Would Chad still be starting if our O Line was at least decent?

D-MONEY87

Chad sucks, even with the best o-line in the league he still makes 20 check-downs a game and scores only 10 points.

Not true, with a better o line we would score more points, but I think our record would be about the same. Maybe a win or 2 more. Our defensive and offensive line are what is holding us back.

Depends on just how better it actually is. If it's very good then we are heading to the PO's with Chad at QB right now.

I said it before the season, no QB could win with that O-line.

You might be right but that means our coaching staff and GM suck then. Look at the Colts starting OL for half this season and you can't honestly say it was any better on paper than the Jets. A rookie, a practice squad player, some other unknown player starting and yet they only have 2 losses.

Blaming the OL for every problem is just an excuse. The reality is the OL does suck, but the QB, whether it's been Chad or KC, has sucked. The running backs have sucked. THe WR have sucked. The TE has sucked. THe defense has sucked. The coaching staff has sucked.

Saying 'if only they fixed the OL everything would be better' is like saying 'if only we had a kid our relationship would be better.' It just doesn't work that way.

The problem this season is the Offense has been too conservative and Mangini has been a bad coach. Add that to a bad OL, an avg or worse QB, avg WR's, an avg RB, and a bad defense and you have a 3-13 or 4-12 season. I thought 2005 sucked, but at least there were legit excuses that year. This season it honestly feels like we are back in the Rich Kotite era. Lets hope next season they improve.

You might be right but that means our coaching staff and GM suck then. Look at the Colts starting OL for half this season and you can't honestly say it was any better on paper than the Jets. A rookie, a practice squad player, some other unknown player starting and yet they only have 2 losses.

Blaming the OL for every problem is just an excuse. The reality is the OL does suck, but the QB, whether it's been Chad or KC, has sucked. The running backs have sucked. THe WR have sucked. The TE has sucked. THe defense has sucked. The coaching staff has sucked.

Saying 'if only they fixed the OL everything would be better' is like saying 'if only we had a kid our relationship would be better.' It just doesn't work that way.

The problem this season is the Offense has been too conservative and Mangini has been a bad coach. Add that to a bad OL, an avg or worse QB, avg WR's, an avg RB, and a bad defense and you have a 3-13 or 4-12 season. I thought 2005 sucked, but at least there were legit excuses that year. This season it honestly feels like we are back in the Rich Kotite era. Lets hope next season they improve.

I know, that's why I have blamed them for this.

I think with a decent O-line Chad would never have lost his starting job. Clemens has had the same or maybe even less success than Penny has had this season with this horrendous offensive line. What do you guys think?

NO. Kellen is Mangini's and Tannenbaum's guy, at some point this year he was going to be the starter. Chad brought most of his problems on himself. Better line play would not have really made a big difference.

NO. Kellen is Mangini's and Tannenbaum's guy, at some point this year he was going to be the starter.

Is that a joke???

They took a lon long time in benching Chad. Far longer than I though, if anything this season proevs that Mangini and Tannenbaum did not think Kellen was their guy otherwise Chad would've been benched for 'their guy' a heck of a lot sooner.

Is that a joke???

They took a lon long time in benching Chad. Far longer than I though, if anything this season proevs that Mangini and Tannenbaum did not think Kellen was their guy otherwise Chad would've been benched for 'their guy' a heck of a lot sooner.

No joke. They had a very specific plan for Clemens in place and tried to stick with it. I actually think that Chad's horrible play brought Kellen in a little sooner than they wanted.

the bottom line is that defenses know how to play Chad..well good defenses at least...you need to be able to stretch the field and not with gadget plays and smoke and mirrors. With a good O Line alot would be different like TJs rushing yards

Agree and this discussion should be put to bed once and for all. Big Chad fan but he is a get you to the play-offs QB and that's it. That's not a opinion , it's fact based on what we have seen. Sure in the perfect storm with a top 3 defense, top 3 RB and bigtime playmaker at WR he could win a SB but how often does a team have all those components?

He still looks head and shoulders better than Clemens but we need patience there.

Sooner or later if you are to be considered a annual SB threat you need a QB who can win you one or two games a season after being down big entering the 4th Qtr.

Chad cannot.

Archived