Pats Sign All Draft Picks

PatsFanTX

From ProFootballTalk:

POSTED 10:15 p.m. EDT, July 24, 2005

PATS TO PEN MANKINS ON MONDAY

A league source tells us that the New England Patriots have reached an agreement in principle with first-round pick Logan Mankins, making them the first team to sign a first-rounder and the only team with all of its selections from the 2005 draft under contract.

The Patriots open training camp practice on Monday.

Mankins, an offensive lineman who is expected to play guard for the Pats, was the final selection in round one. The Fresno State product is 6-4 and 307 pounds, and has a chance to be the opening-day replacement for Joe Andruzzi, who left New England to sign with the Browns.

No terms were available as of Sunday night.

Look it may not go over well with some Jet fans but I have to give credit to teams that have shown they are well run - Pats are the only team with all their picks signed-

that does not change I want to knock them off and good when we play them

All the Pats draft picks are signed, not just the 32nd. :wink:

TX-I really don't consider 2nd round picks and beyond anything to ever worry about getting into camp. If you have a 2nd rounder (or lower) holding out going into camp, you either have a very obtuse draftee, a overly frugal club, a disjointed agent or something very haywire. Those picks are slotted efficintly and fall in order.

It is those 1-15 picks that are the hardest to fall.

Touting that the team at #32 and all their subsequent picks are in house in not a lot to toot a horn over. Neither will I be impressed if the Jets get their picks in.

In terms of teh Jets and Pats, with where they drafted, they had BETTER get those picks in or something is wrong

TX-I really don't consider 2nd round picks and beyond anything to ever worry about getting into camp. If you have a 2nd rounder (or lower) holding out going into camp, you either have a very obtuse draftee, a overly frugal club, a disjointed agent or something very haywire. Those picks are slotted efficintly and fall in order.

It is those 1-15 picks that are the hardest to fall.

Touting that the team at #32 and all their subsequent picks are in house in not a lot to toot a horn over. Neither will I be impressed if the Jets get their picks in.

In terms of teh Jets and Pats, with where they drafted, they had BETTER get those picks in or something is wrong

Dierk, not sure if I agree with you here.

I think it is very important to get all the drafts picks signed BEFORE camp starts, including lower round picks. What would have happened if Coleman missed several weeks of camp last season? Think he would of had the same type of year that he did?

And I also think back to last year with the crap the Pats had to deal with Ben Watson. #-o

Bottom line, I agree, signing a #32 pick is really no big deal on it's own, but having ALL draft picks signed and ready for camp IS a big deal.

If it's really no big deal, why are the Pats the only team to get this done? :wink:

TX-Maybe I wasn't clear-You ABSOMUTELY want every player in the fold.

Again, I don't consider the 2nd round down to be that difficult to deal with-The precedents are there and are pretty hard and fast-Unless someone is being unreasonable, round 2 and down should be a slam dunk.

Round 1 is where your holdouts will come from. Now, having the 32 pick should not be that hard. As I stated it is usually 1-15 that wait for the dominos to fall.

I am not sure how many camps open today. My guess is that at least half the teams will have all their picks signed befroe they go in. The Jets should be one of them. The teams will usually wait until teh "last minute" to get these done to gain any leverage they have.

Looks like a done deal.

Patriots sign first-round pick Mankins

NFL.com wire reports

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. (July 25,2005) -- The New England Patriots announced the signing of first-round draft choice Logan Mankins today. Terms of the agreement were not disclosed. Mankins, who was the last player selected in the first round of the 2005 NFL draft becomes the first among those 32 players to agree to a contract. With his signing, the Patriots have now signed all seven of their 2005 draft choices.

Mankins, 23, was drafted by the Patriots with the 32nd overall selection. The 6-foot-4-inch, 307-pound lineman started 40 of 42 games in four seasons at Fresno State, where he earned first-team All-Western Athletic Conference honors in his final season at Fresno State. Mankins did not allow a single sack or pressure the entire season, producing 16 touchdown-resulting blocks, earning him team-MVP honors making him the first offensive lineman in Fresno State history to earn such an award.

After red-shirting his freshman season in 2000, the Catheys Valley, California native had an outstanding 2001 season blocking David Carr

Looks like a done deal.

Patriots sign first-round pick Mankins

NFL.com wire reports

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. (July 25,2005) -- The New England Patriots announced the signing of first-round draft choice Logan Mankins today. Terms of the agreement were not disclosed. Mankins, who was the last player selected in the first round of the 2005 NFL draft becomes the first among those 32 players to agree to a contract. With his signing, the Patriots have now signed all seven of their 2005 draft choices.

Mankins, 23, was drafted by the Patriots with the 32nd overall selection. The 6-foot-4-inch, 307-pound lineman started 40 of 42 games in four seasons at Fresno State, where he earned first-team All-Western Athletic Conference honors in his final season at Fresno State. Mankins did not allow a single sack or pressure the entire season, producing 16 touchdown-resulting blocks, earning him team-MVP honors making him the first offensive lineman in Fresno State history to earn such an award.

After red-shirting his freshman season in 2000, the Catheys Valley, California native had an outstanding 2001 season blocking David Carr

From ProFootballTalk:

POSTED 10:15 p.m. EDT, July 24, 2005

PATS TO PEN MANKINS ON MONDAY

A league source tells us that the New England Patriots have reached an agreement in principle with first-round pick Logan Mankins, making them the first team to sign a first-rounder and the only team with all of its selections from the 2005 draft under contract.

The Patriots open training camp practice on Monday.

Mankins, an offensive lineman who is expected to play guard for the Pats, was the final selection in round one. The Fresno State product is 6-4 and 307 pounds, and has a chance to be the opening-day replacement for Joe Andruzzi, who left New England to sign with the Browns.

No terms were available as of Sunday night.

Who is Logan Mankins?

Archived