Predict the Jets '05 Record (Way in Advance)

TomShane

9-7.

This is not even a knock on the Jets. IMHO the AFC East has a tough schedule this year. Short of New Orleans and Oakland, you can make an argument for the other 14 teams to win the game.

If Chad falters.......

@KC - W

Miami - W

Jax - W

@ Bal - W

TB - W

@ Buf - L - Bills have a good O - close one 27-23

@ Atlanda- W

BYE

San Diego- W

@ Carolina- L

@ Denver- W

New Orleans- W

@ New England- L

Oakland- W

@ Miami- W

New England - W

Buffalo- W

13 - 3 - Playoff's Baby!!!

NEW YORK JETS = SUPER BOWL XL CHAMPIONS!!!

Later that night it was spotted that GOB, 124, TS, Max, Faba, GGG, Brenda, GG, Faba, StormShadow, Jetheelz, Jethead, Smizzy, Bob, and others were all seen getting wasted and trashing the streets of Detroit! =D>

Woo! We load the minors with booze! And, there are areas to tailgate around Ford's Field... I just dunno if you'd want to in the middle of winter.

But, Greektown and Hockeytown Cafe are right there.

My gut is telling me 9-7 or 10-6 based on that schedule. If we do go 9-7, forget about the playoffs. Therefore, since I do believe this team is playoff-bound, I will go with 10-6 as my prediction. Playoffs? Anything can happen, so I will leave it at that.

Vick - the most over-rated QB of all time. I am soooooo sick of Vick! 1) he's usually less healthy than Chad for crissakes. 2) He is lightening fast, can throw on the run but can't make a designed toss from the pocket to save his life 3) a good defensive game plan has him hemmed in the pocket most of the time which almost assures the opponnets victory.

Baltimore - Ugh! If a team can stop the run game, you stop the entire offense. I mean, Kyle Boller? Please.... :roll: Ray Lewis - old and living on guts and reputation. Bruschi was MUCH better than him last year.

There - I just gave the Jets two more wins, Tom.

Garb if Lewis is "Old" at 30 how is Bruschi better

whose 2 years older?? :lol:

12-4 with losses to New England, Atlanta, Jacksonville and Denver

I really believe the defense steps up and becomes an elite top 5 maybe even top 3 defense and get the Jets to Detroit for Super Bowl 40.

Whether they win Super Bowl 40 is a different story all together. :D

• 4 months later...

Ow. Bump. Some of you are FOOLS! :lol:

@KC

Miami

Jacksonville

@Baltimore

Tampa Bay

@Buffalo

@Atlanta

BYE

San Diego

@Carolina

@Denver

NO

@NE

Oakland

@Miami

NE

Buffalo

Starting off in KC, one of the loudest stadiums in the world, with Chad calling audibles after being limited in camp with his shoulder will be tough, but I can't see KC scoring alot against Donnie Defense:

W

Miami will be atrocious this year while Nick Saban cleans house:

W

It will be a slugfest against Jacksonville, but I see a 14-10 type game where Jacksonville gets it. Those two DT's will stuff Curtis all day long.

L

Herm's humiliation against Brian Billick last year will sting, but Herm won't have to worry about it this year. Baltimore, with an improved O, will destroy the Jets. Fassel and Neuheisel will get a QB somewhere and the defense will be better in Baltimore:

L

Tampa Bay will be a rejuvenated team, but I will never predict a team led by Brian Griese will ever win a game:

W

Buffalo will take six games before they realize that JP Losman has the mental make-up of a weak-willed cosmetologist. A total disgrace:

W

If Vick is healthy at this point in the season, the Falcons should win this going away. Vilma is quick, be he's not as quick as Vick.

L

San Diego will lose every time they play the Jets. SD is just not physical enough to match up. Schottenheimer goes back to being Schottenhemier.

W

Playing at Carolina, the Jets will get punched in the mouth. I think Carolina is the Super Bowl favorite the NFC if TO stays away from the Eagles:

L

At Denver, Woody has a candlelight dinner with Gary Kubiak as they discuss football, contract demands and the taste of a fine Cabernet. Jets lose:

L

I will never predict a Jim Haslett team to win a game. Jets beat New Orleans:

W

I will never pick a Herm Edwards team to beat a Bill Belichick team. Ever. Jets lose to the Pats:

L

Oakland finally comes to town and Donnie Abraham gets matched up on Moss. Lamont Jordan back-pedals his way to 96 yards and two scores. Mike Heimerdinger looks at Herm and says "Why is he on their team again?":

L

Playing at Miami, Nick Saban has benched half of his starters and begins the re-building process. Jets win:

W

New England:

L

Buffalo, having benched Losman, finds a way to squeak one out, because that's how the Jets-Bills rivalry goes:

L

Ouch. I predicted 7-9 there.

Archived