Looks like we won't have to be defending Randy McMichael

SoFlaJets

Dolphins' McMichael arrested following alleged altercation with wife

July 11, 2005

GROVETOWN, Ga. (AP) -- Miami Dolphins tight end Randy McMichael is facing charges for the second time in 13 months for allegedly hitting his wife.

McMichael was arrested early Saturday morning in Columbia County after witnesses told police that he had given his wife, Cawanna, a bloody nose.

The 26-year-old McMichael was taken to the Columbia County Detention Center, where he was charged with simple battery and criminal trespass. McMichael was released just before 7 a.m. Saturday after posting a $2,200 bond, according to jail records.

According to the police report, McMichael acknowledged he had two glasses of wine and several beers before arguing with his wife, but he refused to take a field Breathalyzer test.

Cawanna McMichael, 22, told police the contact with her husband was an accident as he was throwing some of her belongings out of their 1984 Cadillac Coupe de Ville.

Four witnesses told police they saw McMichael throw his wife from the car. One witness told police he saw the athlete throw his wife away from the vehicle several times, according to the report.

Cawanna McMichael was treated at the scene.

Prosecutors decided not to file charges after McMichael was arrested in June 2004 and accused of hitting his wife. McMichael had been charged with aggravated battery on a pregnant woman, a second-degree felony that is punishable by up to 15 years in prison.

Dolphins' McMichael arrested following alleged altercation with wife

July 11, 2005

GROVETOWN, Ga. (AP) -- Miami Dolphins tight end Randy McMichael is facing charges for the second time in 13 months for allegedly hitting his wife.

McMichael was arrested early Saturday morning in Columbia County after witnesses told police that he had given his wife, Cawanna, a bloody nose.

The 26-year-old McMichael was taken to the Columbia County Detention Center, where he was charged with simple battery and criminal trespass. McMichael was released just before 7 a.m. Saturday after posting a $2,200 bond, according to jail records.

According to the police report, McMichael acknowledged he had two glasses of wine and several beers before arguing with his wife, but he refused to take a field Breathalyzer test.

Cawanna McMichael, 22, told police the contact with her husband was an accident as he was throwing some of her belongings out of their 1984 Cadillac Coupe de Ville.

Four witnesses told police they saw McMichael throw his wife from the car. One witness told police he saw the athlete throw his wife away from the vehicle several times, according to the report.

Cawanna McMichael was treated at the scene.

Prosecutors decided not to file charges after McMichael was arrested in June 2004 and accused of hitting his wife. McMichael had been charged with aggravated battery on a pregnant woman, a second-degree felony that is punishable by up to 15 years in prison.

actually he's one of the best TE's in the division EB not a WR-their best pass catcher.Ya gotta admit this is a snake-bitten team the last few years-something we Jets fans can relate to and sympathize with.Even though it IS the Dolphins-I wish no injuries on any players regardless-it's just bad karma-kinda like oh,say a division rival team's fans who gloat on oh a QB's injuries and mocking about his toughness and arm strength.

actually he's one of the best TE's in the division EB not a WR-their best pass catcher.Ya gotta admit this is a snake-bitten team the last few years-something we Jets fans can relate to and sympathize with.Even though it IS the Dolphins-I wish no injuries on any players regardless-it's just bad karma-kinda like oh,say a division rival team's fans who gloat on oh a QB's injuries and mocking about his toughness and arm strength.

LOL! internet sarcasm sometimes flys over peoples heads, but I sounded like I was serious, so I understand.

Look at McMichael, 250lbs my a**, that guys a frickin treadmill run away from being a legit slot wide receiver, lol.

He's a great TE, really underrated.

LOL! internet sarcasm sometimes flys over peoples heads, but I sounded like I was serious, so I understand.

Look at McMichael, 250lbs my a**, that guys a frickin treadmill run away from being a legit slot wide receiver, lol.

yea we need an emoticon with a tongue in cheek-you're right EB50 it doesn't translate well-I've had the same problem on occasions and also have had to make clear my thoughts

yea we need an emoticon with a tongue in cheek-you're right EB50 it doesn't translate well-I've had the same problem on occasions and also have had to make clear my thoughts

Damn, am I the only one that caught barton's sarcastic remark?

Actually, it was pretty damn good.

Also, I agree McMichael is a great TE (unbelievable soft hands for a big guy) and is under rated throughout the NFL.

What a dumbass for ruining a great career.

PS- Watch the stance Tags and the NFL take on this one. :wink:

Damn, am I the only one that caught barton's sarcastic remark?

Actually, it was pretty damn good.

Also, I agree McMichael is a great TE (unbelievable soft hands for a big guy) and is under rated throughout the NFL.

What a dumbass for ruining a great career.

PS- Watch the stance Tags and the NFL take on this one. :wink:

McMichael under-rated? He ******* blows. McMichael hasn't done anything.

Jason Witten, Jeremy Shockey, Todd Heap, Tony Gonzalez, Dallas Clark, Antonio Gates, Bubba Franks, Jermaine Wiggins, Alge Crumpler, Jeb Putzier and LJ Smith are all better the that joke.

McMichael under-rated? He ******* blows. McMichael hasn't done anything.

Jason Witten, Jeremy Shockey, Todd Heap, Tony Gonzalez, Dallas Clark, Antonio Gates, Bubba Franks, Jermaine Wiggins, Alge Crumpler, Jeb Putzier and LJ Smith are all better the that joke.

McMichael under-rated? He farging blows. McMichael hasn't done anything.

I respectfully have to disagree 124-RM last year set a team record for TE's with 73 catches for 791 yrds. I'll give you Gonzo,Gates and Crumpler but when you put Jermaine Wiggins ahead you didn't do your homework.Don't be one of those guys who are blinded by their hatred for another team-we have too much of that on our boards with some idiotic Pats fans posts.

Archived