Is Tangini Sleeping?

BigOrangeJetFan

I hear of nothing going on with us. We need to be aggressive in free agency/coaching hires. I guess we are keeping Sutton/Schott.

It's embarrassing that the Giants are the champs, and we're doing nothing.

This is the price you pay for having coaches/GMs learining on the job

and this somehow surprises you?

Patience my friend... Free agency hasnt even started... although I do not have confidence they will do the right thing... I do think you will see major changes.. When the Gm's and Head coaches job is on the line... they understand that and they will do everything in there power to improve this team rather then leaving a good salary cap situation for a new Gm next year..

And id anyone even thinks they are not on the hot seat then you are naive.

Shouldn't you all be doing your homework in the study hall you're in now..You don't know what The Jets doing..FA signing period hasn't even started...Think they might be preparing for the draft, evaluating your current roster, filling vacant coaching positions... CLASSIC CLUELESSNESS

Well when we "heard" about the Jets' interest in Rob Ryan in particular then so did Al Davis, (at least in part) causing him to block Ryan's firing.

Personally, I would have preferred if everyone kept quiet from the start.

Absoulutely... We al know al davis loves the jets...lol (sarcastic) now he has a pick ahead of us cause we had to win vs KC... lol meaningless game...

I hear of nothing going on with us. We need to be aggressive in free agency/coaching hires. I guess we are keeping Sutton/Schott.

It's embarrassing that the Giants are the champs, and we're doing nothing.

This is the price you pay for having coaches/GMs learining on the job

<sarcasm>

Yeah, it's amazing that they're not being aggressive in free agency! I mean, hell it started -4 weeks ago!

</sarcasm>

Just because you do not hear crap in the media doesn't mean nothing is happening.

Well when we "heard" about the Jets' interest in Rob Ryan in particular then so did Al Davis, (at least in part) causing him to block Ryan's firing.

Personally, I would have preferred if everyone kept quiet from the start.

SE..I think that was speculation from the media about Ryan not the Jets..EM and RR have a close relationship so its an easy leap for the media, but I don't believe the Jets organization ever commented their wish to hire Rob Ryan.

<sarcasm>

Yeah, it's amazing that they're not being aggressive in free agency! I mean, hell it started -4 weeks ago!

</sarcasm>

Just because you do not hear crap in the media doesn't mean nothing is happening.

Everyone said this last year when they completely took a pass in FA and look at the great season that resulted in.

Absoulutely... We al know al davis loves the jets...lol (sarcastic) now he has a pick ahead of us cause we had to win vs KC... lol meaningless game...

i'm still glad we won that damn game. Losing to herm would have been too painful.

i'm still glad we won that damn game. Losing to herm would have been too painful.

Yeah winning that game was horrible!!!! anyway you look at it... right now we owuld be sitting at 3 and not worrying about guys falling to us...

There are people on this board that say you have to win no matter what and all that BS..

Fck that..when your season is in the toilet and you have one game left and its the differnce of three spots in the draft.. you lose that game...

just because we passed up in FA doesnt mean that was the reason for our team doing well, it was the schedule.

Thats not true at all. The only variables in the schedule are 2 measly games. Thats it. The Jets sucked because of their Oline which was fixable if Woody wasn't such a cheap joke of an owner.

Yeah winning that game was horrible!!!! anyway you look at it... right now we owuld be sitting at 3 and not worrying about guys falling to us...

There are people on this board that say you have to win no matter what and all that BS..

Fck that..when your season is in the toilet and you have one game left and its the differnce of three spots in the draft.. you lose that game...

if I am in charge of a team that tanks ANY GAME, those players will be out of a job quickly.

that is really an idiotic statement, I am hoping you were just being foolish

I have to disagree amigo.

Being in the top five is as much a curse as it is a savior. The contracts have a pretty steep drop off from 5 to 6, lets keep in mind, we are paying up front money for a college player...not a pro. We will have a great player at number six, i believe Champ Bailey and Ed Reed went 6 or after. Year in and year out there are very solid players taken between 6 and 10, in many cases they are far better than 1-5.

Look at Bricks draft...

1. Mario - STUD

2. Bush - He is "The Suck"

3. Young - Jury is out, i think he's the next vick :vomit:

4. Brick - Average to above average LT...not worth the money

5. Hawk - He isn't even the best Linebacker in GB, nor is he a top five defender on that team.

I'm happy with six. I"m more than happy with six.

SE..I think that was speculation from the media about Ryan not the Jets..EM and RR have a close relationship so its an easy leap for the media, but I don't believe the Jets organization ever commented their wish to hire Rob Ryan.

I never suggested leaks of any kind came from the Jets. But rather that it was in papers in general; the reading nothing "newsworthy" about the Jets was the complaint I was addressing.

I never suggested leaks of any kind came from the Jets. But rather that it was in papers in general; the reading nothing "newsworthy" about the Jets was the complaint I was addressing.

I hear you on that SE..I'm sure Ryan would run across the freakin country to get away from the football "Black Hole"..no pun intended but a very good one none the less. i think the Jets will make things happen this off season with another solid draft and a dabble in the FA market.

I hear you on that SE..I'm sure Ryan would run across the freakin country to get away from the football "Black Hole"..no pun intended but a very good one none the less. i think the Jets will make things happen this off season with another solid draft and a dabble in the FA market.

Hope so, Glenn.

I will say keep the faith SE. I really think these two guys will get the job done and get it done the right way. There are always some bumps along the road, but I think these guys work smart and will not ignore the mistakes they've made and build a team that is a consistent winner..You know in this league the real only way to do this the draft. Try to get good value in the FA market and not prostitute the future for the now. Its the way the Redskins have done business and "Cap Hell" has arrived on their door step. I have a good feeling about these two guys and am willing to let them build this the right way..Unfortunately some people have the patience of a dog in heat.

Its like the two bulls standing on the hill story. As there looking down on a field of cows the young bull says "lets run down there and F**k one of those cows", but the older bull says "no lets walk down and f**kem all."

I can care less what rumors I hear about the Jets, I am anxious to see what actions they will actually take. This time of year you hear the same thing.... I want to play here the rest of my career, I love this organization and fans, money is not everything just want to get paid what I am worth...blah blah blah all B$... money talks bs walks and the Jets have some to spend..now do something worthy with it

I will say keep the faith SE. I really think these two guys will get the job done and get it done the right way. There are always some bumps along the road, but I think these guys work smart and will not ignore the mistakes they've made and build a team that is a consistent winner..You know in this league the real only way to do this the draft. Try to get good value in the FA market and not prostitute the future for the now. Its the way the Redskins have done business and "Cap Hell" has arrived on their door step. I have a good feeling about these two guys and am willing to let them build this the right way..Unfortunately some people have the patience of a dog in heat.

Its like the two bulls standing on the hill story. As there looking down on a field of cows the young bull says "lets run down there and F**k one of those cows", but the older bull says "no lets walk down and f**kem all."

Patience in the NFL means you are a consistent loser.... Yeah it might take a little longer than you hope, but using the schedule is lame cause they played the Fins and Bills 4 times, they played the Redskins, Giants, and Eagles when those teams were not good, they played a Browns team that couldn't stop anybody on defense.. Oh wait the Jets didn't exactly light up the scoreboard that day. The Titans were an ok team, but nothing to brag about and Vince Young took a step backwards. The Ravens won 4 games. THe Chiefs won 4 games. The reality is the only good teams they really played were the Patriots twice and the Cowboys. The rest of their schedule should have led this team to a 7-9 or 8-8 season, not a 4-12 season. 4-12 means your front office did a bad job and your coaching staff did a bad job.

The NFL has a lot of bad teams. So any team that doesn't go 7-9 or 8-8 is a team that didn't get the job done. Unless the Jets played the Pats, Colts, Chargers, Cowboys every week, it's not really considered a tough schedule.

This will be Year 3 of this regime. If the Jets aren't vastly improved next year, you have to say there is no real plan. Winning teams don't take 5-10 years to actually get better.

Im just saying... its ridiculous that happen the way it did...

Btw..everyone look at this mock at scout.com

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/mockdraft.php?round=1&year=2008

now thats what im talking about..and what I said about raiders taking chris..they seem to agree..

jeez this could be one of the worst mocks ive seen. ellis has a huge lack of size to go in the top 3, maybe he goes top 5 but i doubt it. and mcfadden will NOT fall to us, i repeat he WILL NOT fall to us. and if he does than we take him but i think its pointless to lay out these drafts that have DMC not being picked in at least the top 4. theres no way five teams will pass up on this guy.

jeez this could be one of the worst mocks ive seen. ellis has a huge lack of size to go in the top 3, maybe he goes top 5 but i doubt it. and mcfadden will NOT fall to us, i repeat he WILL NOT fall to us. and if he does than we take him but i think its pointless to lay out these drafts that have DMC not being picked in at least the top 4. theres no way five teams will pass up on this guy.

Whys that? So you know mike mayock of nfl.com has now droppmed mcfadden to number 2 out of all the rb's.. he has moved mendenhall from illinois as the number 1 rb..

Who the heck would we have taken at 3? and who are we worried about falling to us? I would have rather won a couple of more games and picked in the 10-15 slot! I don't think anyone rated in the top 6 is worthy of it!

We don't need McFloppin!

I can care less what rumors I hear about the Jets, I am anxious to see what actions they will actually take. This time of year you hear the same thing.... I want to play here the rest of my career, I love this organization and fans, money is not everything just want to get paid what I am worth...blah blah blah all B$... money talks bs walks and the Jets have some to spend..now do something worthy with it

They had money to spend last year too. This ownership won't step up.

You crack me up.

Welker would have taken those 3-5 yard passes and picked up 1st downs.

If Welker was a Jet and he was playing like the mediocre player he is without Randy Moss, you would be making fun of the Jets for how awful a move trading a 2 and a 7 for him was. And you'd be right for once.

If Welker was a Jet and he was playing like the mediocre player he is without Randy Moss, you would be making fun of the Jets for how awful a move trading a 2 and a 7 for him was.

Welker had 112 receptions in the regular season and 37 in the playoffs but according to you he is mediocre.

You have no credibility at all.

If he was a Jet I would saying that he had a great season.

Welker had 112 receptions in the regular season and 37 in the playoffs but according to you he is mediocre.

You have no credibility at all.

If he was a Jet I would saying that he had a great season.

How many of those were without Randy Moss on the field?

Thats the point. He WOULDN'T have had that year if he was a Jet. Not even close.

How many of those were without Randy Moss on the field?

Thats the point. He WOULDN'T have had that year if he was a Jet. Not even close.

OK man. He had 67 catches in 2006 playing for the Dolphins.

If Randy Moss didn't go to the Pats Welker still would have caught at least 90 passes this year.

Your hatred for all things Boston is retarded and petty.

Archived