How Long Will Teams Let NE Run Up The Score?

Smizzy

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know if any of these teams have considered this idea but maybe they should...you know...try to stop the Patriots. Just a thought. It was like the press conference yesterday. The reporter asked Belichick about the 4th. and 1 where they went for it. He was like "What did you want us to do? Kick a fg?" The reporter didn't know what to say. Maybe Brady should have just taken off in a dead sprint backwards to their own endzone then chucked it 110 yds. to a wide open Moss in the endzone. :lol:

They haven't done it in the 1st 8 weeks of the season. No one has the balls to risk his career with a move like that. In any case, I think trying to injure a player after the whistle blows is far more classless than running up the score.

I agree....but I didn't mean end his career...don't tell me that up 38 points and still throwing out of the shotgun formation....a DE coming around that corner is going to care about a fine.

Maybe Brady should have just taken off in a dead sprint backwards to their own endzone then chucked it 110 yds. to a wide open Moss in the endzone. :lol:

I wouldn't put it past them.

Personally, I'm waiting for the Pats to do a "fake kneel-down", followed by a TD pass, with the game in the bag and under a minute left.

I agree....but I didn't mean end his career...don't tell me that up 38 points and still throwing out of the shotgun formation....a DE coming around that corner is going to care about a fine.

It would be worse than a fine if the NFL believes it was intention to cause physical harm, especially if it comes after the whistle or well after the throw is out. Plus, no one besides Dallas has applied enough pressure out of the front 7 to put Brady in any serious danger.

If anybody saw the Gibbs press conference yesterday, he did everything in his power not to tee-off on Belly. Him saying "I had nothing wrong with what they did" and saying it with a straight face is a total lie. Gibbs has been around the block and back, and is a pretty classy guy who wouldn't take a shot through the media like that on Belly. The Pats on the other hand would go as far to just put teams down in their place.

Can you imagine what they're going to do to the Jets when they meet again? I mean, if we think they're running the score up now.....they're going to have the biggest ax to grind because Mangini's on our sideline

i'm a fan of the cheap shot. If one team is acting like a bunch of idiots, take 'em down a couple pegs. Before the ethic police show up and call me or anyone that agrees, 'classless', just remember it's not a new notion in sports.

The pats will get what's coming to them, i have no doubt. I can't wait to laugh when it does happen.

i'm a fan of the cheap shot. If one team is acting like a bunch of idiots, take 'em down a couple pegs. Before the ethic police show up and call me or anyone that agrees, 'classless', just remember it's not a new notion in sports.

The pats will get what's coming to them, i have no doubt. I can't wait to laugh when it does happen.

Bad things often happen to bad people eventually. BB will get what's coming to him one day. You can only mock the other teams for so long before someone takes a cheap shot. Personally, I'd prefer a sweep and the RB and half the line plows into Belli on the sideline.

[quote=lawngnome o-line;680523

Can you imagine what they're going to do to the Jets when they meet again? I mean, if we think they're running the score up now.....they're going to have the biggest ax to grind because Mangini's on our sideline

I've already thought about that.

Lil Bill is going to go for a 100

Maybe I'll take a winter vacation to Outer Mongolia that week.

Should be more fun then that game

You know, some people feel the same way about the Jets. Looks like the Jets "got it" first. ;)

You know, some people feel the same way about the Jets. Looks like the Jets "got it" first. ;)

good point...its as though this season doesn't even count to me. When the Jets are this bad, all i have to fall back on is the packers and fantasy, and even that doesn't register is a legit season.

08 here we come. :lol:

What are you going to do ?

Right now the Pats can pretty much do what they want and until a team comes and hits them back they are going to keep on doing it.

Let's put it like this.

Remember the playoff game last year when Vilma had a clean shot at Brady and went for the ball instead of the sack ? If someone has that chance you can be sure that they won't be going for the strip this time.

Until then though. The Pats are going to keep doing it.

They haven't done it in the 1st 8 weeks of the season. No one has the balls to risk his career with a move like that. In any case, I think trying to injure a player after the whistle blows is far more classless than running up the score.

I'm betting that the Jets are not looking forward to their appearance in Foxborough knowing they will lose something like 100-0. And my prediction is that Mangini will regret the day he ever chose to open up that can of worms !!!!

Yup, the Jets really f-ed it up for everyone in the NFL, mostly themselves.

I think the only teams that have anything to gain with Brady being gone, are either the Colts or the Steelers. None of the other teams in the Pats scheduled have any real chance of winning it all.

I'm betting that the Jets are not looking forward to their appearance in Foxborough knowing they will lose something like 100-0. And my prediction is that Mangini will regret the day he ever chose to open up that can of worms !!!!

Take a hike d!ckhead

If teams don't want the Patriots scoring they should just forfeit, try to stop them, or start taking knees to show they don't want anymore scoring in the game. But I never see a losing team take knees, instead they keep trying to score. What happened to accepting a defeat gracefully? Instead these losing teams keep wasting time and trying to lengthen the game. Takine a time out to stop the clock when you're down by 3 scores? Where is the class in that?

There is nothing wrong with scoring points in the NFL. See this is what happens when you have Herm Edwards and Chad Pennington on your team for the past 7 years, Jets fans think there is some rule against scoring points. Goddamn people, get your heads out of your asses and start respecting a real football team. We ****ing suck, a loser is in no position to tell the winner how a game should be played.

Remember the playoff game last year when Vilma had a clean shot at Brady and went for the ball instead of the sack ? If someone has that chance you can be sure that they won't be going for the strip this time.

I thought Vilma did that because he wasn't confident in his ability to take Brady down? You know, the whole "undersized" thing.

If teams don't want the Patriots scoring they should just forfeit, try to stop them, or start taking knees to show they don't want anymore scoring in the game. But I never see a losing team take knees, instead they keep trying to score. What happened to accepting a defeat gracefully? Instead these losing teams keep wasting time and trying to lengthen the game. Takine a time out to stop the clock when you're down by 3 scores? Where is the class in that?

There is nothing wrong with scoring points in the NFL. See this is what happens when you have Herm Edwards and Chad Pennington on your team for the past 7 years, Jets fans think there is some rule against scoring points. Goddamn people, get your heads out of your asses and start respecting a real football team. We ****ing suck, a loser is in no position to tell the winner how a game should be played.

POTW NOM!! :cheers:

Another thing, which i don't think anyone addressed is that the Patriots only had Marcellus Rivers as their TE yesterday. You're kind of limited in your formations with one healthy TE (who is actually more of a pass catcher and a bad one at that).

Vrabel is their red zone TE. Fantasy owners of Laurence Maroney must get a little pissed when Vrabel lines up for the goal-line offense.

At some point you have to suck it up and if you don't want them to score 40 or 50+, find a way to stop them or at least contain them to field goals. However, when they are throwing the ball in the 4th quarter with less than 10 minutes to play up by 38 and throwing on 2nd and goal and going for it on 4th down, then that is just ridiculous and bush.

If Mangini had any balls, the final score wouldn't matter. Just put a beating on the Pats. Nothing too dirty, just the normal poke people in the eye, hit somebody in the knee, you know stuff we see every week by teams other than the NY Jets.

It's funny how people defend the Pats ability to score but if some player knocks Brady down on a borderline clean play , it's wrong.

Give me a break.

If Mangini had any balls, the final score wouldn't matter. Just put a beating on the Pats. Nothing too dirty, just the normal poke people in the eye, hit somebody in the knee, you know stuff we see every week by teams other than the NY Jets.

It's funny how people defend the Pats ability to score but if some player knocks Brady down on a borderline clean play , it's wrong.

Give me a break.

People aren't talking about knocking Brady down, they are talking about ending his career with a permanent injury. If you don't see the difference between that and running up the score I think you're crazy.

Give me a break.

If anyone was complaining about Brady getting knocked down you'd be right. If anyone was getting close to Brady then the above might happen.

Another thing, which i don't think anyone addressed is that the Patriots only had Marcellus Rivers as their TE yesterday. You're kind of limited in your formations with one healthy TE (who is actually more of a pass catcher and a bad one at that).

kyle brady was in the game too.

I think more than anything else, BB is running up the score b/c he doesn't want to take them out of this team-wide zone they seem to be in.

An entire team always can't slow down on the field & then next week go into attack mode immediately the following week. Look what happened to the Colts a couple of years ago. They started out like 13-0 or whatever it was, then they rested their starters & the whole team got cold before unceremoniously getting bumped out of the playoffs.

I just think BB wants to see what happens if the team never gets out of the attack-attack-attack mode -- ever. So in doing so, you'll see them go for it on 4th down in the 4th quarter when they're already up by some 40 points. It keeps the team sharp. It keeps them in the game. All business, all the time.

I hardly think they're trying to show up everyone in the league by this unprecedented display of prowess. It's really amazing to watch, no matter how much I hate the Patriots (and all things New England in general other than Maine lobsters).

Archived