Purpose of football players armbands?

Ranger

Ok, I see this on alot of football players, not just in the pro's....what is the purpose....they don't protect the elbow....Only think I can think of is, they make the players veins stick out more. sorry for the dumb question, but it's been bugging me.

here is a sample pick:

gholston-50.jpg

Ok, I see this on alot of football players, not just in the pro's....what is the purpose....they don't protect the elbow....Only think I can think of is, they make the players veins stick out more. sorry for the dumb question, but it's been bugging me.

They are completley useless but are used to look cool

I think their purpose is to cut down on the "carpet" burns players get sliding on turf.

Yeah... except the 1 milimeter of skin that Gholston's armband covers isn't really worth the time it takes to put something like that on.

Yeah... except the 1 milimeter of skin that Gholston's armband covers isn't really worth the time it takes to put something like that on.

It actually keeps his arm from SLIDING on the turf believe it or not. If his arm doesn't slide, he won't get rugburn.

here is a sample pick:

gholston-50.jpg

cause he's a bad mo fo!!

it doesnt matter what the arm bands are for, they are very sexy and enhance the muscles and make football way better to watch.:P

I hope you are a women, if not, you have a promising future here as a moderator.

Archived