2008 NFL Draft Thread

nylandingstrip

Not saying that,.... but the idea that you just trade down and get more raffle tickets basically is retarded... you have a stud there.. you grab him.. why try and take more shots later on in the draft and try and hope to find a top 10 talent rather then just grab one..

btw add Dbrick that top 5 bust list

Retarded? That's harsh coming from a fellow Jet fan.

Still, I will engage you (because I love this stuff): Based on the value chart, Dallas would have to trade TWO first round picks AND a third to (more or less) equal the #6. That's three starting calibre players in exchange for one, whether Gholston or McFadden.

We are talking about an elite OT (many to choose from at #22) and potentially defenders like Groves, Balmer, Talib ... all guys that would have immediate impact on the Jets. You like offense? There might be guys like Mendenhall and a slew of big WRs. You may not like it but its not retarded.

Still, I will engage you (because I love this stuff): Based on the value chart, Dallas would have to trade TWO first round picks AND a third to (more or less) equal the #6. That's three starting calibre players in exchange for one, whether Gholston or McFadden.

We are talking about an elite OT (many to choose from at #22) and potentially defenders like Groves, Balmer, Talib ... all guys that would have immediate impact on the Jets. You like offense? There might be guys like Mendenhall and a slew of big WRs. You may not like it but its not retarded.

Ya know what..if you tell me they will select a Big Wr like sweed or hardy and get mendenhall..and draft flacco with the second I would do it.... this tems offense is horrible... when you upgrade the offense..watch how better the defense is when they dont spend most of there time on the field...

sign assante and thats a beginning.. revis & assante? all i can say is wow..

Btw..think of this senerio...and as a fellow jet fan u have to admit this totally possible....

Mcfadden drops to us... The crowd is screaming DMC! DMC! DMC! wait.. comissioner says we have a trade... Cowboys are on the clock.. they waste no time and select mcfadden...

For the next 5 to 10 years.. we get to watch mcfadden run his way into the ring of honor... mvp of a couple superbowls... and our o-lineman is ok at best... nothing special.. and the running back we take is like an adrian murrell..not bad but not really a playmaker... and as for that third round pick? LOL he gets cut after a few years....

IF YOU ARE A REAL JET FAN SUCH AS ME..YOU KNOW THAT IS NOT JUST POSSIBLE..ITS LIKELY..

Of course you know Jones is insane for DMC, so we could easily get Barber out of him. I love DMC but Barber/Washington would also rock. Frankly this should be an awesome draft for us, we're gonna end up with someone we want, because there is no way someone we need isn't there, or we'll be able to claim a kings ransom for DMC from Jones. If he doesn't want to, we have to pick DMC if he's there...no way in hell the Pats pass on him.

Ya know what..if you tell me they will select a Big Wr like sweed or hardy and get mendenhall..and draft flacco with the second I would do it.... this tems offense is horrible... when you upgrade the offense..watch how better the defense is when they dont spend most of there time on the field...

sign assante and thats a beginning.. revis & assante? all i can say is wow..

Btw..think of this senerio...and as a fellow jet fan u have to admit this totally possible....

Mcfadden drops to us... The crowd is screaming DMC! DMC! DMC! wait.. comissioner says we have a trade... Cowboys are on the clock.. they waste no time and select mcfadden...

For the next 5 to 10 years.. we get to watch mcfadden run his way into the ring of honor... mvp of a couple superbowls... and our o-lineman is ok at best... nothing special.. and the running back we take is like an adrian murrell..not bad but not really a playmaker... and as for that third round pick? LOL he gets cut after a few years....

IF YOU ARE A REAL JET FAN SUCH AS ME..YOU KNOW THAT IS NOT JUST POSSIBLE..ITS LIKELY..

Yes. Your scenario is entirely possible. And certainly there will be much booing if it happens. But, hopefully, you no longer think me retarded for suggesting the Jets would be better off trading the pick. Incidentally, the Jets could trade down two spots to the Ravens in exchange for a third round pick. It doesnt have to be a drastic move.

One more thing. Generally, I would love to see them draft defense. And I like Clemens. But I think it would be incredibly exciting if they drafted Flacco.

Yes. Your scenario is entirely possible. And certainly there will be much booing if it happens. But, hopefully, you no longer think me retarded for suggesting the Jets would be better off trading the pick. Incidentally, the Jets could trade down two spots to the Ravens in exchange for a third round pick. It doesnt have to be a drastic move.

One more thing. Generally, I would love to see them draft defense. And I like Clemens. But I think it would be incredibly exciting if they drafted Flacco.

Nah Bro... I dont think you are retarded.. Ya know im a firm believer if your guy is there..you pick him no matter what... You know tangini are both salivating over guys already... only they know....

Im just sick of us not having a idenity... a player that reps our team.. that is our idenity.. i am all for bringing shockey here..someone that can catch and stretch the field.. somone that has some fire in him..

Archived