Ty Law Watch<>WDIV-TV Detroit Reports Lions Offer Tomo

The Gun Of Bavaria

Here is a quote from the NY Post today:

The wild card - and most intriguing - possibility is former Patriots Pro Bowl CB Ty Law, who's a free agent and in the midst of a bidding war. Law, whose first choice is to play for the Jets and Edwards, is believed to be seeking some $6-7 million per year, though that number might come down. Don't be surprised to see him wearing green before camp is over.

Is Mark Cannizzarro just being optimistic? Who knows, but his report is encouraging to Jet fans who want Law.

The wild card - and most intriguing - possibility is former Patriots Pro Bowl CB Ty Law, who's a free agent and in the midst of a bidding war. Law, whose first choice is to play for the Jets and Edwards, is believed to be seeking some $6-7 million per year, though that number might come down. Don't be surprised to see him wearing green before camp is over.

Is Mark Cannizzarro just being optimistic? Who knows, but his report is encouraging to Jet fans who want Law.

Man I hope so. Law is the missing piece to this defense. The front 7 is pretty damn good and our lone weak-spot last year was CB. Barrett was VERY impressive the 2nd half of the season and in the playoffs and with Law we could have one of the best 1-2 punches at CB in the NFL if Barrett kept last years 2nd half / playoff performance to this year.

Jets | Law to Visit

Mon, 25 Jul 2005 21:59:22 -0700

Mike O'Hara, of the Detroit News, reports free agent CB Ty Law (Patriots) plans to visit and workout for the New York Jets. The date of the workout is not known.

I'm just trying to keep all the Ty Law news in one thread...this could easily break out into many threads.

As reported on WEEI this am, Detroit's offer to Ty Law was one million plus incentives. Law is seeking 6 million. I HIGHLY doubt Law will be a Lion.

The Jets have a legitimate shot at this guy. Wait it out and offer him two million. Ty Law would be an outstanding addition to the Jets secondary. He brings a veteran leadership, excellent work ethic, talent, toughness, brains and savvy to a team that could use those things.

Ty Law would be an outstanding addition to the Jets secondary. He brings a veteran leadership, excellent work ethic, talent, toughness, brains and savvy to a team that could use those things.

That type of player would be a misfit on the Jets.

did you pay to get that premium info????

did you pay to get that premium info????

It was free :D

Lions interested in Law, who is interested in Jets

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

By Tom Kowalski

ALLEN PARK -- Now the waiting begins.

Free-agent cornerback Ty Law worked out for the Detroit Lions on Monday, but there haven't been any significant contract talks yet. Part of the reason is that the Lions aren't prepared to enter any high-dollar negotiations and part of the reason is that Law will soon be headed to New York to work out for the Jets.

When asked if there was a possibility he'd be playing for the Jets this season, Law replied, ``Very much so.''

While Law didn't confirm an actual date of the Jets workout, he is looking forward to it.

``I'll work out for New York and I'm actually very interested in New York as well,'' he said, adding that he isn't ruling out other teams. ``(Whatever is) the best opportunity and the best situation, that's probably where I'll end up. I'll let it play out; I can't control what kind of offers will be made.''

The Lions, meanwhile, will wait to see how negotiations go with Law and the other teams. If those talks lag and Law's asking price comes down, the Lions appear ready to jump into the hunt.

``I'd love to do something, but we'll be on his timetable,'' Lions president Matt Millen said. ``Ty holds all the cards and we have some restraints.''

Law, who is recovering from a broken left foot from last season, said he's now ready to play.

``I'm 100 percent. There's nothing I can't do. I'm ready to play, I'm ready to roll,'' said Law, adding that he went through all the workouts the Lions requested. ``I did the typical things. I got a good sweat on. I did all the movements that are necessary for my position and I did all the things they wanted me to do. It was extensive, but not too extensive.''

``He's probably not 100 percent, but he's moving very well and he's well on his way,'' Millen said. ``He was moving around pretty good.''

Law would be an interesting addition to the Lions secondary because they already have two high-priced starters in Dre Bly and Fernando Bryant. Law didn't get into specifics about his discussions with the Lions, but he did shoot down the rumor that he might switch to safety.

``I'm a cornerback and that's what I want to play and that's what I'm going to play,'' Law said. ``They're interested and I'm interested.''

Said Millen: ``He misstated. He's a football player who also happens to be a very good corner. ''

The other teams who have inquired about Law include the Kansas City Chiefs, the Jacksonville Jaguars, the Pittsburgh Steelers and Miami Dolphins.

``Ty is the premier cornerback in the league right now,'' Law's agent, Kevin Poston, said. ``It always comes down to dollars. It's a business. But, is it just dollars? No. You have to be happy with the organization.''

When asked if Poston expected to see a quick signing, he said, ``I wouldn't be surprised.''

he'll be in GREEN and WHITE very shortly

Lions interested in Law, who is interested in Jets

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

By Tom Kowalski

ALLEN PARK -- Now the waiting begins.

Free-agent cornerback Ty Law worked out for the Detroit Lions on Monday, but there haven't been any significant contract talks yet. Part of the reason is that the Lions aren't prepared to enter any high-dollar negotiations and part of the reason is that Law will soon be headed to New York to work out for the Jets.

When asked if there was a possibility he'd be playing for the Jets this season, Law replied, ``Very much so.''

While Law didn't confirm an actual date of the Jets workout, he is looking forward to it.

``I'll work out for New York and I'm actually very interested in New York as well,'' he said, adding that he isn't ruling out other teams. ``(Whatever is) the best opportunity and the best situation, that's probably where I'll end up. I'll let it play out; I can't control what kind of offers will be made.''

The Lions, meanwhile, will wait to see how negotiations go with Law and the other teams. If those talks lag and Law's asking price comes down, the Lions appear ready to jump into the hunt.

``I'd love to do something, but we'll be on his timetable,'' Lions president Matt Millen said. ``Ty holds all the cards and we have some restraints.''

Law, who is recovering from a broken left foot from last season, said he's now ready to play.

``I'm 100 percent. There's nothing I can't do. I'm ready to play, I'm ready to roll,'' said Law, adding that he went through all the workouts the Lions requested. ``I did the typical things. I got a good sweat on. I did all the movements that are necessary for my position and I did all the things they wanted me to do. It was extensive, but not too extensive.''

``He's probably not 100 percent, but he's moving very well and he's well on his way,'' Millen said. ``He was moving around pretty good.''

Law would be an interesting addition to the Lions secondary because they already have two high-priced starters in Dre Bly and Fernando Bryant. Law didn't get into specifics about his discussions with the Lions, but he did shoot down the rumor that he might switch to safety.

``I'm a cornerback and that's what I want to play and that's what I'm going to play,'' Law said. ``They're interested and I'm interested.''

Said Millen: ``He misstated. He's a football player who also happens to be a very good corner. ''

The other teams who have inquired about Law include the Kansas City Chiefs, the Jacksonville Jaguars, the Pittsburgh Steelers and Miami Dolphins.

``Ty is the premier cornerback in the league right now,'' Law's agent, Kevin Poston, said. ``It always comes down to dollars. It's a business. But, is it just dollars? No. You have to be happy with the organization.''

When asked if Poston expected to see a quick signing, he said, ``I wouldn't be surprised.''

Maybe the 3rd time is the charm....

Antoine Winfield meets the Jets and bolts for Minny..

John Lynch meets the Jets and decides he likes Denver...

Ty Law works out for other teams....AND?

3rd time is the charm.

Ty Law to the Jets is LOOKIN GOOD.

How can the Lions seriously offer just 1 million + incentives and actually think that the Postons and Ty Law would consider it?

IMO, 4 million + incentives would easily top any other teams offer I would assume. 4 million isnt exactly overboard here, we could make that happen.

Didnt Curtis Martin plead to the Jets FO that he really wants Ty Law!!?!? Maybe Curtis will finally put his money where his mouth is and maybe take a pay cut.

Jets | Strong Blip on the Radar for Law

Tue, 26 Jul 2005 07:05:04 -0700

Tom Kowalski, of mlive.com, reports free agent CB Ty Law (Patriots) was asked if there was a possibility he'd be playing for the New York Jets this season, and Law replied, "Very much so." As noted earlier, he has a workout scheduled in the future with the Jets. While Law didn't confirm an actual date of the Jets workout, he is looking forward to it. "I'll work out for New York and I'm actually very interested in New York as well,'' he said, adding that he isn't ruling out other teams. "(Whatever is) the best opportunity and the best situation, that's probably where I'll end up. I'll let it play out; I can't control what kind of offers will be made."

Am I the only one worried about Law's health?

I mean, I'm all for a healthy Ty Law in the secondary, but the guy was in a wheelchair, not long ago. How much do you trust his repairs?

There is no difference in Law's situation as there is PennyBoy's.

The vast majority of Jet fans feel PennyBoy will be back "stronger than ever".

Why can't Ty Law?

Why can't Ty Law?

Ty Law is older. And his injury effects his speed which if you dont have at corner, you pretty much are average.

I know, you're going to say well isnt a shoulder important for a QB? LOL, of course it is. But I feel inside that Pennington will be great.

Ty Law is older. And his injury effects his speed which if you dont have at corner, you pretty much are average.

I know, you're going to say well isnt a shoulder important for a QB? LOL, of course it is. But I feel inside that Pennington will be great.

Let me see if I understand your arguement barton. Because Ty Law is a CB and his feet are vitally important to the position, he is at risk for not performing.

But a QB's throwing shoulder is not? :shock::shock::shock:

BTW, Ty Law never had that "great CB speed" prior to his injury. He compensated for that by playing very smart and extremely physical.

I have no doubt wherever he ends up, he will perform like he always has.

I've said this before and I will say it again. Ty Law and the Postons are not to be believed. Ty law will sign with the team that offers the best deal/money. Period. That could very well be the Jets. I think it would be money well spent.

Why can't Ty Law?

The difference is, we're already paying Pennington.

Well, I'm not going to say Ty is any sort of missing link, for the Jets or Lions. I don't see any reason why Ty couldn't be good for the next three or four years, reguardless of what city he's playing in. Will he be great? Probably. I mean, while he has been recovering from a foot injury, he hasn't taken any contact in months, which means his entire body has been healing. Feet, knees, ankles, and all. While he won't be a shutdown corner, because that's gone the way of the dinosaur, he'll still be a very good CB, playing along with Strait, Barrett, Miller, and whatever else is there. And, there's talk of him converting to FS later in his career, like Ron Woodsen did. And if the Jets get their sh*t together on their front seven, the defense could look very Baltimore Ravens-esque, considering their DC was one of the Ravens coaches. It's not that far of a stretch.

Well, I'm not going to say Ty is any sort of missing link, for the Jets or Lions. I don't see any reason why Ty couldn't be good for the next three or four years, reguardless of what city he's playing in. Will he be great? Probably. I mean, while he has been recovering from a foot injury, he hasn't taken any contact in months, which means his entire body has been healing. Feet, knees, ankles, and all. While he won't be a shutdown corner, because that's gone the way of the dinosaur, he'll still be a very good CB, playing along with Strait, Barrett, Miller, and whatever else is there. And, there's talk of him converting to FS later in his career, like Ron Woodsen did. And if the Jets get their Sh#t together on their front seven, the defense could look very Baltimore Ravens-esque, considering their DC was one of the Ravens coaches. It's not that far of a stretch.

Having a defense along the lines of what the Ravens had in 2000 for their Super Bowl run wouldn't be the worst thing in the world...actually it would be amazing. But if you just look at some similarities, "saying us in 2-3 years" without we aren't that far from a #1 quality defense.

Notable Players:

Ravens: D-Line Tony Siragusa and Sam Adams...two big guys in the middle to stop the run, and Mike McCrary on the end, a speed rusher.

Jets D-line: Robinson becomes a pro bowler and Pouha throws his big body in there and becomes a Sam Adams/Ted Washington size gap filler. Ellis is a power rusher at the DE spot and Abraham, (signed to a long term deal after a hold-out two years in a row), is a pro bowl speed rusher from the other end.

Ravens LB: Before I discuss this I need to preface this by saying that there will be no comparison between these linebackers and any other linebacking corps in the history of football. Peter Boulware, Ray Lewis, and Jamie Sharper are all fast, strong, and instinctive and the best LB's in the history of the game.

Jets LB: Vilma leads the charge and takes a similar role as Lewis did. Barton at one LB position and the Jets pick up another LB out of Free Agency or the draft to replace the 2nd rd. bust Hobson. Although not big, the LB's are quick and cover the field sideline to sideline well.

Ravens DB: Duane Starks and a young Chris McAllister anchor the CB spots with hall of famer Rod Woodson and Kim Herring cover the Safety spots.

Jets DB: Miller and Barrett cover the CB spots...Law switches to Free Safety and Coleman goes to SS. Miller finally after 3 years of a project steps into his own and after some coverage problems early becomes a solid starter and gets 5 ints.

Henderson replaces Herm as HC and takes the Jets to the AFC Championship game...only to break the Jets fans hearts when they lose to the Jaguars.

I know that this is far fetched, and also looking on the brightside for every situation, but as New York Lotto's says "Hey, It could Happen".

It's a stretch, for sure. The Ravens had one of the best defenses of all time. But, to have a defense with the same ingredients, it's not that far of a stretch. But, there's no way that the defense is going to produce the same. Like you said, the linebackers are nowhere near each other. Any team with a dominant linebacking core is going to be a great defense. Case in point, the Patriots.

The Jets have a good linebacking core. Not great, but it's not bad either. It's good. They just need more impact.

Archived