Farve contemplating a return?

Alk

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why would he leave an NFC Championship team and go play somewhere else?

I don't think Dallas, New England, Indy, or the Giants need a QB.

This story is bull****.

Thats what I was thinking... He is a god in Green Bay. If he did feel like coming back for another season, I really don't think he would ever leave the Packers. It doesn't make any sense.

• 3 months later...

NY Jets: Insider Says Jets May Be Talking With Packers about Brett Favre

An industry insider said yesterday that the New York Jets may be talking with the Green Bay Packers about acquiring disgruntled QB Brett Favre.

Bob Mantz reports.

bobmantzandlouisck_small.jpg by bob mantz (Scribe)

July 15, 2008

An industry insider said yesterday that the New York Jets may be talking with the Green Bay Packers about acquiring disgruntled QB Brett Favre.

Favre said yesterday in an exclusive interview with Greta Van Susteren on Fox News that he was "guilty of retiring early." He added that he wanted to play again, but didn't feel welcomed in Green Bay.

The Jets may be thinking that Favre, along with their free agent signings this past off-season, may be enough to get the franchise to its first Superbowl since January 12, 1969.

The insider added that a possible swap might include Jets' QB Chad Pennington and a sixth round draft choice.

The Bleacher Report could not reach either Green Bay or New York for comment.

Trenton Times columnist Mark Eckel speculated today that the Packers could possibly trade Favre to the Ravens, the Dolphins, the Raiders, or the Jets

Good to hear. Very good to hear. If we were able to get Brett Favre for Pennington and a 6th that would be one of the biggest steals of all time. I think in the end if we do get him it will take a 2nd round pick and the release or trade to another team of Pennington. I don't know why Green Bay would want to take on Chad's $7 million salary to back up Rodgers when they have Brian Brohm in house.

and 124 why take on favres 12 million instead of 7 million to be the backup of rodgers.

.... :confused: ....

Are you trying to say Green Bay SHOULD take on $7-9 million for CHAD PENNINGTON? They're not stupid. If you think I'm saying its a good thing however, read the entire post.

Chad's salary is $6M, not $7M. His cap # is $9M for the Jets, but it would be $6M for anyone else.

Favre would cost a net of $6M more, with his $12M salary. Trading Pennington doesn't wipe out the $3M/yr (both 2008 and 2009) that the Jets get charged from his $18M signing bonus back in 2004.

I'd rather have Kellen learn from Chad and get twice the knowledge at half the cost, but this will definitely help Woody sell some PSL's and would probably make us more competitive for this year. I don't think we can win a Super Bowl with him though and I think it would only hurt us over the long run. I would be far less pissed though if this happened then if we traded a second which a lot of you think is a good idea.

I'd rather have Kellen learn from Chad and get twice the knowledge at half the cost, but this will definitely help Woody sell some PSL's and would probably make us more competitive for this year. I don't think we can win a Super Bowl with him though and I think it would only hurt us over the long run. I would be far less pissed though if this happened then if we traded a second which a lot of you think is a good idea.

That's true and it probably would hurt us in the long run. But, does it really look like our front office is too concerned with the long run with the moves they made so far. Those moves were designed to help the team win right now. The likes of Coles, Faneca, Richardson, Jones, Jenkins etc. may not have much left in the teank in another 2-3 years. Personally I believe this move could turn us into a SB contender, you obviously do not. That is why our opinions over this move would differ. If the Jets front office/coaching staff believe this is a move that could get us to the SB, then IMO they simply have to make it.

Change your damn usename BTW. LOL

Good to hear. Very good to hear. If we were able to get Brett Favre for Pennington and a 6th that would be one of the biggest steals of all time. I think in the end if we do get him it will take a 2nd round pick and the release or trade to another team of Pennington. I don't know why Green Bay would want to take on Chad's $7 million salary to back up Rodgers when they have Brian Brohm in house.

If it's true, I would do that in a heartbeat. I honestly think that if we get Favre, we will win the Super Bowl. :crossfingers:

Favre's trade value is more than a 6th, Pennington doesn't even count right now.

NY Jets: Insider Says Jets May Be Talking With Packers about Brett Favre

Bob Mantz reports.

bobmantzandlouisck_small.jpg by bob mantz (Scribe)

July 15, 2008

Favre said yesterday in an exclusive interview with Greta Van Susteren on Fox News that he was "guilty of retiring early." He added that he wanted to play again, but didn't feel welcomed in Green Bay.

The Jets may be thinking that Favre, along with their free agent signings this past off-season, may be enough to get the franchise to its first Superbowl since January 12, 1969.

The insider added that a possible swap might include Jets' QB Chad Pennington and a sixth round draft choice.

The Bleacher Report could not reach either Green Bay or New York for comment.

Trenton Times columnist Mark Eckel speculated today that the Packers could possibly trade Favre to the Ravens, the Dolphins, the Raiders, or the Jets

Get Favre...Instant credibility.... sell a million tickets.. jerseys and whatever else..

I know we went through this with McFather, but why do jersey sales matter again? And this team doesn't have problems selling out, no matter what happens with PSL's. There won't be unsold seats for Jets home games ever.

I know we went through this with McFather, but why do jersey sales matter again? And this team doesn't have problems selling out, no matter what happens with PSL's. There won't be unsold seats for Jets home games ever.

Its just putting us on the map... we are one of those no name teams.. when it comes to the nfl... The jets are not even close to getting any type of respect...our blue big brother is winning superbowls and we are like the houston texans to the cowboys.. we need to emeerge out of the shadow..

Having one of the best qbs of all time would do just that..ya think if brett favre was on the jets the patriots wouldnt be looking at us differently? ofcourse they would..it makes sense all around...

btw there are no real stars on our team.... we have no face of the franchise.. It doesnt equate to wins..but in this case...IT DOES..

Archived