heath ledger found dead...

gg

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree, it wasn't one of his big hits but I enjoyed that movie.

That's a good movie. First thing i saw him in was 10 Things I Hate About You. Guy has always been a favorite actor of mine even though i never saw the cowboy movie. Batman was looking pretty damn good though. This is very sad.

That's a good movie. First thing i saw him in was 10 Things I Hate About You. Guy has always been a favorite actor of mine even though i never saw the cowboy movie. Batman was looking pretty damn good though. This is very sad.

He was good in the Patriot also

January 22, 2008 -- Actor Heath Ledger was found dead today in his Broome Street apartment, apparently from a drug overdose.

Ledger, 28, was well known for his role in "Brokeback Mountain," and he stars in the upcoming "The Dark Knight" Batman movie as the Joker.

He split last year from wife, Michelle Williams, with whom he has a daughter, Matilda.

His apartment was strewn with sleeping pills and it was unclear if it was an intentional or accidental death.

His housekeeper tried to wake Ledger up for a massage appointment and found him unresponsive at 3:20 p.m.

She then called paramedics at 3:26 p.m. and father of one was pronounced dead at 3:35 p.m.

Ledger's early career as an actor was marked by small roles in several independent features in his home country of Australia.

He broke onto the international movie scene in 1999 with his turn as the brooding high-school heart-throb who captures Julia Stiles' attention in "10 Things I Hate About You." After starring roles in "The Patriot," "A Knight's Tale," and "The Brothers Grimm," Ledger earned critical acclaim with his poignant performance as a gay cattle rancher in director Ang Lee's "Brokeback Mountain," for which he was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Actor.

In 2007, he appeared in the independent film "I'm Not There," as one of many incarnations of Bob Dylan. He recently wrapped filming on 'The Dark Knight,' the sequel to 'Batman Begins,' in which he plays the villainous Joker. His most recent role was in director Terry Gilliam's 'The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus,' which is listed as still "in production" on imdb.com.

Ledger's love life earned him as many headlines as his acting career. He has been romantically linked to such A-list starlets as Naomi Watts and Heather Graham. He has a daughter, Matilda Rose, with actress Michelle Williams. The couple, praised for their down-to-earth lifestyle in Brooklyn's Carroll Gardens, announced their split earlier this year.

Don't take this the wrong way guys...

I am glad he at least finished his work on "The Dark Knight", because most of the internet buzz is that he did a phenomenal job as the Joker. It will be his last role, and more than likely the one he is remembered for because more people are going to see this movie than anything else he was in.

i was just talking with a friend that we have only a few really good to great actors in my generation, damon, hoffman, norton, w smith and ledger...that was the list we came up with anyway. It's really sad to see someone with so much talent go to waste.

He's probably in a better place, so in the light, good for him.

I am glad he at least finished his work on "The Dark Knight", because most of the internet buzz is that he did a phenomenal job as the Joker. It will be his last role, and more than likely the one he is remembered for because more people are going to see this movie than anything else he was in.

I feel bad about this too...however has it been confirmed that he finished it? Honestly it looks like he really got into the role....he looked so bad ass.

RIP

i was just talking with a friend that we have only a few really good to great actors in my generation, damon, hoffman, norton, w smith and ledger...that was the list we came up with anyway. It's really sad to see someone with so much talent go to waste.

He's probably in a better place, so in the light, good for him.

Johnny Depp is pretty good.

It may have also been the role that killed him. Supposedly the role was very tough on him and he was only able to sleep a couple hours a night throughout the shooting of the film and up until now.

Archived