FFL ... Pennington Ranked 20th on QB list

Big Dave

I found it surprising that Pennington was ranked so low. Injuries? Let's hope that why he's so low. With a new offense and some weapons on offense, I think he'll have a very good year.

1. Peyton Manning

2. Daunte Culpepper

3. Donovan McNabb

4. Trent Green

5. Michael Vick

6. Marc Bulger

7. Kerry Collins

8. Tom Brady

9. Matt Hasselbeck

10. Aaron Brooks

11. Brett Favre

12. Byron Leftwich

13. Jake Plummer

14. Jake Delhomme

15. Carson Palmer

16. David Carr

17. Drew Brees

18. Steve McNair

19. Ben Roethlisberger

20. Chad Pennington

Chad Pennington

Upside: Pennington enters the '05 Season with a clean bill of health, upgrades at the No1 WR and TE spots, and a coching staff looking to rid themselves of their conservative ways. With Leveranues Coles back in town, new OC Mike Hiemerdinger plans on opeining up the passing game and letting Pennington rack up some numbers.

Downside: Pennington's shoulder problems are cause for concern as the Jets have a very rough schedule this year.

I found it surprising that Pennington was ranked so low. Injuries? Let's hope that why he's so low. With a new offense and some weapons on offense, I think he'll have a very good year.

1. Peyton Manning

2. Daunte Culpepper

3. Donovan McNabb

4. Trent Green

5. Michael Vick

6. Marc Bulger

7. Kerry Collins

8. Tom Brady

9. Matt Hasselbeck

10. Aaron Brooks

11. Brett Favre

12. Byron Leftwich

13. Jake Plummer

14. Jake Delhomme

15. Carson Palmer

16. David Carr

17. Drew Brees

18. Steve McNair

19. Ben Roethlisberger

20. Chad Pennington

Chad Pennington

Upside: Pennington enters the '05 Season with a clean bill of health, upgrades at the No1 WR and TE spots, and a coching staff looking to rid themselves of their conservative ways. With Leveranues Coles back in town, new OC Mike Hiemerdinger plans on opeining up the passing game and letting Pennington rack up some numbers.

Downside: Pennington's shoulder problems are cause for concern as the Jets have a very rough schedule this year.

1. Peyton Manning

2. Daunte Culpepper

3. Donovan McNabb

4. Trent Green

5. Michael Vick

6. Marc Bulger

7. Kerry Collins

8. Tom Brady

9. Matt Hasselbeck

10. Aaron Brooks

11. Brett Favre

12. Byron Leftwich

13. Jake Plummer

14. Jake Delhomme

15. Carson Palmer

16. David Carr

17. Drew Brees

18. Steve McNair

19. Ben Roethlisberger

20. Chad Pennington

Chad Pennington

Thanks, Dave. I can't blame that site for ranking him so low. It sounds like they expect Penny to miss some time with injuries. Playing the Panthers, Falcons and Ravens scares me too with the way they get to the passer.

1. Peyton Manning

2. Daunte Culpepper

3. Donovan McNabb

4. Trent Green

5. Michael Vick

6. Marc Bulger

7. Kerry Collins

8. Tom Brady

9. Matt Hasselbeck

10. Aaron Brooks

11. Brett Favre

12. Byron Leftwich

13. Jake Plummer

14. Jake Delhomme

15. Carson Palmer

16. David Carr

17. Drew Brees

18. Steve McNair

19. Ben Roethlisberger

20. Chad Pennington

Chad Pennington

Thanks, Dave. I can't blame that site for ranking him so low. It sounds like they expect Penny to miss some time with injuries. Playing the Panthers, Falcons and Ravens scares me too with the way they get to the passer.

LOL!!

I think thats the worst list I have ever seen.

Bulger better than Brady??

KERRY COLLINS better than Chad and Brady?

Who made this list? Damn they should be hung from a skyscraper with rusty chicken wire.

Fantasy football, Barton. Stats only. Like your fantasy sex life, lists like these are worthless out of context.

LOL!!

I think thats the worst list I have ever seen.

Bulger better than Brady??

KERRY COLLINS better than Chad and Brady?

Who made this list? Damn they should be hung from a skyscraper with rusty chicken wire.

Fantasy football, Barton. Stats only. Like your fantasy sex life, lists like these are worthless out of context.

That's a pretty incredibly stupid list, and not just because Pennington is much too low. Marc Bulger and Kerry Collins ahead of Tom Brady? LMAO. If Pennington's healthy and I think he will be, he is without a doubt ahead of several of those QB's in front of him.

1. Peyton Manning

2. Daunte Culpepper

3. Donovan McNabb

4. Trent Green

5. Michael Vick

6. Marc Bulger

7. Kerry Collins

8. Tom Brady

9. Matt Hasselbeck -- NOPE

10. Aaron Brooks -- HELL NOPE

11. Brett Favre

12. Byron Leftwich -- NOPE

13. Jake Plummer -- HELL NOPE

14. Jake Delhomme

15. Carson Palmer -- NOPE

16. David Carr -- NOPE

17. Drew Brees -- NOPE

18. Steve McNair -- HELL NOPE

19. Ben Roethlisberger -- NOPE

20. Chad Pennington

Sorry, but this is a hard list to agree with. Hell, I think a re-injury is a distict possibillity, but I still think he's a better QB (real and fantasy) in 2005 that the guys I "nope'd".

1. Peyton Manning

2. Daunte Culpepper

3. Donovan McNabb

4. Trent Green

5. Michael Vick

6. Marc Bulger

7. Kerry Collins

8. Tom Brady

9. Matt Hasselbeck -- NOPE

10. Aaron Brooks -- HELL NOPE

11. Brett Favre

12. Byron Leftwich -- NOPE

13. Jake Plummer -- HELL NOPE

14. Jake Delhomme

15. Carson Palmer -- NOPE

16. David Carr -- NOPE

17. Drew Brees -- NOPE

18. Steve McNair -- HELL NOPE

19. Ben Roethlisberger -- NOPE

20. Chad Pennington

Sorry, but this is a hard list to agree with. Hell, I think a re-injury is a distict possibillity, but I still think he's a better QB (real and fantasy) in 2005 that the guys I "nope'd".

1. Peyton Manning

Obviously. Manning is the best QB, stats wise.

2. Daunte Culpepper

I dunno about this... he lost his big weapon. But, then again, who else is going to be put here?

3. Donovan McNabb

Provided TO plays, which he should, then yeah... this is obvious, and he might be the number two QB in the whole league, stats wise.

4. Trent Green

Who's he passing to again? Granted, he's got Priest and one of the best offensive lines in the NFL, but isn't he like 34?

5. Michael Vick

I'm not a believer in Vick. Sure, he's got Roddy White, but he's a rookie, and he's gotta learn the WCO. I'm just not impressed with Mr. Mexico.

6. Marc Bulger

Obviously, he's got Bruce and Holt to throw to, so he's going to be high. Probably a slot or two too high though.

7. Kerry Collins

By all rights, he should be higher, actually. Considering he's got Randy Moss, along with Jery Porter and Ronald Curry. Along with a adequate offensive line and a new running back, and a pass happy head coach, he should shine. Kerry's always been able to throw. Now he's got targets who can catch his crap.

8. Tom Brady

He's probably a bit too low. Probably a top six fantasy QB. Doesn't get the props since it's all about the coach in Boston. The year they didn't make the playoffs, he had damn good stats.

9. Matt Hasselbeck

This guy sucks. He's way too high.

10. Aaron Brooks

This guy's worse than Hasselbeck.

11. Brett Favre

Brett'll have his numbers. He's right where he should be.

12. Byron Leftwich

He's a bit too high. I don't think he's a top 20 QB, fantasy wise.

13. Jake Plummer

He sucks. Plain and simple.

14. Jake Delhomme

he's a top ten QB, fantasy or other wise. He's made a believer out of me.

15. Carson Palmer

He's right where he should be... a top 15 QB, fantasy wise. He's got the weapons.

16. David Carr

The media's golden boy. He's too high.

17. Drew Brees

He should be in the top 15... he's never had piss poor numbers or anything, but he's gotta prove that last year wasn't a fluke.

18. Steve McNair

One of the top QB's, if he's healthy. He should be in the top fifteen.

19. Ben Roethlisberger

He's probably where he should be. He's got more to prove.

20. Chad Pennington

He's top 15. But, same case with McNair... he's gotta stay healthy.

Just some random thoughts on the QB's... obvious sleepers are Joey Harrington and Kyle Boller. That is, if they click in their offense.

1. Peyton Manning

Obviously. Manning is the best QB, stats wise.

2. Daunte Culpepper

I dunno about this... he lost his big weapon. But, then again, who else is going to be put here?

3. Donovan McNabb

Provided TO plays, which he should, then yeah... this is obvious, and he might be the number two QB in the whole league, stats wise.

4. Trent Green

Who's he passing to again? Granted, he's got Priest and one of the best offensive lines in the NFL, but isn't he like 34?

5. Michael Vick

I'm not a believer in Vick. Sure, he's got Roddy White, but he's a rookie, and he's gotta learn the WCO. I'm just not impressed with Mr. Mexico.

6. Marc Bulger

Obviously, he's got Bruce and Holt to throw to, so he's going to be high. Probably a slot or two too high though.

7. Kerry Collins

By all rights, he should be higher, actually. Considering he's got Randy Moss, along with Jery Porter and Ronald Curry. Along with a adequate offensive line and a new running back, and a pass happy head coach, he should shine. Kerry's always been able to throw. Now he's got targets who can catch his crap.

8. Tom Brady

He's probably a bit too low. Probably a top six fantasy QB. Doesn't get the props since it's all about the coach in Boston. The year they didn't make the playoffs, he had damn good stats.

9. Matt Hasselbeck

This guy sucks. He's way too high.

10. Aaron Brooks

This guy's worse than Hasselbeck.

11. Brett Favre

Brett'll have his numbers. He's right where he should be.

12. Byron Leftwich

He's a bit too high. I don't think he's a top 20 QB, fantasy wise.

13. Jake Plummer

He sucks. Plain and simple.

14. Jake Delhomme

he's a top ten QB, fantasy or other wise. He's made a believer out of me.

15. Carson Palmer

He's right where he should be... a top 15 QB, fantasy wise. He's got the weapons.

16. David Carr

The media's golden boy. He's too high.

17. Drew Brees

He should be in the top 15... he's never had piss poor numbers or anything, but he's gotta prove that last year wasn't a fluke.

18. Steve McNair

One of the top QB's, if he's healthy. He should be in the top fifteen.

19. Ben Roethlisberger

He's probably where he should be. He's got more to prove.

20. Chad Pennington

He's top 15. But, same case with McNair... he's gotta stay healthy.

Just some random thoughts on the QB's... obvious sleepers are Joey Harrington and Kyle Boller. That is, if they click in their offense.

Where's Bledsoe? Tuna's going to have him heave the pigskin >500x this year. Even Vinny with his 17/20 TD/INT ratio finished top-20 last year. That was with Glenn injured & Bryant/Morgan swapping teams mid-season & their O-line should be better.

Guys like Brooks & Vick are two guys to keep away from. They get a couple of games that pad their year-end stats. Along the way they'll lose multiple weeks for you & just when you bench 'em they'll have a big game. But by year's end, if healthy for a full season they'll both look like top-10 studs.

Where's Bledsoe? Tuna's going to have him heave the pigskin >500x this year. Even Vinny with his 17/20 TD/INT ratio finished top-20 last year. That was with Glenn injured & Bryant/Morgan swapping teams mid-season & their O-line should be better.

Guys like Brooks & Vick are two guys to keep away from. They get a couple of games that pad their year-end stats. Along the way they'll lose multiple weeks for you & just when you bench 'em they'll have a big game. But by year's end, if healthy for a full season they'll both look like top-10 studs.

I've been saying it since Bledsoe went to the Cowboys, he will have a great year and put up some ridiculous numbers.

You heard it here first. :wink:

I've been saying it since Bledsoe went to the Cowboys, he will have a great year and put up some ridiculous numbers.

You heard it here first. :wink:

Archived