Jets | More about Pennington Recovery

Smizzy

Jets | More about Pennington Recovery

Thu, 21 Jul 2005 14:37:25 -0700

Randy Lange, of the Bergen Record, reports New York Jets QB Chad Pennington (shoulder) addressed his injury situation during a conference call Thursday, July 21. He said his surgically repaired right shoulder is doing well and that he's put himself in position to be the team's opening-day starter September 11 at Kansas City. "Physically I feel good. A lot of times I've got to work to make sure I don't do too much. I don't even feel like I've had surgery a lot of the time. Sometimes (after lifting or throwing a lot) it feels kind of cranky when you're throwing, but for the most part things have been going really well." He said he's throwing twice a week in Florida, 100 to 130 throws, from 10 to 40 yards, each time out. He has yet to throw on successive days, saying he'll have plenty of time to do that once camp practices begin July 29 and the team doctors and trainers clear him to throw twice a day. "The rehab process isn't done, by any stretch of the imagination," Pennington said. "But I'm excited about where I am."

Archived