Glenfiddich Bet

RichardSeymour

I haven't been around in a few days, so if you don't want to do the bet, I think you have fair reason not to.....

but I'm willing to agree to the bet if you are.

One bottle of 15 year Glenfidditch to winner, or cash equal to the local purchase price for the winner (discretion of winner and any postal service regs, a scotch of equal or lesser purchase cost to the loser may be substituted at winners discretion).

RS wins if Seymour plays one down of game 1

Bit wins if RS does not play one down of game 1

The bet is void IF

- There is a restructure or extension to Seymours contract signed before the day of game 1.

- Seymour is on IR or inactive for the game due to injury

- Seymour is held out of the game or does not play a down for a reason OTHER than contract issues (suspension, gets in a fight at a stripclub, slips and injures self during warmups, etc.)

Any ambiguity or decision to void the bet(ie. Seymour misses the game but it's not perfectly clear why) will be resolved by Tom Shane (seems like a fair judge to me (Jet fan but friendly to Pats fans), any objections Bit?), at his discretion the payout can be delayed until the circumstances DO become clear.

I'll agree to that bet, though as I said since I took a few days to decide I think it's perfectly reasonable for you to decline if you want. Let me know if you want amendments.

I haven't been around in a few days, so if you don't want to do the bet, I think you have fair reason not to.....

but I'm willing to agree to the bet if you are.

One bottle of 15 year Glenfidditch to winner, or cash equal to the local purchase price for the winner (discretion of winner and any postal service regs, a scotch of equal or lesser purchase cost to the loser may be substituted at winners discretion).

RS wins if Seymour plays one down of game 1

Bit wins if RS does not play one down of game 1

The bet is void IF

- There is a restructure or extension to Seymours contract signed before the day of game 1.

- Seymour is on IR or inactive for the game due to injury

- Seymour is held out of the game or does not play a down for a reason OTHER than contract issues (suspension, gets in a fight at a stripclub, slips and injures self during warmups, etc.)

Any ambiguity or decision to void the bet(ie. Seymour misses the game but it's not perfectly clear why) will be resolved by Tom Shane (seems like a fair judge to me (Jet fan but friendly to Pats fans), any objections Bit?), at his discretion the payout can be delayed until the circumstances DO become clear.

I'll agree to that bet, though as I said since I took a few days to decide I think it's perfectly reasonable for you to decline if you want. Let me know if you want amendments.

Did the Posten brothers sign off on the wording of that bet? :shock:

Let me know if you want amendments.

You've already taken a simple bet and turned it into a "War & Peace" style legal document, now you are looking for amendments??? :shock: Are you making a bet or are you rewriting the Constitution? If there is a dispute, this could be in the courts for years.

You've already taken a simple bet and turned it into a "War & Peace" style legal document, now you are looking for amendments??? :shock: Are you making a bet or are you rewriting the Constitution? If there is a dispute, this could be in the courts for years.

Wise man say, when betting with Bitonti, be specific.

1) Better off getting all the details down in the first place--- as constituted there's no way I can see where me or Bit could reasonably argue as to who won the bet and end up p***** off, or feeling that someone welshed. I wrote that out (took about 2 minutes mind you, and off the top of my head, this is not some well laid plan.... nothing's well laid right now since my girlfriend is in Iceland...) specifically to prevent any possibility of a reasonable dispute.

2) I'm NOT looking for amendments, just offering Bit the chance to suggest any minor changes if something in there seems unfair to him or if he wants a clarification. Seems only fair.

Sadly, it is needed when bets are entered between Jets and Patriots fans.

A bet and it's after affects are far more divisive on a messageboard then the hatred we respectively feel for each others team.

Were you a part of JI for the signature bet of 2002?

Sadly, it is needed when bets are entered between Jets and Patriots fans.

A bet and it's after affects are far more divisive on a messageboard then the hatred we respectively feel for each others team.

Were you a part of JI for the signature bet of 2002?

I was not and maybe that is the missing piece that would bring some clarity to the legal wrangling going on now. I'd love to know what happened (Cliffs Notes version). T-Mac may have the best solution, holding the bottle in escrow. However, if his avatar is any indication, the bottle may be empty by the time the bet is satisfied. :lol:

could someone elaborate for those of us who were still aimlessly wandering around the internet and still not found our way in 2002?

Gladly.

There was a bet between the Jets and Patriots fans on the two games that were played in 2002.

Losing team's fans had to put a signature stating the other teams greatnees with a bunch of fluff. If their team lost again, the bet would stay on until the draft. If their team won the second game, the other team would change the signature until the draft.

The Patriots won the first game 44-7.

Some Jets' fans disappeared from the board, ignored the bet altogther and others like Bob threw in a disclaimer on his signature.

Of course as we all know, the Jets won the second match.

Of course when it came time to change our signatures, some Patriots fans, like myself for instance, thought that the Jets' fans renegged on the bet because they did not honor the true intentions of the bet like the examples given above. For example, I put the bet up in Spanish and German, but the same Jet fans that did not honor the bet were whining about it.

There was a week or so of child like banter between the two sides that sounded like two five year olds arguing, but the Patriots fans eventually took the high road.

It behooves the parties involved to have every possible detail covered.

How fitting.

Not suprised whatsoever you welched on the bet.

Shows your true colors you welching Chowd bastard. :Eat:

Oh, look the patron saint for stupidity decided to chime in. :roll:

So the Jets' fans are welching scum of NY bastards?

Oh, look the patron saint for stupidity decided to chime in. :roll:

So the Jets' fans are welching scum of NY bastards?

Look in the mirror welcher.

You are responsible for your own word....which is obviously means sh*t!!

Don't worry what others do...have some pride and honor YOUR bet. If someone else doesn't honor the bet, does it mean you shouldn't.

What a freaking lame excuse of a man you are, you WELCHING PATSIE PRICK!!

Look in the mirror welcher.

You are responsible for your own word....which is obviously means Sh#t!!

Don't worry what others do...have some pride and honor YOUR bet. If someone else doesn't honor the bet, does it mean you shouldn't.

What a freaking lame excuse of a man you are, you WELCHING PATSIE PRICK!!

Idiot. I did honor the bet. :roll:

Which is more then I can say for some of your brethren. So I guess you fit in quite well.

I was part of that bet.

I remember some of them " because of a bet, I must say " Pats rule, Jets suck" something like that. Because it was a Jets board, it was okay to post with a qualifier. So, when it was time for the Pats fans to pay up, I wrote "because of a bet, I must say Jets rule, Pats drool." Of course, after my first post - I was told that it was not in the "spirit" of the bet. I changed it. Although I argued that I was mimicking what Jets fans did, the person was correct. It was not in the "spirit" of the bet. So, I changed it immediately. Apparently, Jets fans want you to do as they say, but not as they do.

Apparently, Jets fans want you to do as they say, but not as they do.
Seems only fair. Didn't we discuss this before?

But seriously, the bet was honored by very few ON EITHER side. Why even propose such a thing UNLESS it benefits the hosts here?

• 3 weeks later...

RS I honestly missed this thread until now.

You know me, I love action! How can I refuse? =D>

before I agree I would like to make a small ammendment - if Richard Seymour gets traded, the bet is off. Not likely but possible.

The bet is accepted, pending that ammenedment.

Tom Shane as arbitrator is fine.

Im psyched for some scotch!

RS I honestly missed this thread until now.

You know me, I love action! How can I refuse? =D>

before I agree I would like to make a small ammendment - if Richard Seymour gets traded, the bet is off. Not likely but possible.

The bet is accepted, pending that ammenedment.

Tom Shane as arbitrator is fine.

Im psyched for some scotch!

I was thinking that probably happened, both because you don't seem like the type not to back it up, and because I specifically said I wouldn't hold it against you if you backed out.

Your amendment is perfectly reasonable, and is agreed.

The bet is on. Make sure you wrap my scotch in bubble wrap before you ship it, I wouldn't want it to break.

I was also part of that bet in 02. There was a sh*tload of complaining. I held up my end fair and square and felt insulted when some pats fans started complaining about their sig's due to Jets fans "welching". Although I'd say 90% of the Jets fans who made that bet held up to their end of the bargain. Need to less say that was the last year of that bet, anyone feeling up to it for 2005?

Archived