JN Yanks game - July 10th (Do you want to catch a ball?)

Gang Green Girl

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Derek wil have a lot of idle time on his hands next week since he is not on the all star team- plenty of time to sign autographs

that is just mean, faba! and it is an injustice... another reason NOT to watch the All-Star game!

A glaring omission.

How sad for Derek, actually having to earn an accolade on his own instead of coattailing his way to the All Star roster on the world's most expensive team. Maybe people are starting to look at Jeter objectively now.

How sad for Derek, actually having to earn an accolade on his own instead of coattailing his way to the All Star roster on the world's most expensive team. Maybe people are starting to look at Jeter objectively now.

2000 All Star-Game MVP...that means he was the best player on a field made up entirely of all-stars.

2000 WS MVP...means that he was the best player on the field on baseball's biggest stage. Clutch? You tell me. Coattails? I don't think so.

His stats in '05 are enough to make the team as a backup.

ps. Only player in history to earn both MVPs in the same year.

Piazza being on the all-star team shreds any semblance of credibility that the term "all-star" might once have had.

As a Met fan you certainly would get no argument from me practically all of us that Piazza does not deserve it. It is just a popularity contest- Derek needs more love from you Yankee fans for not voting for him

Piazza being on the all-star team shreds any semblance of credibility that the term "all-star" might once have had.

Just wondering....what NL catcher would you have put on the NL squad?

Im looking at the numbers right now, and every NL catcher is having about the same mediocre season that Piazza is. Ramon Hernandez is about the only one without any glaring holes in his numbers, and that would have been my pick, but one can make an argument for Mike based on a weak field.

OK i cant believe i am taking this back on topic :shock: ( well sort of) but is there a list of those who are going to the game? AND are there any others who are going to the game but not in the group... we should have a roll call of sorts...

Why? Jockeying for a better position? A nose bleed, is a nose bleed, Honey. Doesn't matter who you are sitting next to. Don't sit next to Tom Shane, though. I hear the sight of blood makes him faint.

Why? Jockeying for a better position? A nose bleed, is a nose bleed, Honey. Doesn't matter who you are sitting next to. Don't sit next to Tom Shane, though. I hear the sight of blood makes him faint.

actually i thought if there were others that werent sitting with the group ...they might want to chime in so they could meet up :roll: By the way RJ came...brought his stuff and they demolished baltimore 12-2 today ... nice game :D

Archived