Which Jets player has impressed you the most?

D-MONEY87

I have to admit, our 1st round pick Darelle Revis has really impressed me. He's getting better and learning more everyday on the pro level. I can see him becoming a shut down Cornerback really soon. He's shown he can do it by stepping up against some of the best opposing receivers and shutting them down. He's shut down Randy Moss, and except for that late TD catch in the 4th quarter he's shut down Terrell Owens. This kid has a bright future ahead of him and I can't wait to see him progress even more next year. I think we definitely did the right move by trading up to get this guy. Which player has impressed you guys the most this season?

Revis has been a pleasant surprise especially given his late start but TBH David Harris actually gives me some hope for the future-hope and being impressed has come sparingly this season

Besides Revis and Harris only two players on the entire roster have impressed me in that they have contributed so much more than I expected and who I expect to be part of the Jets' resurrection: Abram Elam and Chris Baker - Baker is too slow but really has very good hands and I like the energy Elam brings to the defense.

Off hand I cant think of another player on the team who has overachieved. The FA class was a joke, not a bargain in the bunch.

Besides for Revis and Harris, the guy i liked the best this year was Sione Pouha. I really like the play of Kenyon Coleman. Although his work doesn't show up in the stat sheets he has played pretty well all year. Another guy I liked all year was Eric Smith, I think he needs to see more time.

Impressed me in a good way or impressed me in a bad way? The defensive line impressed me with how bad they were. I did not think it was possible for a defensive line to suck that much their dedication to suck was very impressive. Harris and Revis were impressive since I thought they were gonna suck when we blew our whole load to get them.

Besides for Revis and Harris, the guy i liked the best this year was Sione Pouha. I really like the play of Kenyon Coleman. Although his work doesn't show up in the stat sheets he has played pretty well all year. Another guy I liked all year was Eric Smith, I think he needs to see more time.

Harris and Revis have played well but agree that Pouha has showed a little more than expected the last half of the year.

Well Revis and Harris were impressive as I mentioned above with an honorable mention to Bowens, I expect Rhodes to give what he did in the second half of the season and Leon we knew was a game-breaker, but I will also add another honorable mention to Chris Baker, the guy just doesnt drop a thing.

I wouldn't argue with any of the players mentioned so far. But did you see Mangold push A Haynesworth backwards on Sunday? Mangold is a beast! - and smart too.

That play was amazing. I have never seen a DT do that to Mangold, and before this weekend I thought he had seen the best DT's the league had to offer. That one play was ridiculous, Haynesworth jumped so fast off the ball, and used sheer power to knock Mangold back. Excellent technique and use of hands, he would be amazing as a DE in our system. I have to think though, is his strong play because of a contract year?

Harris hasn't surprised me because, well, I'm a Michigan fan and watched him for a couple of years in Ann Arbor. I didn't think he would play as well as quickly as he has, but I knew he had it in him to become a good NFL player. He just always looked like an NFL linebacker.

Revis, he has impressed me the most, even though I had believed all along that he was better than Michgian's Leon Hall (who is in Cincinnati). The way he has played so far has been flat out impressive. He is going to be the number one Corner on this team for, hopefully, a decade plus.

Archived