JN Yanks game - July 10th (Do you want to catch a ball?)

Gang Green Girl

I found this article very helpful. I hope you do, too!

1. Bring rosters of both teams.

It'll help you identify players by their uniform numbers so you can call out to them and ask for balls. You can get the rosters online at MLB.com, then by selecting the teams from the pull-down menu and clicking "roster." Make sure to get the names and numbers of all the coaches, too.

2. Show up early for batting practice.

The stadium is less crowded. Security is less strict. The players are more accessible. Balls are constantly being hit and thrown into the stands. Try to get there before the gates open; so you'll have the whole place to yourself for a few minutes.

3. Bring a glove to the game.

Not only will you save yourself a trip to the first-aid room, but it will show the players that you're there to catch a ball.

4. Bring hats of both teams, and switch back and forth depending on who's on the field.

This is especially important for the visiting team. Players love to spot their "fans" on the road and reward them with baseballs.

5. Call players by their first names.

Speak loudly. Raise your voice an octave to sound younger. Always say "please." Most of the players speak English, but you'll impress the foreigners

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It'll help you identify players by their uniform numbers so you can call out to them and ask for balls. You can get the rosters online at MLB.com, then by selecting the teams from the pull-down menu and clicking "roster." Make sure to get the names and numbers of all the coaches, too.

The stadium is less crowded. Security is less strict. The players are more accessible. Balls are constantly being hit and thrown into the stands. Try to get there before the gates open; so you'll have the whole place to yourself for a few minutes.

Not only will you save yourself a trip to the first-aid room, but it will show the players that you're there to catch a ball.

4. Bring hats of both teams, and switch back and forth depending on who's on the field.

This is especially important for the visiting team. Players love to spot their "fans" on the road and reward them with baseballs.

Speak loudly. Raise your voice an octave to sound younger. Always say "please." Most of the players speak English, but you'll impress the foreigners

Potentially, it could be a problem because Max and Tom have worked feverishly on the seating chart for this big event and, if you want to catch a ball, you may need to change your seats.

But good luck, everyone, and...HEADS UP!!

i didnt think the balls would get up to the seats where we are ;)

Potentially, it could be a problem because Max and Tom have worked feverishly on the seating chart for this big event and, if you want to catch a ball, you may need to change your seats.

But good luck, everyone, and...HEADS UP!!

i didnt think the balls would get up to the seats where we are ;)

Tom got us sweeeeeeet seats. Right near the first base line, three rows up!

You're kidding, right? I have my own tickets, and they are 5 rows behind the Yankee dugout. How far up the 1st base line are you guys?

Tom got us sweeeeeeet seats. Right near the first base line, three rows up!

You're kidding, right? I have my own tickets, and they are 5 rows behind the Yankee dugout. How far up the 1st base line are you guys?

T-Mac, I call you later today. We'd love to meet up with you.

But we're hoping to avoid meeting Tom for beers before the game so please keep this quiet.

If you're trolling for souvies this might not be possible, but what time does Stan's open? I might show up in the neighb to buy all you flunkies a beer.

T-Mac, I call you later today. We'd love to meet up with you.

But we're hoping to avoid meeting Tom for beers before the game so please keep this quiet.

If you're trolling for souvies this might not be possible, but what time does Stan's open? I might show up in the neighb to buy all you flunkies a beer.

Gang Green Girl is giving us advice on how to catch foul balls? Holy micromanagement. And how many foul balls have you caught at games?

Anyone want to bet that she hands out name tags at this outing. The amount of time GGG and Tom spent on the seating chart is mind boggling.

Just let everyone get there and it will all work out. Geez people.

Gang Green Girl is giving us advice on how to catch foul balls? Holy micromanagement. And how many foul balls have you caught at games?

Anyone want to bet that she hands out name tags at this outing. The amount of time GGG and Tom spent on the seating chart is mind boggling.

Just let everyone get there and it will all work out. Geez people.

No offense, but I once caught a ball hit by Barry Bonds. It's worth a lot of money today. It pays to bring a glove. You could get hurt.

Hey Welcome to the site.

But if you are posting a story about Barry Bonds' balls I am not sure this is the right forum.

No offense, but I once caught a ball hit by Barry Bonds. It's worth a lot of money today. It pays to bring a glove. You could get hurt.

Hey Welcome to the site.

But if you are posting a story about Barry Bonds' balls I am not sure this is the right forum.

COngratulations on catching something from Barry Bonds. Yes, I'd imagine that would be worth quite a bit in extortion circles.

COngratulations on catching something from Barry Bonds. Yes, I'd imagine that would be worth quite a bit in extortion circles.

Archived