2006 Draft

Xonraider

I know its a bit early but who do you consider the best prospect for the '06 Draft, and who would you like your team to draft?

I consider the top prospect is:

D'Bracshaw Ferguson from Virginia

And I want the Raider to get :

DE Mathias Kiwanuka, or LB A.J Hawk, but I think our pick will be too late for them.. (I hope :D)

The Jets will most likely have a 15-20 pick in next year's draft. I'd like to see them take the best OLT prospect that drops. Could be Winston, it could be McNeill. If there's some insane rush on OL before the Jets pick, I'd take the best available running back.

The Jets will most likely have a 15-20 pick in next year's draft. I'd like to see them take the best OLT prospect that drops. Could be Winston, it could be McNeill. If there's some insane rush on OL before the Jets pick, I'd take the best available running back.

I hope you're wrong about that 15-20 slot predicition. The last thing this team needs is to take a step back. :)

i kinda hope we go after a RB in the first.. I guess Reggie Bush would be my first choice but i wouldnt be too upset if we ended up with DeAngelo Williams. other than that maybe an OLB, OT (deep class) we might be in the position to draft the BPA

I dunno, I'm just not enamored with Reggie Bush. I think he's a GREAT college player, but does the guy even have a set position?

He kinda reminds me of a lesser torry holt as a WR and a far lesser Marshall Faulk as an running back. To me he looks like a wide reciever running a reverse every time he touches the ball outa the backfield. I dunno why, but something tells me, unless he gets bigger, he'll never be a great pro RB. I could be wrong, but I'm not diggin reggie bush as it stands right now. Maybe he'll show something different this season.

bit, how many hours a week do you dedicate to DD.com?

honestly it depends on the time of year - right now - not too many. Maybe 5 per week. Maybe less. I should be using the down time to organize and re-do parts of the site but it doesn't seem to happen that way.

I gotta admit it gets kinda crazy in draft season (roughly Jan to end of Apr) - there is alot more content to get up. During peak time it would not be crazy to spend 20 hours a week maybe more. I do radio shows sometimes, that adds to the hours, also writers like GJ&H have content that needs to go up.

Also I have plans to attend the Senior Bowl and other college games this year so the hours are going up from year to year! Im not Rob Rang, Tony Pauline or Mel Kiper but maybe one day that site will occupy be all my time! at least that's the dream.

Im not Rob Rang, Tony Pauline or Mel Kiper but maybe one day that site will occupy be all my time! at least that's the dream.

You have a quality, in depth site.

Congrats.

It was pretty cool hearing DD.com get a plug on Houston's SportsRadio station.

Tom nailed it. Take as good a Tackle (preferably a Left tackle) that we can get at our spot. Call me a broken record, but I think young Mr. Turnstile Jones will be a severe problem for us in 05'.

Beyond that, I see Abe playing elsewhere in 2006 (don't ask how, but I see that coming). Thomas is no replacement, so DE will be a high-round need.

Running Back too.......Martin will hit the wall eventually, and I'm not sold on Blaylock or our late-rounder. 2005 will show us more on them, of course. :roll:

And it seems we're going to need cornerbacks forever, so why not one or three in the mid-to-late rounds, eh?

patsfantex thanks for the words. call it like we see it, ya know? it's turned into my online notebook - when someone says what do you think about X, I can check and see :D

For what it's worth I'm honestly happy the Pats won the SB last year. If it's not the NYJ why not keep it in the best division in the NFL? Jets aren't playing, it really shouldn't affect who wins that year. So congrats right back to you buddy. ;)

good to hear getting a plug in houston - apparently they plugged it on WEEI in Boston as well! hearing these things second hand is pretty cool.

DD.com wouldn't be nearly as good without Riggins44, GJ&H and all the others in the shoutouts section.

http://www.draftdaddy.com/aboutUs.cfm

warfish i hate to rebut every single point you made but I'm afraid that's what I'm about to do :mrgreen:

-Bryan Thomas is a starter in the league with upside. He isn't a sack artist but that's not the only way to judge talent. Look at BAL @ NYJ 2004, his best game as a JET - his play speaks for itself. BT doesn't get reps, that's a function of the two all-pro mid first rounders he plays behind not the fact that he sucks.

-people have been predicting Curtis Martin's demise every single year for about 4 years and he just won the rushing title. Consider me impressed, this man can carry the ball until he loses a step. Houston has potential, and Blaylock has good experience for a backup. I would be surprised if the Jets went RB high next year.

-as for their 2006 1st round pick (the topic at hand) i agree with you they need to draft a tackle -it is where the value is in the round could be the deepest crop for years - but not to replace Jones, because of Fabini.

the players at the OT position that I will be watching the most closely next year are Daryn Colledge of Boise State and Dbrick. Don't get me wrong - E Winston of Miami, M McNeil of Auburn, W Justice of USC, J Scott of Texas, A Whitworth of LSU - these are all possible first round grades -

-talk about a bumper crop!

but as I said earlier - Brick is #1 - plus from Long Island so I have to watch him extra close out of hometown pride if nothing else ;)

Colledge isn't as flashy as some of these other names but I think he's a solid bet to be a quality pro. He's got a great motor.

darynColledge.jpg

http://draftdaddy.com/prospects/top2006Seniors.cfm

-Bryan Thomas is a starter in the league with upside.

Every time I see the word "upside" I cringe. We've been waiting FOUR YEARS for that "upside" from our 1st rounder to pay off, and it hasn't happened. I tend to judge a player by PRODUCTION, and Bryan Thomas has merely been servicable in a backup role and a decent run-stopper when he has played. Call me crazy, but that sounds more like what you'd get from a round 3-5 pick, NOT a 1st rounder.

I tend to judge a player by PRODUCTION, and Bryan Thomas has merely been servicable in a backup role and a decent run-stopper when he has played. Call me crazy, but that sounds more like what you'd get from a round 3-5 pick, NOT a 1st rounder.

alan Harper is what you get from a round 3-5 pick ;)

also it's tough to have production when you don't get reps. BT has had many "near sacks" and many QB hurries - like Ellis in 2002, he earns his keep contributing to the pass rush in ways that aren't kept in the major media. The idea that Bryan Thomas sucks is one of the biggest misconceptions in Jet land.

also it's tough to have production when you don't get reps. BT has had many "near sacks" and many QB hurries - like Ellis in 2002, he earns his keep contributing to the pass rush in ways that aren't kept in the major media. The idea that Bryan Thomas sucks is one of the biggest misconceptions in Jet land.

All I'm saying is, if BT had so much potential, we would have traded away John Abraham when we had the chance, or at least have discussed it.

All I'm saying is, if BT had so much potential, we would have traded away John Abraham when we had the chance, or at least have discussed it.

Random side question. If Jones comes in and dominates at RT this year (not saying itll happen but play along...) do you consider moving him to LT next year, since people rave about his athletic ability which might be better suited on the left side?

Random side question. If Jones comes in and dominates at RT this year (not saying itll happen but play along...) do you consider moving him to LT next year, since people rave about his athletic ability which might be better suited on the left side?

Matt Leinhart is the top prospect.

Chris Leak if he decides to come out after his Junior season is another one to watch as well as Vince Young and the RB from Memphis and D'Brickshaw Ferguson from VA.

Matt Leinhart is the top prospect.

Chris Leak if he decides to come out after his Junior season is another one to watch as well as Vince Young and the RB from Memphis and D'Brickshaw Ferguson from VA.

OT Greg Eslinger, Minnesota, should be near the top of our list. This kid is amazing and fits in perfectly with our sceme as he is very mobile. Great pulling center who we could plug in at OG for a few years until Mawae decides to hang 'em up.

OT Greg Eslinger, Minnesota, should be near the top of our list. This kid is amazing and fits in perfectly with our sceme as he is very mobile. Great pulling center who we could plug in at OG for a few years until Mawae decides to hang 'em up.

Definetly. I would do that.

I don't understand the Jets thinking in all of this.

They go after a sh*tty fat lard a** like Jonas Jennings so they can replace Fabini at left tackle, but they don't sign Jennings, so they get stuck with Fabini.

They rave about Adrian Jones atheletic ability and how much he has improved in 1 season, and Herm even was quoted as saying Jones would start at LT. But soon after they announced Jones would start at LT.

Seems to me, we have our RT at LT, and our LT at RT.

Definetly. I would do that.

I don't understand the Jets thinking in all of this.

They go after a sh*tty fat lard a** like Jonas Jennings so they can replace Fabini at left tackle, but they don't sign Jennings, so they get stuck with Fabini.

They rave about Adrian Jones atheletic ability and how much he has improved in 1 season, and Herm even was quoted as saying Jones would start at LT. But soon after they announced Jones would start at LT.

Seems to me, we have our RT at LT, and our LT at RT.

Archived