What is Mickens status?

4HCrew

why cant he start opposite Barrett and then have Strait and the others occupy the nickel etc?

Because he's never been good enough to start, and he's now damaged goods. Derrick Strait wins the job, IMO, and Justin Miller gets the nickle job, assuming the Jets stand pat with what they have at corner currently.

why cant he start opposite Barrett and then have Strait and the others occupy the nickel etc?

Because he's never been good enough to start, and he's now damaged goods. Derrick Strait wins the job, IMO, and Justin Miller gets the nickle job, assuming the Jets stand pat with what they have at corner currently.

never been good enough to start...funny I think he was never given a fair chance in the past...as for being damaged goods, will have to see that to believe it. He is probably still one of the fastest guys they have in their secondary

never been good enough to start...funny I think he was never given a fair chance in the past...as for being damaged goods, will have to see that to believe it. He is probably still one of the fastest guys they have in their secondary

I remember doing a backflip when Parcells gave him $1 mil for one season. Mickens was a great nickel corner in his youth but he fell off really badly the last two years. I don't see how Mick makes the team at this point. Hendu seems to like to throw athletes out there and let them fly around. I don't know if Mick fits into that scheme.

I remember doing a backflip when Parcells gave him $1 mil for one season. Mickens was a great nickel corner in his youth but he fell off really badly the last two years. I don't see how Mick makes the team at this point. Hendu seems to like to throw athletes out there and let them fly around. I don't know if Mick fits into that scheme.

as of today he's penciled in to start!

But no way he starts. a) he's 5'7''..B) he's just not that good anymore. c) this guy is always called for a pass INT on every 3 and and long..he kills us and drops interceptions left and right..

I don't even think he'll be on the team day 1.

Strait is the nickle...Miller is to young to start..so it's either a vet or the new guy.

as of today he's penciled in to start!

But no way he starts. a) he's 5'7''..B) he's just not that good anymore. c) this guy is always called for a pass INT on every 3 and and long..he kills us and drops interceptions left and right..

I don't even think he'll be on the team day 1.

Strait is the nickle...Miller is to young to start..so it's either a vet or the new guy.

Mickens had a chance to start a couple of games in 99 and was toasted. (Especially the Redskins game that year)

Very good nickle back that is where he should be.

Oh man Shawn don't remeind me of that game-I've never seen such a bad display by a CB in all my years watching football.It was yellow flag yellow flag yellow flag-Westbrook made him look like a Pop Warner

Mickens had a chance to start a couple of games in 99 and was toasted. (Especially the Redskins game that year)

Very good nickle back that is where he should be.

Oh man Shawn don't remeind me of that game-I've never seen such a bad display by a CB in all my years watching football.It was yellow flag yellow flag yellow flag-Westbrook made him look like a Pop Warner

parcells then commented on 'non-competetive coverage' after the game..

Mickens is like a little gnat buzzing around..but he causes penalties and drops interceptions..

I'd much rather have miller start than ray ray.

parcells then commented on 'non-competetive coverage' after the game..

Mickens is like a little gnat buzzing around..but he causes penalties and drops interceptions..

I'd much rather have miller start than ray ray.

2 words: Corner blitz. (preferably with zone coverage)

Corner blitz?

And leave 1 of our young safeties to go 1 on 1 with Moss or Porter?

Maybe out of the nickel package, but then they could just audible to hand it off to LaMont.

Best Case Scenario: Randy Moss gets suspended/injured before the gayders come to the meadowlands.

Archived