Website Updates & New Server Information

tommccabe

Hello there!

Some of you may not know me but some of you may know me as the wee techno creature. I'm just someone who helps out a bit with behind the scenes here.

The reason the site was taken down for the past hour was because of our move to our new dedicated server. You will notice an increase in speed and response time of the site. Downtime from here on out should be minimal.

One thing you will notice is a change in the address bar of your browser. Right now you will see the numbers 216.32.94.43 instead of Jetnation.com. This is a temporary thing as the domain name itself switches to the new server. This will take two days but you won't notice any difference as you will still be able to access the site using jetnation.com.

We have made some changes in the main page with the most major one being that we are now carrying a newsfeed provided by SportSpyder.com. This provides us with links to the latest New York Jets headlines from major newspapers and websites (including the NY Daily News, NY Post, NY Times, USA Today, and many more). Other changes are in the works are we prepare for the new season.

Everything should be working fine now but please, if you notice any quirky behaivor or problems with the new server, please let me know.

Thanks!

Hello there!

Some of you may not know me but some of you may know me as the wee techno creature. I'm just someone who helps out a bit with behind the scenes here.

The reason the site was taken down for the past hour was because of our move to our new dedicated server. You will notice an increase in speed and response time of the site. Downtime from here on out should be minimal.

One thing you will notice is a change in the address bar of your browser. Right now you will see the numbers 216.32.94.43 instead of Jetnation.com. This is a temporary thing as the domain name itself switches to the new server. This will take two days but you won't notice any difference as you will still be able to access the site using jetnation.com.

We have made some changes in the main page with the most major one being that we are now carrying a newsfeed provided by SportSpyder.com. This provides us with links to the latest New York Jets headlines from major newspapers and websites (including the NY Daily News, NY Post, NY Times, USA Today, and many more). Other changes are in the works are we prepare for the new season.

Everything should be working fine now but please, if you notice any quirky behaivor or problems with the new server, please let me know.

Thanks!

Hello there!

Thanks!

=D>=D>=D>

Hello there!

Thanks!

=D>=D>=D>

TomMcCabe...

Thanks for your work on the move to the new server. I am pretty psyched about the Jet News feeds. Makes it easier to get all the Jet articles in one place IMO.

Also the new server seems MUCH faster. We started off on a shared server but a dedicated solution was needed.

Long live JetNation!

TomMcCabe...

Thanks for your work on the move to the new server. I am pretty psyched about the Jet News feeds. Makes it easier to get all the Jet articles in one place IMO.

Also the new server seems MUCH faster. We started off on a shared server but a dedicated solution was needed.

Long live JetNation!

Sounds like there are some positive changes going on, with the newsfeeds sounding especially good. Just one problem: I can't seem to locate the new naked chick forum! Can someone help me out?

I wanted to do that. But Tom has his heart set on the JN Guy Next Door Contest.

Stay tuned I will let you know which direction we settle on!

Sounds like there are some positive changes going on, with the newsfeeds sounding especially good. Just one problem: I can't seem to locate the new naked chick forum! Can someone help me out?

I wanted to do that. But Tom has his heart set on the JN Guy Next Door Contest.

Stay tuned I will let you know which direction we settle on!

Hey some people are having problems hitting the server from work. Because jetnation.com is still on the old server and this one is being access via script.

Some companies block any sites that don't have a name. Since we are hitting this via IP 216.32.xx.xx it may be a problem.

If so it won't last. The name change (DNS) takes 24 - 48 hours. Once that time has passed www.jetnation.com will take you directly to the new server.

Sorry for any inconvience!

Hey some people are having problems hitting the server from work. Because jetnation.com is still on the old server and this one is being access via script.

Some companies block any sites that don't have a name. Since we are hitting this via IP 216.32.xx.xx it may be a problem.

If so it won't last. The name change (DNS) takes 24 - 48 hours. Once that time has passed www.jetnation.com will take you directly to the new server.

That may include me, I could not get on today...just saw this thread. Anyway congrats on the upgrade, hopefully I can get on tomorrow. =D>

That may include me, I could not get on today...just saw this thread. Anyway congrats on the upgrade, hopefully I can get on tomorrow. =D>

HAng in there one more day. It looks like the D.N.S. changes won't go into place until Wednesday!

HAng in there one more day. It looks like the D.N.S. changes won't go into place until Wednesday!

Yeah - and since flashyourrack.com is down too, it really puts a crimp in good babeage. C'mon guys help some brothers out.

Yeah - and since flashyourrack.com is down too, it really puts a crimp in good babeage. C'mon guys help some brothers out.

Still working on the Avatar issue. Hope to have that resolved soon.

Also if anyone is having time problems (no Herm jokes please) you need to update your profile to GMT-5 (for East Coast Time). If you are in a different time zone simply increase by 1. Meaning if you are GMT-3 change it to GMT-4.

Then the board time will be correct. Let me know if you have any problems or questions!!!

Thanks.

Still working on the Avatar issue. Hope to have that resolved soon.

Also if anyone is having time problems (no Herm jokes please) you need to update your profile to GMT-5 (for East Coast Time). If you are in a different time zone simply increase by 1. Meaning if you are GMT-3 change it to GMT-4.

Then the board time will be correct. Let me know if you have any problems or questions!!!

Thanks.

Just wanted to bump this one more time in case anyone didn't see the Time fix (see post above).

The Avatar problem has been found. And should be resolved shortly!

Thanks for your patience.

Just wanted to bump this one more time in case anyone didn't see the Time fix (see post above).

The Avatar problem has been found. And should be resolved shortly!

Thanks for your patience.

Archived