Bruschi Will NOT Play in 2005

PatsFanTX

7/20/05

Bruschi to sit out 2005 By Paul Perillo, Patriots Football Weekly

Tedy Bruschi has decided to sit out the 2005 season while he continues to recover from a mild stroke suffered in mid-February. The Patriots issued a statement through media relations director Stacey James Wednesday afternoon.

Tedy Bruschi has decided to sit out the 2005 season while he continues to recover from a mild stroke suffered in mid-February.

The Patriots issued a statement through executive director of media relations Stacey James Wednesday afternoon.

Teddy is gone for good!! When you sit out a year

at 25 that's one thing..He'll be 33 before Pat

Camp starts next year!! Who in their right mind

would want a Defensive Player at that age to play

again?? Qb's at that age yes but not a LB!! [-X

Teddy is gone for good!! When you sit out a year

at 25 that's one thing..He'll be 33 before Pat

Camp starts next year!! Who in their right mind

would want a Defensive Player at that age to play

again?? Qb's at that age yes but not a LB!! [-X

The pats will ask him to stick around and then turn their backs on him next yr when they don't need him.

there will be a giant spin story posted by the pats fans about how they didn't need Full tilt teddy to win anything.

Having a stroke is a serious thing. Especially at his young age. As long as he stays in shape in his year off, and has no complications during that year, I see him playing next year.

If it was you would you risk it?

Im not sure i could.

Like professional athletes just have strokes out of left field.

What are you, some kind of friggn' moron?

Bruschi had a hole in his heart since birth.

It was completely documented that that was the cause of his stroke (along with a 6+ hour flight).

Read what happened before you post outragious claims.

Your not right this time Smizzy....not a good look for you darling. It's a shame he can't play this year. One thing I can say good about those Pats is that Bruschi is a great player and seems to be a class act. Sorry he has to miss out but his health is first and foremost. And anyone can have a stroke Smizzy. You can have one right now. Look at Luther Vandross he had one and he was slim and in "good health/shape" when he did. These ailments don't know age.

What are you, some kind of friggn' moron?

Bruschi had a hole in his heart since birth.

It was completely documented that that was the cause of his stroke (along with a 6+ hour flight).

Read what happened before you post outragious claims.

Im just playing the annoying as**ole role....i can see it didn't work too well.

Your not right this time Smizzy....not a good look for you darling. It's a shame he can't play this year. One thing I can say good about those Pats is that Bruschi is a great player and seems to be a class act. Sorry he has to miss out but his health is first and foremost. And anyone can have a stroke Smizzy. You can have one right now. Look at Luther Vandross he had one and he was slim and in "good health/shape" when he did. These ailments don't know age.

Oh dear....it was trying on a new hat...the asshat...it didn't fit.....i returned it

TX, I was looking at webmd and talking to my wife who is a RN and neither of us could find any info on how a murmur can cause a stroke. I also find it interesting that a professional athlete who sees a doctor as many times as someone of Bruschi's stature does wouldn't get this picked up. Especially since even the smallest and most harmless of murmur's can be heard very easily through a stethoscope. It would be extremly difficult for someone to get to the age of 10 let alone 31 with a serious enough murmur to cause a stroke. Just sounds fishy to me but JMO.

TX, I was looking at webmd and talking to my wife who is a RN and neither of us could find any info on how a murmur can cause a stroke. I also find it interesting that a professional athlete who sees a doctor as many times as someone of Bruschi's stature does wouldn't get this picked up. Especially since even the smallest and most harmless of murmur's can be heard very easily through a stethoscope. It would be extremly difficult for someone to get to the age of 10 let alone 31 with a serious enough murmur to cause a stroke. Just sounds fishy to me but JMO.

How dare you cloud the issue with facts :lol::lol:

sherry, I agree with you 100%

Your wife is a medical profession. I hear you..

I've said all along Tedy needs to hang up the cleats and grab a clipboard.

Archived