A new KFFLer on Penningtons rehab

SoFlaJets

Jets | Pennington Talks More about His Rehab

Wed, 29 Jun 2005 04:58:51 -0700

John Devine, of the Herald, reports New York Jets QB Chad Pennington (shoulder) spoke to the media while attending the Herman Edwards Football Camp at CSU-Monterey. As previously noted, Pennington played the final seven games of the season with a torn rotator cuff and labrum. As soon as the season ended, he had surgery to repair his right arm, and hopefully, his future. Pennington said he had a bone chip the size of a shark tooth in his arm. "It was such an invasive surgery," Pennington said. "I had to start all over. I couldn't brush my teeth with my right arm for two months. It really breaks you down." Pennington began throwing 15- to 35-yard passes three weeks ago. Gradually, he has begun to throw longer while increasing the number of throws. "He's around 89 percent," Jets head coach Herman Edwards said. "He's a quick healer. He was frustrated because he was immobile for so long." With training camp still four weeks off, Pennington has no doubt his arm will be in shape for the start of camp.

John Devine, of the Herald, reports New York Jets QB Chad Pennington (shoulder) spoke to the media while attending the Herman Edwards Football Camp at CSU-Monterey. As previously noted, Pennington played the final seven games of the season with a torn rotator cuff and labrum. As soon as the season ended, he had surgery to repair his right arm, and hopefully, his future. Pennington said he had a bone chip the size of a shark tooth in his arm. "It was such an invasive surgery," Pennington said. "I had to start all over. I couldn't brush my teeth with my right arm for two months. It really breaks you down." Pennington began throwing 15- to 35-yard passes three weeks ago. Gradually, he has begun to throw longer while increasing the number of throws. "He's around 89 percent," Jets head coach Herman Edwards said. "He's a quick healer. He was frustrated because he was immobile for so long." With training camp still four weeks off, Pennington has no doubt his arm will be in shape for the start of camp.

89%? Please tell me that is a typo and that Herm didn't say 89. Seems like an odd % to come up with.

89%? Please tell me that is a typo and that Herm didn't say 89. Seems like an odd % to come up with.

Archived