Asante Samuel Looking For A 10 Year Contract For 100 Million =0

Jedi_Jet1121

The 100 means nothing. It is the 30 he is more interested in. Every player knows the chances of them seeing all the money of a signed contract are slim.

That is also why he wants it upfront the first few years. Every year his cap number gets bigger, the target on him gets bigger.

Assante signing for 100 million means nothing. The guranteed money means everything.

Exactly, if Samuel played only 5 more seaons he would still cut a fat hog. At least 6 mil per season plus his salary and incentives.

let's face it guys whether Samuel is worth it or not we ALL know it'll never be as a Jet-never-the Jets do not sign any players worth anything anyway-we spend our cap money on giving players already on the team new contracts-you know like Kassell and Bryan Thomas-I suspect we'll tie up a bunch of our cap $$$ on resigning Kerry Rhodes at which point everyone will be very happy and then we'll get to watch him turn into Eric Coleman-a well paid Coleman

let's face it guys whether Samuel is worth it or not we ALL know it'll never be as a Jet-never-the Jets do not sign any players worth anything anyway-we spend our cap money on giving players already on the team new contracts-you know like Kassell and Bryan Thomas-I suspect we'll tie up a bunch of our cap $$$ on resigning Kerry Rhodes at which point everyone will be very happy and then we'll get to watch him turn into Eric Coleman-a well paid Coleman

Well so far we really have only had one offseason with the current FO and that was off a winnning season. Overall I do agree with you that we probably will not sign another to high priced but there is small chance being that this would be their first off season from a losing season.

excuse me, i may be totally off here but couldn't we live with what we already have in our secondary and go after d line in FA? your not confident enough with rhodes and revis, two young promising guys?

Revis and Rhodes are half a secondary-we need a new starting CB-unless we plan on using Hank Poteat again-as for the other safety position I liked the way Eric Smith has progressed under Mangini-he plays smart, hits hard and doesn't make a lot of costly mistakes-unlike Elam

excuse me, i may be totally off here but couldn't we live with what we already have in our secondary and go after d line in FA? your not confident enough with rhodes and revis, two young promising guys?

Sure those are 2 of the names that overall everyone seems hapy with but our #2 CB if so up in the air right now.

Having 2 great corners would be a awesome thing but just not at that cost.

Revis and Rhodes are half a secondary-we need a new starting CB-unless we plan on using Hank Poteat again-as for the other safety position I liked the way Eric Smith has progressed under Mangini-he plays smart, hits hard and doesn't make a lot of costly mistakes-unlike Elam

Samuel will not be a Jet for so many reasons, many of which have been written in this thread. The biggest reason is the money. The Jets have been, to put it kindly, prudent with money since they worked their way under the cap, I cant see them blowing so much of it on a guy who is not gonna help in run support. Which leads me to my second reason the Jets will not sign Samuel: He is not 'versatile' in the sense that he is not a physical CB. Revis, who the Jets traded up for, is excellent against the run and can be physical at the line. I assume the Jets want their other CB to be similar, if not quite as talented. IMO.

Samuel will not be a Jet for so many reasons, many of which have been written in this thread. The biggest reason is the money. The Jets have been, to put it kindly, prudent with money since they worked their way under the cap, I cant see them blowing so much of it on a guy who is not gonna help in run support. Which leads me to my second reason the Jets will not sign Samuel: He is not 'versatile' in the sense that he is not a physical CB. Revis, who the Jets traded up for, is excellent against the run and can be physical at the line. I assume the Jets want their other CB to be similar, if not quite as talented. IMO.

let's face it the reason we don't sign any impact players is because we have an owner that doesn't know jack about football and it's an amusing little hobby that he isn't totally committed to like some other owners are-like say a Jerry Jones

let's face it the reason we don't sign any impact players is because we have an owner that doesn't know jack about football and it's an amusing little hobby that he isn't totally committed to like some other owners are-like say a Jerry Jones

A committed owner can be worse than laid back one. Anyway, Woody's not the sharpest tool in the shed but he's extraordinarily rich and extremely charitable so I dont see why he wouldn't spend to the cap. And every time i see a picture of him he's wearing a Jet cap. I'm sure he wants to win as much as the next owner (except for Jerry Jones).

Archived