Farve contemplating a return?

Alk

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And Brett has basically ruled out 'hot weather' teams, http://www.sportinglife.com/nfl/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=American_Football/08/07/16/GRIDIRON_USA-Favre.html

Tampa Bay was "too hot," and that he prefers to play and practice in cooler weather.

So, with the Baltimore Sun ruling out the ravens, the earth's sun ruling out the Phins and Raiders - the Jets have to be at the top of the list.

That article,

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/37885-ny-jets-insider-says-jets-may-be-talking-with-packers-about-brett-favre

went on to say that this list adds the Skins and Bills:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2008-07-11-favre-possibilities_N.htm

Still leaving the Jets in the Top 3.

Welcome, man!

He commits to 2 years... done deal.. get rid of chad..finally... and let kellen learn from favre..

He can commit to anything he wants. That still won't stop him from retiring again in October if things don't go his way.

Farve has changed his mind 4 times since March. Any GM that puts their season in his hands needs to be commited

I'd rather have Kellen learn from Chad and get twice the knowledge at half the cost, but this will definitely help Woody sell some PSL's and would probably make us more competitive for this year. I don't think we can win a Super Bowl with him though and I think it would only hurt us over the long run. I would be far less pissed though if this happened then if we traded a second which a lot of you think is a good idea.

I agree with this entire post. If anything like this should happen, it's a lot more about PR than practicality.

I'm still not on board with acquiring Favre, but Pennington vs. a second rounder makes a lot more sense. Pennington has no real future value to the Jets, but that second round pick might.

As much as I initially hated the idea of trading for Fave, a sixth and Pennington is something I can more than live with.r

Favre has the kind of play style I'd like to see in Kellen, minus the really stupid INT that are almost a given whenever Favre plays, figure give him the reins this year and give Kellen an honest shot to win it next, if not, the year after. Plus, imediately eliminating the risk of Pennington starting another game for this team cant hurt either.

before i used to think this was never going to happen, but the more i think about it. it might just happen.

the packers in no way want him in the NFC. so that means a trade to the AFC, baltimore or New York.

IF the Jets believe that they have a team that can win it all. they'll go after him.

percent odds i give,now 0%

end of training camp 60%

Don't get me wrong I love Favre as a player how can you not, but he is NOT coming here so why can't we just move on and stop talking about it. Jetnation on SNY, MSG NY and Sports Nite on SNY are still talking about it too. I just want his name to stoping coming up with us because it's not going to happen. I love Mangini's response to the question "Favre's a great player, he plays for the packers and I'm happy with the QB's that are in this roster" dull answer, but the right one.

We have arguably one of the best lines in the league and our defense will be A LOT better so let the two QB's compete and I think either one will have a chance to succeed this season. Favre would be a bandaid to this team and who knows if it would even work out. The excitement in the city would be crazy and the hope to be a contender would be real, but he's not coming here it wont happen so why keep dwelling on it....

Between the split reps with Clemens and Pennington, and then possibly Favre coming in mid-camp and most likely in mediocre shape, the offense should be clicking on all cylinders by week 7.

Week 7 is better than week NEVER.

Between the split reps with Clemens and Pennington, and then possibly Favre coming in mid-camp and most likely in mediocre shape, the offense should be clicking on all cylinders by week 7.

Just because Brett has played in GB for almost his whole career doesn't mean it was the only system he played in. They have switched it up on him with regularity, i'd trust his 1 month knowledge of the offense over penny's 2 year knowledge.

A vet like Favre doesn't even need training camp at all.

Archived