New Fan Photos

Maxman

One would never think that the man in that picture is so completely obsessed with one Chad Pennington.

Not obsessed at all.

Just trying to bring an objective perspective to his performance and abilities everytime Jet fans claim he is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

All he is is an average/slightly above average QB who can never get things done against good defensive teams.

Those are just the facts.

Not obsessed at all.

Just trying to bring an objective perspective to his performance and abilities everytime Jet fans claim he is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

All he is is an average/slightly above average QB who can never get things done against good defensive teams.

How about the ohter Jets fans...who agree with you for the most part? Why do you always look past them to shred a penny homer? There are alot more Penny bashers here then supporters....yet you focus on what fits your agenda for the most part.

Alk looks like Manfred Von Richtofen. Alk, are you pure Aryan? :lol:

I can't claim it-

I have inferior Polish blood, too. :lol:

:lol: The Red Baron? I don't think I've had anyone tell me that before. I don't have any Aryan in me. As far as I know I'm part Irish and part German but I'm from Kansas so there could be a little Polish blood in me.

Not obsessed at all.

Ah same ole boring nonsense.

3 seasons as a starter . 2nd rd of play-offs twice with Joe average at QB.

That is in no way the goal but we could do far worse.

Per your NE stories of the horrible years you endured, you should realize this and just find another compulsion.

Not saying he's the greatest as NY media and fans hyped in 02 but he is far from what you try and label him.

Dedicate yourself to this upcoming season with a goal of not being compulsively obsessed to having to post about OUR QB and Headcoach with 90% of your posts.

For withdrawl purposes you can continue to ride Savage's coat tail on the Martin sucks campaign.

3 seasons as a starter . 2nd rd of play-offs twice with Joe average at QB.

That is in no way the goal but we could do far worse.

For withdrawl purposes you can continue to ride Savage's coat tail on the Martin sucks campaign.

Joe "Average" is 1-9 versus top 10 defenses.

Any QB can beat up on the bottom-feeding defensive teams and back into the playoffs (just like the Jets always seem to do).

No way in hell will PennyBoy will ever lead the Jets to the next level (AFC Championship game) unless he improves his game against good defensive teams.

And I have NEVER bashed CuMar, that's savage's gig. :wink:

No way in hell will PennyBoy will ever lead the Jets to the next level (AFC Championship game) unless he improves his game against good defensive teams.

So let me get this straight... you are saying that he could lead the Jets to the Championship if he were to improve? What in specific does he he have to do?

by the way.... your wife looks lovely!!! My question is ... how did you get souch a beautiful woman to want to be with you? ;) just kidding... nice pictures

So let me get this straight... you are saying that he could lead the Jets to the Championship if he were to improve? What in specific does he he have to do?

gg come now, You know the answer.

It begins with "N" and ends with "oodle arm"! :lol:

Joe "Average" is 1-9 versus top 10 defenses.

Not sure where you get your stats from on this one but chad won 4 games against top 10 defenses last year alone (Buf and Miami twice). Didn't research this further but it is not really a fair stat since the only year Chad played with a top 10 defense he had a torn rotator cuff more than half the season.

Not sure where you get your stats from on this one but chad won 4 games against top 10 defenses last year alone (Buf and Miami twice). Didn't research this further but it is not really a fair stat since the only year Chad played with a top 10 defense he had a torn rotator cuff more than half the season.

I agree on the Bills but the Fins were ranked 20#!!

Would Tom Brady had achieved the same success he's had in New Englad, had he been drafted by any other team?

Look at the adversity Chad Pennington has had to overcome:

1. Drafted by a team that went through 4 head coaches in 24 hours (that's hyperbole :lol: )

2. The guy who was in the chair when the music stopped, Herm Edwards, is incompetent, arrogant, stubborn and daffy. He had zero confidence in Chad Pennington, and left Vinny Testeverde in at QB, even though his strength was the vertical game and his relationship with Paul Hackett was volatile.

3. His OC was a complete tool.

4. Has a GM that believes a million dollar QB should be protected by a ten cent offensive line.

5. With less than a minute to go in the first half of a preseason game, the HC decides it's a good idea to have the franchise QB on the field; his OC, the tool, calls some whacky play that requires a rookie FB to block, but I guess the rookie (BJ Askew) could not decipher hyroglyphics (Hacketts playbook) and 3 Giant defenders were in the backfield in less than 3 seconds, with Pennington running for his life, and then injuring his wrist.

6. Pennington is then rushed back to play against the Eagles, when Vinny started the game and was doing fine. The Jets lost, of course.

7. The following season, Pennington again is injured but is brought back prematurely (again) with a torn labrum, when the backup QB, who is 2-1 as the starter, is doing just fine. (Quincy Carter, not the most stable guy to begin with, was so devestated by his short stay in Herm's world, winds up in a drug rehab and then falls off the face of the earth)

Seriously, would Tom Brady have faired better than that, under those circumstances?

How is points allowed the stat to go by? A defense can't help it if the offense is giving them a short field all day.

OK post the Link that said the Fins were a top 10

defense!! Funny I always thought a good defense

doesn't give up alot of points!! I guess the 2000

Ravens weren't that good!! Their offense was ranked

14th middle of the pack..Yet their D was number 1

giving up 165 points all season which to you means

squat!! :mrgreen:

How is points allowed the stat to go by?

What is the only objective of a defense?

Keep the other team from scoring.

Total yards is completely bogus (along with DLinemen stats) when evaluating a defense.

Points allowed and takeaways are the two most critical stats for a defensive unit.

I don't care if a defense gives up 400 yards between the 20's as long as they keep the other team out of the end zone.

Would Tom Brady had achieved the same success he's had in New Englad, had he been drafted by any other team?

Look at the adversity Chad Pennington has had to overcome:

1. Drafted by a team that went through 4 head coaches in 24 hours (that's hyperbole :lol: )

2. The guy who was in the chair when the music stopped, Herm Edwards, is incompetent, arrogant, stubborn and daffy. He had zero confidence in Chad Pennington, and left Vinny Testeverde in at QB, even though his strength was the vertical game and his relationship with Paul Hackett was volatile.

3. His OC was a complete tool.

4. Has a GM that believes a million dollar QB should be protected by a ten cent offensive line.

5. With less than a minute to go in the first half of a preseason game, the HC decides it's a good idea to have the franchise QB on the field; his OC, the tool, calls some whacky play that requires a rookie FB to block, but I guess the rookie (BJ Askew) could not decipher hyroglyphics (Hacketts playbook) and 3 Giant defenders were in the backfield in less than 3 seconds, with Pennington running for his life, and then injuring his wrist.

6. Pennington is then rushed back to play against the Eagles, when Vinny started the game and was doing fine. The Jets lost, of course.

7. The following season, Pennington again is injured but is brought back prematurely (again) with a torn labrum, when the backup QB, who is 2-1 as the starter, is doing just fine. (Quincy Carter, not the most stable guy to begin with, was so devestated by his short stay in Herm's world, winds up in a drug rehab and then falls off the face of the earth)

Seriously, would Tom Brady have faired better than that, under those circumstances?

This is a VERY good rundown. VERY good.

Kudos, JetMo. Done't ever forget-in 2002 Hermie wanted nothing to do with "He may never be ready" Penny until he had no choice but to turn to him. And but for Pennington playing his butt off, Hermie would have been in the Fox studio long ago. And this was after any blind man could see that Pennington was a much better fit for the WCO than Tetstaverde from the very beginning.

Good post Moses.

And I have said since the day the Jets hired Dinger, the success (or lack thereof) of the Jets offense this year lies squarely on the shoulders of the Jets OLine.

You can't ask an already fragile QB to take deeper drops and not expect to get killed back there.

There is a ton of pressure on the OLine to produce this season.

Archived