Tice fined for scalping Super Bowl tickets

faba

NFL slaps Tice with $100,000 fine for scalping Super Bowl tickets

June 30, 2005

EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. (AP) -- Minnesota Vikings coach Mike Tice was fined $100,000 by the NFL on Thursday for scalping his Super Bowl tickets.

Running backs coach Dean Dalton and special teams coach Rusty Tillman were also each fined $10,000 for scalping their tickets. Commissioner Paul Tagliabue notified the three coaches of their punishment in a letter.

Tice was on vacation and unavailable for comment, but he issued a statement through the team, in which he said he used ``poor judgment.''

``It will not happen again,'' Tice said. ``I apologize to my family, Commissioner Tagliabue, the NFL, the entire Vikings organization and the fans. I consider this matter closed and remain focused on the upcoming 2005 season, which should be an exciting year for Vikings fans everywhere.''

Tice has acknowledged reselling some of his personal allotment of 12 Super Bowl tickets last season and had also resold his tickets as a Vikings assistant coach from 1996-2001.

Each NFL player and assistant coach has the right to purchase up to two Super Bowl tickets at face value, which this year was $500 and $600 depending on the seat. But they must sign a document saying they won't resell them at a profit.

NFL slaps Tice with $100,000 fine for scalping Super Bowl tickets

June 30, 2005

EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. (AP) -- Minnesota Vikings coach Mike Tice was fined $100,000 by the NFL on Thursday for scalping his Super Bowl tickets.

Running backs coach Dean Dalton and special teams coach Rusty Tillman were also each fined $10,000 for scalping their tickets. Commissioner Paul Tagliabue notified the three coaches of their punishment in a letter.

Tice was on vacation and unavailable for comment, but he issued a statement through the team, in which he said he used ``poor judgment.''

``It will not happen again,'' Tice said. ``I apologize to my family, Commissioner Tagliabue, the NFL, the entire Vikings organization and the fans. I consider this matter closed and remain focused on the upcoming 2005 season, which should be an exciting year for Vikings fans everywhere.''

Tice has acknowledged reselling some of his personal allotment of 12 Super Bowl tickets last season and had also resold his tickets as a Vikings assistant coach from 1996-2001.

Each NFL player and assistant coach has the right to purchase up to two Super Bowl tickets at face value, which this year was $500 and $600 depending on the seat. But they must sign a document saying they won't resell them at a profit.

Greedy bastard, I guess that ate up all of his profits. The way the SB tickets are distributed is an absolute joke.

AFC Champion - 17.5 percent

NFC Champion - 17.5 percent

Host Team - 5.00 percent

Other 29 Teams - 34.8 percent

NFL - 25.2 percent

The NFL takes a full quarter of the tickets to give out to fat cats and backslappers. Also, why do the players from other teams get all those tickets (34.8%). If players want tickets, win your way into the game and they're yours, otherwise F-Off!!

Half the people that get the effin tickets end up scalping them anyway. Bastards! :evil:

Greedy bastard, I guess that ate up all of his profits. The way the SB tickets are distributed is an absolute joke.

AFC Champion - 17.5 percent

NFC Champion - 17.5 percent

Host Team - 5.00 percent

Other 29 Teams - 34.8 percent

NFL - 25.2 percent

The NFL takes a full quarter of the tickets to give out to fat cats and backslappers. Also, why do the players from other teams get all those tickets (34.8%). If players want tickets, win your way into the game and they're yours, otherwise F-Off!!

Half the people that get the effin tickets end up scalping them anyway. Bastards! :evil:

Every time I think that Herman is the stupidest coach in football, I think of Mike Tice and say, well, no, he's tied.

Tice is by far the dumbest. I live in Iowa and even all the Vikings fans around HATE him.....

That's bad..cuz' usually they LOVE everything about the ViQueens....

Every time I think that Herman is the stupidest coach in football, I think of Mike Tice and say, well, no, he's tied.

Tice is by far the dumbest. I live in Iowa and even all the Vikings fans around HATE him.....

That's bad..cuz' usually they LOVE everything about the ViQueens....

Archived