Asante Samuel Looking For A 10 Year Contract For 100 Million =0

Jedi_Jet1121

Patriots | Samuel looking for 10-year contract

Sat, 23 Feb 2008 12:15:11 -0800 Karen Guregian, of the Boston Herald, reports New England Patriots CB Asante Samuel, who will become an unrestricted free agent this offseason, is reportedly looking for a 10-year contract worth $100 million. He is also looking for $30 million guaranteed up front.

Hm I dont want him as a Jet anymore.... Thats WAY TOO MUCH MONEY. Sammel must of been smoking some Randy Moss's weed :banned:

If you think about it though...

It would most likely be...

year #

1 - 6 mill

2 - 6 mill

3 - 7 mill

4 - 7 mill

5 - 7 mill

6 - 9 mill

7 - 10 mill

8 - 13 mill

9 - 15 mill

10 - 20 mill

He's asking for 30 MILLION in guaranteed money.

Imagine if this guy gets injured in his first game.

And that is just the type of place he will wind up with a demand like that.

Poor bastard will eat himself out of the league considering he hasn't been able to feed his family since being drafted. He won't know how to stop once that food is on the table. He'll be playing NT in three years.

Poor bastard will eat himself out of the league considering he hasn't been able to feed his family since being drafted. He won't know how to stop once that food is on the table. He'll be playing NT in three years.

Hmmmmm, maybe we should sign him then. :lol:

It wouldn't surprise me if he gets it too.

I agree.

Ecrub brings up a good point. :confused:

As much as half of that money will never be realized.

I do not remember if he wanted that 30 million in the first two or three years.

If he is given the 20 million in bonus and 'guranteed' 6 million a year for his first 2-3 years, he will have his 30 million in guranteed money. He will be a 'reasonble' 9-11 million his first 6 years.

The last 4 years is where all the fluff money comes. He will re-negotiate or be given a Par$ells 100% cut.

True. But the times, they are a changin'

With the way the salary cap is going its not that absurd.

I just think its way too much to invest in one player that isnt going to be a huge playmaker like a QB or a top notch RB or WR. Defense is important, but we have a good CB and you can get someone just as good for less money. The draft is CB deep and pick one there if you need one.

Archived