Some Hermie thoughts from MS Gold on the Addicts Board!!

Savage69

Terrell Owens threatens a hold out and Reid and team president John Banner inform Owens and Rosenhaus that they will fine TO $9500 pe DAY that he is unexcused absent from training camp.

John Abraham threatens a hold out and Hermy comes out publicly saying basically it no big deal since John can just turn it on when the regular season starts.

One team has the coach firmly in charge, the other clearly has the inmates playing a major role in running the asylum (Thank God this team has 2 strong coordinators to at least keep SOME order).

One coach has made 4 title games and 1 SB in the last 4 years yet talks about what they HAVEN'T accomplished yet, the other crows to the media about what an achievement it is making the playoffs 3 of 4 years but has yet to make it past rd 2.

Anyone but me see a distinct difference here not only in how to run a team but also in the subsequent results? I can't imagine BB, Parcells, Reid, Cowher, Fischer, Capers, or ANY of the better coaches basically giving a player "permission" to hold out.

IMO, it is also time for Bradway to step up and tell herm to stop opening his big f-ing mouth to the media at every step and undermining team policy in the process. It started with the whole "Coles is our MVP and he will be back" statement which hindered Bradways negotiating position. Then it went to "If Vinny wants to be traded, we can accommodate that" a false statement which was impossible due to cap issues. Now this JA comment. I am sure Bradway is THRILLED that Hermy is giving JA permission to hold out, that will do wonders for putting pressure on him to report while they talk contract.

Hey Hermy....SHUT THE F UP ALREADY YOU STUPID F*CK!!!!!!!!

NO HERMY JIVE ALLOWED IN '05!!!!!!!

How about we wait and see how it plays out before actually blasting Herm? What Bradway walks away unharmed by all this?

I seem to remember Herm being pretty tough when it came to disciplining Abe in the past.

ABraham is franchised. Under the CBA that HIS player's union signed, that is de-facto being 'under contract'. As usual, MSG is dead on here. Yet again, Herm looks like the assclown, speaking out of turn. He is the new Jerry Glanville, but not as good a coach. When will Herm start leaving tickets at the gate for John Lynch?

ABraham is franchised. Under the CBA that HIS player's union signed, that is de-facto being 'under contract'. As usual, MSG is dead on here. Yet again, Herm looks like the assclown, speaking out of turn. He is the new Jerry Glanville, but not as good a coach. When will Herm start leaving tickets at the gate for John Lynch?

Among all of the finer points you are missing here, Timothy, is that Herm has to coach this kid this season so if he came out and slammed him in the press now, how would the help him later in the season when he is asking him to put his body on the line for the team?

Hmm?

Oh yeah... the finer points.

But calling him an assclown was sheer brilliance. You must be studying up from the FinHeaven forums.

BZ

Camp doesn't open until Monday. If they still have this "be nice to Abe" attitude then when he then I expect the tone will change. By NFLPA agreement Abraham is due over $6 million in salary and is not a free agent.He is for all practical purposes under contract as a memebr of the NFLPA(so cllectively bargained by his union), and pardon us all if it's a tad hard to muster up sympathy for a dog about to make $6 million+ and complain about his lot.

If by early next week, Abraham isn't in camp, I'm sure the rhetoric will change. Knock Edwards for any number of things, but there isn't much point to badmouthing Abraham until he really is holding out. And if he does, it will get a whole bunch more serious.

TO by the way said last night he is going to report.

Terrell Owens threatens a hold out and Reid and team president John Banner inform Owens and Rosenhaus that they will fine TO $9500 pe DAY that he is unexcused absent from training camp.

John Abraham threatens a hold out and Hermy comes out publicly saying basically it no big deal since John can just turn it on when the regular season starts.

One team has the coach firmly in charge, the other clearly has the inmates playing a major role in running the asylum (Thank God this team has 2 strong coordinators to at least keep SOME order).

One coach has made 4 title games and 1 SB in the last 4 years yet talks about what they HAVEN'T accomplished yet, the other crows to the media about what an achievement it is making the playoffs 3 of 4 years but has yet to make it past rd 2.

Anyone but me see a distinct difference here not only in how to run a team but also in the subsequent results? I can't imagine BB, Parcells, Reid, Cowher, Fischer, Capers, or ANY of the better coaches basically giving a player "permission" to hold out.

IMO, it is also time for Bradway to step up and tell herm to stop opening his big f-ing mouth to the media at every step and undermining team policy in the process. It started with the whole "Coles is our MVP and he will be back" statement which hindered Bradways negotiating position. Then it went to "If Vinny wants to be traded, we can accommodate that" a false statement which was impossible due to cap issues. Now this JA comment. I am sure Bradway is THRILLED that Hermy is giving JA permission to hold out, that will do wonders for putting pressure on him to report while they talk contract.

UMMMMM Sav-You can't fine a a player who is franchised and does not report to camp. You just CAN'T do it.

TS you are incorrect. In order to have any "contract" both parties have to agree to teh premise. In this case , Abraham has not agreed to teh Jets tender.

He IS NOT under contract. What he is UNABLE to do is play for any other team, but he is not under contract. By tendering,the Jets have allowed themselves to have sole negotiating rights. That is far from a contract.

TS you are incorrect. In order to have any "contract" both parties have to agree to teh premise. In this case , Abraham has not agreed to teh Jets tender.

I thought Abe said publically that he would sign the Jets tender offer if he was franchised.

Ya gotta love having players with such strong moral character and honor. :shock:

Abraham is a party to the collective bargaining agreement through his memebrship in the NFLPA. To whine about getting paid $6.7 million is so effing pathetic that we all hope they send this jackass packing and get some actual players. Know what? The Raiders are suckers for guys like this-Robert Gallery, even up. Let him go worry about his future elsewhere.

Among all of the finer points you are missing here, Timothy, is that Herm has to coach this kid this season so if he came out and slammed him in the press now, how would the help him later in the season when he is asking him to put his body on the line for the team?

Hmm?

Oh yeah... the finer points.

But calling him an assclown was sheer brilliance. You must be studying up from the FinHeaven forums.

BZ

Are you friggin' kidding me? So a coach should be AFRAID to grow a pair of testicles and BE A COACH for fear that an injury-prone locker-room cancer won't try as hard? I'd LOVE to hear what Bill Belicheck would say about that comment.

**** you Abraham, and **** you Herm for not taking a stand against this sh*t. This is part of the reason why this franchise hasn't won in 36 years. NO BALLS.

Are you friggin' kidding me? So a coach should be AFRAID to grow a pair of testicles and BE A COACH for fear that an injury-prone locker-room cancer won't try as hard? I'd LOVE to hear what Bill Belicheck would say about that comment.

He would say nothing. He would gloss over it and say NOTHING. Being a man doesn't mean ripping other people to shreds.

Ask Tx.

BZ

He would say nothing. He would gloss over it and say NOTHING. Being a man doesn't mean ripping other people to shreds.

Ask Tx.

BZ

Heh, just because nothing is said in the MEDIA doesn't mean it isn't said behind closed doors. I bet Belicheck had a word or 2 for Ty Law last season when he bitched about his deal.

Savage you and MSGOLD have nailed it! Our HC is a fraud and not in the upper level of HCs. I know that will make so here unhappy but so what? HERM makes me unhappy!

F#ck you Abraham, and F#ck you Herm for not taking a stand against this Sh#t. This is part of the reason why this franchise hasn't won in 36 years. NO BALLS.

Really? Where was the lack of balls when Herm suspended the guy? Your argument leaks like a sieve.

Heh, just because nothing is said in the MEDIA doesn't mean it isn't said behind closed doors. I bet Belicheck had a word or 2 for Ty Law last season when he bitched about his deal.

You seem to discount that what Herm says to the media may differ from what he says behind closed doors. Can't have it both ways.

How about we wait and see how it plays out before actually blasting Herm? What Bradway walks away unharmed by all this?

I seem to remember Herm being pretty tough when it came to disciplining Abe in the past.

you may need a hanky to wipe this off Herms ass

bigkiss.gif

Archived