBS --- W

The Jets assign David Barrett to cover Randy Moss and although Moss has a pretty good game (8 receptions-95 yards-2 TD's), the front 7 is able to keep former Jet LaMont Jordan in tact as he gains just 43 yards. The Raiders defense is no match for Martin, Pennington, Coles and co., as the Jets win this game in double digits:

Raiders - 17

JETS - 31

Week 15: @ Miami, 1pm, CBS --- W

Ricky Williams starts this game due to an injury Ronnie Brown suffered against the Chargers a week ago and Williams barely is able to crack 50 yards and the Jets shutdown the Dolphins passing game in the 2nd half after a Chris Chambers touchdown early in the first. McCareins has his 1st 100 yard recieving game as a Jet finally and also has 2 TD's as the Jets roll:

JETS - 28

Dolphins - 7

Week 16: vs New England, 9pm, ABC --- W

The teams come in with the Patriots leading the division by 2 games with a 11-3 record to the Jets' 9-5. The Jets know they must win this game in order to have a chance to win the division. The Jets come out pumped up with the crowd on it's feet and Pennington throws a 25 yard TD to Coles in the opening minutes which ignites the crowd. Tom Brady has no room to run as his offesnive line collapses and John Abraham, actually playing in a full season as well as Pennington, racks up 2.5 sacks on the day. Going into the fourth it's all tied up at 10 when Patriots S Rodney Harrison knocks WR Wayne Chrebet out of the game with a vicious crown hit that moves the Jets from midfield to the New England 35. The Jets manage just 2 yards more and rookie Mike Nugent comes in and hits a 51 yard game leader at the time. Next possession, RB Corey Dillon is stripped by LB Eric Barton of the ball who then picks it up and runs it to the endzone to give the Jets a 20-10 lead. The Jets defense holds on till 25 seconds to go when the Pats get a late TD. A tried onside kick is unsuccessful and the Jets win it!:

Patriots - 17

JETS - 20

Week 17: vs Buffalo, 1pm, CBS ---W

The Jets enter this game knowing a win and a Dolphins win over the Patriots gives them the division, if not, then they get the 5th seed (#1 Wild Card) spot in the playoffs. Willis McGahee again has his way with the Jets defense but WR's Eric Moulds and Lee Evans are no where to be found. Martin is shut down for the most part and finishes the season with just 1245 yards but still sets the NFL record for most consecutive 1,000 + yards seasons to start a career. Pennington and Coles hook up for their 9th and 10th TD's together on the year. The Bills keep it close but the Jets prevail:

Bills - 13

JETS - 17

Meanwhile in Foxboro:

The Dolphins come into the game playing for pride and Ricky Williams finally shows some of his old self against a banged up Pats defense, gaining 75 yards, his best performance of the season. Tom Brady throws a late interception to Sam Madison in the 4th quarter who then takes it back for a TD to give the Dolphins a 10-9 lead. The Pats take it down the field but Adam Vinatieri from 49 yards out finally chokes and it goes wide right, the Jets take the division and the Pats the #1 Wild Card Spot!

11-5, Division champs by Tie-Breaker

Wild Card Weekend, January 8th, 8pm

Pittsburgh @ JETS

First time these 2 face off since last seasons playoff loss for the Jets and this time around there are no kicking f-up's. It again is a game of defense and FG's and this time the Jets pull away with Mike Nugent showing his 47th selection worth, giving the Jets all 9 of their points as the Jets finally defeat the Steelers:

Steelers: 7

JETS: 9

Divisional Round: Sunday January 15th, 1pm

JETS @ Patriots

The two division rivals again meet up in New England and this time the home team does not come out victirous. After a strong first half 14-3 lead by New England, Herm Edwards and Donnie Henderson kick the defenses asses into shape as the D doesn't not allow a single point in the 2nd half. The Jets get another FG by Nugent, a touchdown pass from Pennington to Jolley and it's 14-13 with just 6 minutes to go. The Jets storm down the field after stopping the Patriots to a 3 and out. Nugent comes on the field with just 2:16 to play and MISSES (TX that's for you) a 45 yard attempt as it hits the left crossbar. Jets fans fear this is another Brien episode and another lost season in the Divisional round on the road. The Jets then stop the Patriots 3 and out with no timeouts remaining storm down the field. Pennington hits Coles twice for 37 yards and Martin takes a shovel pass and gains 15 and takes it to the Patriots 25 yard line. Nugent trots out onto the field and Jets fans sit and pray and the snap, kick, PERFECT, Jets win the game 16-14 and go onto the AFC Championship Game.

AFC Championship Game: Sunday January 22nd, 1pm

San Diego @ JETS

After the Chargers surprisingly knock off the Ravens with a heavy dose of LaDainian Tomlinson in Baltimore, it's back to New York and Jets fans love the AFC Championship home game. The Jets know they have the Chargers number and get a little too cocky early on, allowing the Chargers to open up to a 10-0 half-time lead. The 2nd half was just as it was for the Jets in New England, A SHUTOUT. Tomlinson had already 85 yards rushing on the day and finished with just 98. Drew Brees was picked off twice, both by Safety Erik Coleman and with 2 Curtis Martin touchdown runs the Jets took the lead 14-10. On San Diego's last try, the Chargers were at the Jets 7 with just 8 seconds to go, 4th and goal and the Jets knew that it was going towards Antoino Gates' way. Brees rold out and Gates was running towards the corner when, (yes he made a freakin playoff game!) John Abraham hits Brees as he throws it and the lame duck is caught by Jonathan Vilma in the endzone as time expires. The Jets go onto the Super Bowl!!!

Super Bowl XL - Detroit, MI - February 5th 2006

NEW YORK JETS

vs

Philadelphia Eagles

The Eagles return to the Super Bowl for a 2nd straight year but this time, T.O. was healthy and ready to go. The Jets had to double team Owens and thanks to a strong game by Donnie Abraham on Todd Pinkston, Owens was the only one who was racking up yardage. The Jets didn't do as well against Owens as the Pats did in the previous Super Bowl, but he was held without a touchdown but still did have 11 receptions for 120 yards. Jets WR Laveranues Coles seemed to go at it with Eagles CB Lito Sheppard and put up 8 grabs for 96 yards and a touchdown, still nothing Owens did. Curtis Martin rushed for only 69 yards but did have 2 touchdowns, one right before the 2 minute warning as the Jets took the lead 21-17. The Eagles were faced with a 4th and 5 at the Jets 25 with just 26 seconds to play and they opted to go for it all. Eagles QB Donovan McNabb looked for Owens but when he under threw Owens and CB David Barrett deflected it and as the ball hit the ground, the Jets sideline errupted. Pennington came on to neal the ball and that was it.

NEW YORK JETS = SUPER BOWL XL CHAMPIONS!!!

Later that night it was spotted that GOB, 124, TS, Max, Faba, GGG, Brenda, GG, Faba, StormShadow, Jetheelz, Jethead, Smizzy, Bob, and others were all seen getting wasted and trashing the streets of Detroit! =D>

Sounds perfect to me !!!! :D:D

Archived