What sports cliche do you hate the most?

Jetlag

I only thought of this because I read the Cedric Houston thread and saw where he claimed it's the best he's felt in years.

I have to think that line probably irritates me the most. How come every year every athlete claims right before the season that they've never felt better? Rarely do such players have huge years. The last one I could think of is 2004 Curtis Martin but I could probably list 500 examples of where they did nothing during that next season.

What cliche do you hate the most?

P.S. Second goes to "I want to thank God for this win." Not that I believe in one (that's a different thread altogether) but if there is what the hell does he/she care about some sports event?

I'd like to thank God for... BLAH BLAH BLAH. What makes people think God cares about them so much? And he/she probably has more important things to attend to than a freaking sports game. People who say this need to get over themselves.

"This team(guy) has great team chemistry.He means so much in the lockerroom."

The next championship team with bad chemistry and chock full of a-holes will be first; as will the next last place team with great chemistry and great character guys. Just crap made up by lazy sportswriters.

The "God" stuff is pretty bad. Let's assume that the Almighty has better things to do than worry about a sporting event, and also that you aren't playing the Antichrist and the assembled children of darkness.

There was a comedian, I can't remember which one, who did a rant on the god stuff. The one line I remember is, "Just once, I'd like to hear one of these guys say, 'We'd have won the game, if Jesus didn't make me fumble!'"

The cliche that is so over used is:

"They TomShane'ed us".

Cmon can't we think of another way to say that a team jammed the ball down our throats?

:lol:

Although it should read "We got TomShane'ed" because Tom is the receiver not the giver.

Anything John Madden says. Dude is a walking cliche.

"You're not going to find any player in the league better at [insert skill] than [insert player name]."

This guy persistently testifies that virtually every player on every team is the very best in the world at something.

Archived