Mike Nugent article

faba

Faba, any chance we can re-name this thread:

Mike....The Man, The Clutch Kicker, The sh*t, The MVP of Ohio State and soon to be the Jets', The King, The #1 Man in NY for Footballin 5 years....Nugent

?

=D>

Mike....The Man, The Clutch Kicker, The Sh#t, The MVP of Ohio State and soon to be the Jets', The King, The #1 Man in NY for Footballin 5 years....Nugent

?

I knew you would like this article JetsFanInSec124- more positives about Nugent he is a team player and willing to do anything for the team

Yes he is. Nugent is willing to do anything for his team and as a Michigan fan he always broke my heart with the clutch FG's not only against our team but other teams as well to hurt Michigan in the standings. But aside from that, Nugent has the brains and the attitude to make it in this league. His leg and accuracy speaks for itself. If you want an ultimate team player and professional, it's Mike Nugent...and it's because of all that and more that I got his jersey and will wear at during every game this year, even on the road games when I'm on my couch.

I'll tell you what, people knock the Jets for spending a second round pick on this kid, but when you consider all of the games that are won and lost because of kickers during a season, if Nugent is a solid kicker for 8-10 years for us, then it will be a bargain. I don't understand how teams spend millions upon millions of dollars for wide receivers and DB's, and then watch their season blown up by some UDFA kicker.

You know what I was thinking? Starting to gather people in Section 124, talk it over to some of the guys who actually go to the Preseason games, to start a Nugent fan club base in the section, sort of like Nugent's section, if not, well, we'll see, but I'm gonna try. =D>

Mike....The Man, The Clutch Kicker, The Sh#t, The MVP of Ohio State and soon to be the Jets', The King, The #1 Man in NY for Footballin 5 years....Nugent

Yea, just wait until he hits only 70% of his kicks this year and shanks two potential game winning FG's. :wink:

A fan club for a friggn' kicker? :shock:

What is your name anyway, fatcatxl?

see that wasnt even very funny...you are slipping, Tx.

and by the way ...let me reiterate how many rings would you have without vinatieri?

I have to admit, I find Jets fans enthusiasm quite adorable. All excited about a kicker who hasn't played a down of professional football. A knee-jerk reaction to last year's heartache - which quite frankly should be blamed on the HC. But, heck what do I know!? I am a girl who has never played tackle football and been knocked around at the line of scrimmage.... :roll:

I have to admit, I find Jets fans enthusiasm quite adorable. All excited about a kicker who hasn't played a down of professional football. A knee-jerk reaction to last year's heartache - which quite frankly should be blamed on the HC. But, heck what do I know!? I am a girl who has never played tackle football and been knocked around at the line of scrimmage.... :roll:

Ditzy broad.

You know what I was thinking? Starting to gather people in Section 124, talk it over to some of the guys who actually go to the Preseason games, to start a Nugent fan club base in the section, sort of like Nugent's section, if not, well, we'll see, but I'm gonna try. =D>

Have the PA play "Cat Scratch Fever" when he strolls out on the field.

Play "Wango Tango" when he makes it and "Free for All" when it is blocked.

I'll tell you what, people knock the Jets for spending a second round pick on this kid, but when you consider all of the games that are won and lost because of kickers during a season, if Nugent is a solid kicker for 8-10 years for us, then it will be a bargain. I don't understand how teams spend millions upon millions of dollars for wide receivers and DB's, and then watch their season blown up by some UDFA kicker.
Couldn't agree with you more T.S. Look how many supoerbowls have been won by clutch kickers. :roll: Nugent will prove to be a bargain in the long run. I'm glad we got him before the Vikings did. =D>

Archived