Jets | Camp Featured on NFL Network

Smizzy

Jets | Camp Featured on NFL Network

Wed, 20 Jul 2005 19:38:48 -0700

NewYorkJets.com reports the NFL Network is providing fans an all-access pass to eight different training camps in August on the new series "Inside Training Camp." ITC will air all August long on Tuesdays and Wednesdays beginning Tuesday, August 2, at 8:00 p.m. ET/PT with the New York Jets.

NEW DRINKING GAME!!!!

Every time Herm Edwards is shown actualy teaching one of his players anything remotely about how the game is played, take a shot.

It's a good game for anyone who is looking to stop drinking.

:lol: I was thinking along those same lines. Another way for Herm to get his face on something other than the cover of San Andreas.

NEW DRINKING GAME!!!!

Every time Herm Edwards is shown actually teaching one of his players anything remotely about how the game is played, take a shot.

How are those Chargers doing Tom? I thought ChargerNation.com would be up and running by now.

I can see it now "ChargerNation.com Where Head Coach bashing is not just a hobby, but a career"

BZ

We should also keep track of the Master Motivator's bizzaro shirt collection(will it be pink/teal/yellow?; buttoned all the way up like a mental patient for extra points) and each use of an empty attempt at a high-minded cliche.

"You play to win the game!"

"Knowledge is good!"

"We haven't heard that golden oldie"That's how we did it in Tampa". Someone must've told him that wasn't quite the throw-down-the-gauntlet piece of greatness past he thought it was.

Mostly I suspect it will be long and wide shots of Henderson and Heimerdinger doing actual work out of mike range while Hermie walks around pontificating and babbling into the camera like a cross between Jackie Chiles and Anthony Robbins.

Here's a better drinking game where I promise you will get drunk. Everytime Herm says the word "obviously" you take a shot. Seriously, you will be drunk, just go back and watch any of them and you will see what I mean.

We should also keep track of the Master Motivator's bizzaro shirt collection(will it be pink/teal/yellow?; buttoned all the way up like a mental patient for extra points) and each use of an empty attempt at a high-minded cliche.

"You play to win the game!"

"Knowledge is good!"

"We haven't heard that golden oldie"That's how we did it in Tampa". Someone must've told him that wasn't quite the throw-down-the-gauntlet piece of greatness past he thought it was.

Mostly I suspect it will be long and wide shots of Henderson and Heimerdinger doing actual work out of mike range while Hermie walks around pontificating and babbling into the camera like a cross between Jackie Chiles and Anthony Robbins.

=D>=D>=D>

Brilliant line, absolutely brilliant!

=D>=D>=D>

NEW DRINKING GAME!!!!

Every time Herm Edwards is shown actually teaching one of his players anything remotely about how the game is played, take a shot.

Herm will prove you all wrong one day soon. i just hope it is still with the jets.

you hammer him for making inexperienced-related mistakes, but completely discredit his results. something herm is doing is working - no, he is not perfect, but he is gettting better.

1 question - who had a better record over the first 4 seasons, BB or Herm?

Who took over a more talented team?

In Belichick's 3rd year in Cleveland, the roster was over 90% different than his first year.

see that Tx, as soon as you don't like a fact you revert to the typical Jet Fan excuses - ya but, ya but, ya but.

Facts are facts, and as a former Patriot and Jet HC likes to say, "you are what your record says you are." no excuses.

see that Tx, as soon as you don't like a fact you revert to the typical Jet Fan excuses - ya but, ya but, ya but.

Facts are facts, and as a former Patriot and Jet HC likes to say, "you are what your record says you are." no excuses.

Wait are you trying to use FACTS when talking about Herm here at HermHaterNation? Please. Go find a bridge TROLL! We don't use facts and never will.

:)

BZ

Block, I absolutely agree with that.

But when you are making comparisons, please try to compare apples to apples. :wink:

i think the 'apples to apples' is the biggest mistake people make when comparing Herm. He is not the same as BB, or parcells, or whoever. he is herm, he has his own style and so far it is working - better than BB's first 4 years.

that is my point - instead of nitpicking every detail/decision of herm's coaching tenure, give the man a chance to improve. if doug brien doesn't miss 2 FG's in 2 minutes the jets are going to foxboro to play for a trip to the super bowl.

ya, ya, ya herm's conservatism didn't move the ball up further. sure, that's true but brien is an NFL kicker getting paid more than you and me to make 40 yard kicks, at least 50% of them.

for all of the herm haters - STOP comparing herm to other coaches, he is not them. he is learning on the job and doing a damn good job of that. he will continue to improve and someday win a super bowl as HC, hopefully with the Jets. He is not Dungy Jr. and he is not a poor mans Schoetenheimer. If anything, i would say he is more like Dick Vermeil.

that is my point - instead of nitpicking every detail/decision of herm's coaching tenure, give the man a chance to improve. if doug brien doesn't miss 2 FG's in 2 minutes the jets are going to foxboro to play for a trip to the super bowl.

See, that's the point Block.

The man has had four years to "improve" and he still coaches the exact same way as in year one.

Hermy is by far the most conservative HC in the NFL, yet all the Hermophiles point to Hackett as the problem with the offense.

Who do you think called the play for PennyBoy to take a knee and lose 2 yards in the game you cite? I'll tell you right now, it was not Paul Hackett.

Hermy knew he had a kicker with questionalbe leg strength, but instead of trying to get closer, he takes a friggn' knee and adds to the yardage. :shock:

So comparing two coach and their first 4 seasons is not fair?

BZ

BZ, so are you saying that a HC with a better record through his first 4 years is better HC than somebody with a worse record?

Bill Walsh went 24-33 his first four years with the 49ers.

Is Hermy a better HC than Bill Walsh? :shock:

BZ, so are you saying that a HC with a better record through his first 4 years is better HC than somebody with a worse record?

Bill Walsh went 24-33 his first four years with the 49ers.

Is Hermy a better HC than Bill Walsh? :shock:

Just comparing apples to apples.

BZ

See, that's the point Block.

The man has had four years to "improve" and he still coaches the exact same way as in year one.

Hermy is by far the most conservative HC in the NFL, yet all the Hermophiles point to Hackett as the problem with the offense.

Who do you think called the play for PennyBoy to take a knee and lose 2 yards in the game you cite? I'll tell you right now, it was not Paul Hackett.

Hermy knew he had a kicker with questionalbe leg strength, but instead of trying to get closer, he takes a friggn' knee and adds to the yardage. :shock:

i agree to some degree here. i think herm is improving, remember the slow starts to the seasons and the bar-b-q jokes? those are a thing of the past. herm's players are always ready to play. you could not say that about past regimes - the jets always lost that late season game to a 3-10 team. last year that did not happen.

as far as conservative goes, i agree that herm is by nature extremely conservative, and that is not necessarily a bad thing. i also think that some of his 'over-conservatism' was a lack of confidence in Hackett. it's hard to be agressive when you don't have confidence that it will be successful. so rather than push the envelope you saw an over-conservative herm. look at the D from last year. as the season went on and herm became more confident in Hendu's ability to call the game you saw more and more agression from that side of the ball.

it's like anything in life - you have to earn trust, it cannot be given blindly. i hope Dinger and herm build a rapport very quickly and then i think you will see something similar to what worked with the D from last season.

Archived