How Long Before Jets Succumb To The Dreaded "3rd"

The Gun Of Bavaria

For all the complaints from all "old school" Jet fans saying how we should stick to tradition and the normal green and white, I wouldn't mind to see a 3rd jersey, or another (although I know we've had a few recently) jersey. Although some nfl teams had very good old jerseys and logos (Broncos, Falcons), there have been countless changes that were for the better (Patriots, Bucaneers, Rams, Seahawks, Bengals, Cardinals (This year's jerseys to come), Chargers (Powder Blue)). If the Jets had a new look jersey and used it once throughout the season, I wouldn't be against it. Everyone knows that it will sell just like people buy pro bowl Jerseys or the black Jets jerseys, and I don't think that it would disrupt the tradition of the Jets.

What would be ideal would be to use the original Jets logo on this third jersey, with some cool jersey adjustments, imo.

I wouldn't mind if we'd occassionally use our black jerseys, but if I ever see the Jets trotting out in some Bills/Bengals Arena Football looking sh*t, I won't even have time to grab a bucket before I throw up whatever's left in my stomach.

The Jets will be like every other team in the league that will want to capitolize on any marketing item they can. It is all about the almight dollar therefore my prediction is it will be sooner rather than later

by the way Guns YOU ARE NOT READY FOR 2005 football!

Please let them stay with the green and white! I hate the mad rush by everyone into black.

Those of us who were old AFL fans remember that Sonny Werblin made the colors green and white because they were the color of money. It was a sign to the NFL that the AFL wasn't going away.

BTW, I still like the powder blue Chargers jerseys. Absolutely classic.

For all the complaints from all "old school" Jet fans saying how we should stick to tradition and the normal green and white, I wouldn't mind to see a 3rd jersey, or another (although I know we've had a few recently) jersey. Although some nfl teams had very good old jerseys and logos (Broncos, Falcons), there have been countless changes that were for the better (Patriots, Bucaneers, Rams, Seahawks, Bengals, Cardinals (This year's jerseys to come), Chargers (Powder Blue)). If the Jets had a new look jersey and used it once throughout the season, I wouldn't be against it. Everyone knows that it will sell just like people buy pro bowl Jerseys or the black Jets jerseys, and I don't think that it would disrupt the tradition of the Jets.

What would be ideal would be to use the original Jets logo on this third jersey, with some cool jersey adjustments, imo.

Have to disagree with you on the new Pat's logo. The old Pat the Patriot was a classic. The new uni's are terrible.

Have to disagree with you on the new Pat's logo. The old Pat the Patriot was a classic. The new uni's are terrible.

The Pats won crap with the old uni's, the new ones are much better. =D>=D>

Seriously, I loved the red uni's with the Minutman on the helmet.

Archived