Buying a car

Jetlag

Any Honda or Toyota you buy you will not go wrong with- that is the only types I have been driving since I got my license 20 or so years ago. Right now I have Honda CRV 1998 and no major problems with regular maintenance.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any Honda or Toyota you buy you will not go wrong with- that is the only types I have been driving since I got my license 20 or so years ago. Right now I have Honda CRV 1998 and no major problems with regular maintenance.

i agree with the honda's and toyotas... awesome cars..have had both...

whatever you do... dont get a chevy vega... LOL my first car...had to put water and oil in it every 25 miles :lol:

My first car actually was a Chevy Nova-great car IMO-I bought it off my father- great engine- but rusted away to the ground- felt like Fred Flintstone

i agree with the honda's and toyotas... awesome cars..have had both...

whatever you do... dont get a chevy vega... LOL my first car...had to put water and oil in it every 25 miles :lol:

My first car actually was a Chevy Nova-great car IMO-I bought it off my father- great engine- but rusted away to the ground- felt like Fred Flintstone

got mine used ;) went thorugh one engine ... lol.. and then had a second engine put in in the auto shop at the local h.s. where my dad taught... didnt last long... yes it had major rust issues...

the first car i drove was my grandmothers fiat 860... semi automatic... that was a great car!!! two seater... LOL it was a shoe box ;)

got mine used ;) went thorugh one engine ... lol.. and then had a second engine put in in the auto shop at the local h.s. where my dad taught... didnt last long... yes it had major rust issues...

the first car i drove was my grandmothers fiat 860... semi automatic... that was a great car!!! two seater... LOL it was a shoe box ;)

the 626 prior to 2001 are pieces of crap, constant transmission problems that you can read about in many forums through a google search. when Ford took mazda over, to save money they forced Mazda to use the same tranny as the taurus and they never worked right. I had one back in 97 and the transmission went at 60k and then every 10k after.

the 626 prior to 2001 are pieces of crap, constant transmission problems that you can read about in many forums through a google search. when Ford took mazda over, to save money they forced Mazda to use the same tranny as the taurus and they never worked right. I had one back in 97 and the transmission went at 60k and then every 10k after.

just my opinion the most reliable cars on the road are Toyotas and Subarus. The latter is pricier and has more get-up, depending on the model - very well put together -(it is the only Japanese car to be 100% assembled in Japan) - the former is like the sun coming up in the morning. It just won't let you down. Honda civic is also very reliable. Don't buy american you will be fine.

just my opinion the most reliable cars on the road are Toyotas and Subarus. The latter is pricier and has more get-up, depending on the model - very well put together -(it is the only Japanese car to be 100% assembled in Japan) - the former is like the sun coming up in the morning. It just won't let you down. Honda civic is also very reliable. Don't buy american you will be fine.

The American Trade unions have completely compromised the quality of the American Automobile. I'd buy a unicycle before I ever paid a nickel for a Ford that was slapped together by some disgruntled shop steward getting back at his bosses for "only" paying him $30 bucks an hour to tighten bolts.

The American Trade unions have completely compromised the quality of the American Automobile. I'd buy a unicycle before I ever paid a nickel for a Ford that was slapped together by some disgruntled shop steward getting back at his bosses for "only" paying him $30 bucks an hour to tighten bolts.

I'd buy a unicycle before I ever paid a nickel for a Ford...

the thing about all cars is that they are just machines and none of them perfect. The difference between a Nipponese car and the American equivalent is that when the Jap car breaks down it will be for normal reasons. Wear and tear etc. That's to be expected. on the other hand the Yank car will start making horrible strange unexplainable clanking and groaning noises that only manifest when there isn't a mechanic looking at it... it will drive you insane, if it isn't recalled 3 times before that point. Just a whole mess that no one wants to deal with.

When it comes to patriotism i'd rather support an American assembly line worker in Tennessee working for toyota then a Mexican Assembly line worker putting together Ford Explorers. There's nothing patriotic about supporting american stockholders.

I'd buy a unicycle before I ever paid a nickel for a Ford...

the thing about all cars is that they are just machines and none of them perfect. The difference between a Nipponese car and the American equivalent is that when the Jap car breaks down it will be for normal reasons. Wear and tear etc. That's to be expected. on the other hand the Yank car will start making horrible strange unexplainable clanking and groaning noises that only manifest when there isn't a mechanic looking at it... it will drive you insane, if it isn't recalled 3 times before that point. Just a whole mess that no one wants to deal with.

When it comes to patriotism i'd rather support an American assembly line worker in Tennessee working for toyota then a Mexican Assembly line worker putting together Ford Explorers. There's nothing patriotic about supporting american stockholders.

I'm moving this to our politics forum. :lol:

I'm moving this to our politics forum. :lol:

Archived